Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 590

Thread: Immigrant Concentration Camps

  1. Top | #1
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sector 001
    Posts
    9,122
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    23,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Immigrant Concentration Camps

    Let's be honest grownups and call them what they are.

    Here is a breakdown of the facilities now serving as concentration camps for immigrants, put together by Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin.



    McLaughlin writes:

    I've created this flow chart, based on everything I've learned in the last 48 hours, so that everyday Americans can understand the US camp system as presently in operation at our border.

    This has been vetted by legal advocates who have been inside these facilities, are familiar with the system, and have either witnessed these horrors or represent clients who have experienced them, and who have ok'd its release. Some of the data is from media sources, including the superb reporting at Texas Monthly.

    Please share far and wide.

    https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethCr...type=3&theater
    Right wing authoritarian disease always, always targets the most vulnerable first, the standard for cowardly fascists.

    See also:

    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ilities-trump/

    https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...609-story.html

    https://aldianews.com/articles/polit...ntration-camps

    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...ntion-facility

    https://truthout.org/video/dhs-watch...migrant-jails/

    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-care-migrants
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    4,748
    Rep Power
    11
    Right, concentration camps. We are overwhelmed by upwards of 100,000 unweducated and non English speaking refugees. Many requiring health care. Children . Pregnant women traveling alone.

    On CNN today there are Africans making their wat to South America and into Mexico.

    Lets betruly rational, how the hell are we supposed to deal with that? Already this year the equivalent of a number of small cities and towns have crossed the border.

    Again on CNN interviewing refugees. The belief is common that once you get across the border especialy with children you are homer free. It is that perception more than anyone else that drives the migration. As much as I despise Trump it is not really his fault.

    It is the fault of Congress for decades of kicking the can down the road. It is he fault of liberals who out of fear of being labeled racist refuse to condemn the migration and call it what it is. Illegal immigration. They managed to change the narrative to 'undocumented immigrants' in an attempt to legitimize illegal immigration.

    It is the fault of citizens who going far back looked the away benefiting from cheap labor.

    Please spare us the Nazi symbolism.

  3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,445
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    59
    If you want to be rational, 100,000 refugees in a nation of 327,200,000 is not a crisis.

  4. Top | #4
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sector 001
    Posts
    9,122
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    23,557
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Right, concentration camps. We are overwhelmed by upwards of 100,000 unweducated and non English speaking refugees. Many requiring health care. Children . Pregnant women traveling alone.

    On CNN today there are Africans making their wat to South America and into Mexico.

    Lets betruly rational, how the hell are we supposed to deal with that? Already this year the equivalent of a number of small cities and towns have crossed the border.

    Again on CNN interviewing refugees. The belief is common that once you get across the border especialy with children you are homer free. It is that perception more than anyone else that drives the migration. As much as I despise Trump it is not really his fault.

    It is the fault of Congress for decades of kicking the can down the road. It is he fault of liberals who out of fear of being labeled racist refuse to condemn the migration and call it what it is. Illegal immigration. They managed to change the narrative to 'undocumented immigrants' in an attempt to legitimize illegal immigration.

    It is the fault of citizens who going far back looked the away benefiting from cheap labor.

    Please spare us the Nazi symbolism.
    We deal with it HUMANELY. What is wrong with you?

    And it's not symbolism. It's Nazism. Do you live under a rock?
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  5. Top | #5
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sector 001
    Posts
    9,122
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    23,557
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    If you want to be rational, 100,000 refugees in a nation of 327,200,000 is not a crisis.
    The crisis is how they are being treated.
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    23,203
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    65,676
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Right, concentration camps. We are overwhelmed by upwards of 100,000 unweducated and non English speaking refugees. Many requiring health care.
    Talk to Jordan about being overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of people flocking over the border. The existing US system isn't capable of handling the influx, however, it seems ironic that Trump's escalation was followed by an asylum surge. The US didn't have an "overwhelming" problem, yet... now we do.

    Lets betruly rational, how the hell are we supposed to deal with that?
    You mean other than help invest in Central America and make real progress in dealing with the American drug habit that drives the cartels in their countries?

  7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    4,748
    Rep Power
    11
    I watched a 1940s movie on TCM called Border Incident. It was about human trafficking at the southern border to supply American busness. Govt agents working with Mexicamn agents to bring down a smuggling group.

    It muight just as well been made today. Illegal immigrants being left to die. Violence between smugglers and agnets.

    It was an issue at least as far back as the 40s. It is coming to head today because of the numbers.

    IMO it is largely because we have legitimized illegal immigration. Seattle is a sanctuary city. California is a sanctuary state.

    Back in the 70s I knew someone from Haiti that came over on a student visa and stayed on illegal. The issues are not new.

    I am not anti immigrant. I have been around Somali and Ethiopian legal immigrants. There is a thriving community in Seattle. Those that have some equivalence to our primary education fit right in. They may have some English to begin with and become fluent. Those that do not are unable to acquire English are stuck in lowest level jobs with no possibility of a path out. They can not communicate.

    We are bringing large numbers of people beyond our capacity to assimilate who are destined to become a permanent underclass.

    I hate to agree with Trump, but Mexico's allowing caravans of illegal immigrants to pass through Mexico unchallenged is a big problem.

  8. Top | #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    24,120
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    120,872
    Rep Power
    95
    We could provide adequate funding. We don't. Blame: Washington.

    The people see the inhumanity of their actions yet continue them. They're free to walk away. Lets ship the guards off to Nuremburg.

  9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Georgia, US
    Posts
    2,196
    Archived
    3,862
    Total Posts
    6,058
    Rep Power
    71
    I've met some of these undocumented immigrants that some of you demonize. Most of them are wonderful, hard working people. The reason they don't always assimilate is because we don't give them a chance to assimilate. It's not because they don't want to speak English. It's because they haven't had the opportunity to learn, as most Americans treat them as if they are invisible. I met two a few weeks ago. I think my husband and I are probably the first American citizens that they've met who treated them as if they were equals, who appreciated them for their humanity. They can't get a driver's license so many of them walk or ride bicycles to work, although I know of one who drives without a license. He came here legally and over stayed his visa, as the majority of undocumented immigrants do.

    They can't rent a decent place to live because that would require all kinds of checks on their legal status. Plus, immigrants often have children that become successful entrepreneurs, or go on to obtain an education that allows them to become professionals. I've worked with a couple of young women who had parents from Central America. If the children were born here, they don't have to worry about being deported, so it's easier for them to move up to the middle class.

    Some of you have no idea how much value most of these folks add to our country. I'm not suggesting we have open borders, but we should be making it much easier for people with good work ethics who are coming from countries where extreme poverty and/or violence is rampant to have a chance to be part of the US. With our declining birth rate, we should be welcoming more young immigrants who are desperately looking for a better life.

    In the meantime, those who ask for asylum should be treated in a dignified way, and not locked up, separated from their children etc. That is inhumane, regardless of how we label it.

    And, yes, we should be helping these poor countries that we've damaged by our war on drugs, our extremely large carbon output, which has influenced climate change in some of those poor countries. In the past, the US has supported brutal dictators in some of these countries too, so we are partially responsible for what's going on in some of these places. For example, droughts in Central America have left a lot of family famers unable to grow their crops, leaving them in severe poverty, with children suffering from malnutrition. As this problem gets worse, it's expected that the number of immigrants trying to reach the border will rise in much greater numbers. Hate, inhumane treatment and xenophobia aren't the solutions.

  10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    23,203
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    65,676
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    I watched a 1940s movie on TCM called Border Incident. It was about human trafficking at the southern border to supply American busness. Govt agents working with Mexicamn agents to bring down a smuggling group.

    It muight just as well been made today. Illegal immigrants being left to die. Violence between smugglers and agnets.

    It was an issue at least as far back as the 40s. It is coming to head today because of the numbers.

    IMO it is largely because we have legitimized illegal immigration.
    If illegal immigration is the current problem, why is everyone heading to the border and applying for "asylum"?

    I hate to agree with Trump, but Mexico's allowing caravans of illegal immigrants to pass through Mexico unchallenged is a big problem.
    I find it funny that you talk about the horrors of human trafficking and then rail on caravans, which actually is safer for the people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •