Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 369

Thread: LGBTQ Derail Discussion From "Do Democrats Realize..."

  1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,824
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    60

    LGBTQ Derail Discussion From "Do Democrats Realize..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    The left. You guys are a pack of Edited.
    Are you suggesting that if you are LGBTQ you can have pride in that, but if you are straight you can't be proud of that? Why can't EVERYONE be proud of their sexuality?

    Now we're back to being racist for being proud to be white, but not racist for being proud to be black.
    There is nothing wrong with it, so long as you like being Edited.

    Moderator Note: Thread was split from here
    Last edited by Never; 07-13-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: insults

  2. Top | #2
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Recluse
    Posts
    7,962
    Archived
    9,040
    Total Posts
    17,002
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    The left. You guys are a pack of edited.
    Are you suggesting that if you are LGBTQ you can have pride in that, but if you are straight you can't be proud of that? Why can't EVERYONE be proud of their sexuality?

    Now we're back to being racist for being proud to be white, but not racist for being proud to be black.
    So... FYI; typically one is proud of something that takes some effort.
    Think about that. Are you “proud” to be able to walk and speak? No, not really. You’re glad you can, but what is there to be “proud” of? Unless you fought back through rehab from a condition or injury that made it difficult, you’re just a douchebag if you walk around telling people in wheelchairs that you’re proud of being able to walk.


    I assume you can go from here on why being “proud” to be straight or “proud” to be white is not comparable to having pride days for something that has historically been a struggle even to the point of death in this nation.

    Unless you’re a douchebag, in which case you may not get it.
    Last edited by Never; 07-13-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: consistency

  3. Top | #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    always on the move
    Posts
    929
    Archived
    801
    Total Posts
    1,730
    Rep Power
    43
    A little helpful in understanding 'Pride'


    (View video on YouTube)

  4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    16,967
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    41,467
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    The left. You guys are a pack of edited.
    Are you suggesting that if you are LGBTQ you can have pride in that, but if you are straight you can't be proud of that? Why can't EVERYONE be proud of their sexuality?

    Now we're back to being racist for being proud to be white, but not racist for being proud to be black.
    There is nothing wrong with it, so long as you like being Edited
    Well, after slavery, lynching, Jim Crow, institutional racism, 'colored bathrooms' and all the fun stuff heaped upon blacks for years and years and years, someone standing up and saying despite that, I am proud to be black, I won't let you define me as a lesser being, that's bravery.

    After being the ones shitting on blacks for all that time, though, white people trying to have a white pride month is just pathetic. No one's lynching whites, or shipping them off to the plantain plantations overseas, or making them use the whites-only line at airport security. So screaming for an equal opportunity to rise above victimhood just draws attention to... To what? What is the discrimination whites need to respond to?
    Last edited by Never; 07-13-2019 at 05:11 PM. Reason: consistency

  5. Top | #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,167
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,919
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    The left. You guys are a pack of edited.
    Are you suggesting that if you are LGBTQ you can have pride in that, but if you are straight you can't be proud of that? Why can't EVERYONE be proud of their sexuality?

    Now we're back to being racist for being proud to be white, but not racist for being proud to be black.
    Personally, I don't believe anyone should be proud of their sexuality--one should be proud of accomplishments, not simply what you are.

    However, the issue isn't being proud, the issue is bashing. Your gender and sexuality are only relevant at the point that someone is considering you in a romantic context. Otherwise, you're just a person. I don't care who you're sleeping with, I don't care if your gender matches the bits you were issued. I don't even care if you were issued a consistent set of bits.
    Last edited by Never; 07-13-2019 at 05:11 PM. Reason: consistency

  6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,177
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,427
    Rep Power
    0
    Here's an article by Matt Walsh of The Daily Wire:

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/48224...ide-matt-walsh

    "WALSH: If A Straight Pride Parade Is Stupid, So Is A Gay Pride Parade"

    "It is argued that the real purpose of a gay pride parade is to resist and protest the persecution of homosexuals. Heterosexuals are not persecuted for being heterosexuals, so the argument goes, and therefore a heterosexual pride parade is pointless. But if that's the point of a pride parade, then why do they call it a pride parade? If it's really a protest, then call it a protest, or a rally, or a demonstration. And in that case, why do they hold these "protests" in places like San Francisco and Los Angeles, rather than Tehran or Riyadh? It seems that these pride parades are held in precisely the places where gays are not persecuted."

    "The double standard becomes even more pronounced when you take into account the whole buffet of sexual orientations that have now attached themselves like barnacles to the broader LGBT ship. Gay men and lesbian women aren't the only ones celebrating pride at a pride parade. There are also bisexuals and transsexuals and pansexuals and asexuals and greysexuals and demisexuals and the genderfluid and the gender-questioning. Is it reasonable to say that all of these people can and should publicly declare their pride — but not heterosexuals?

    By the way, when was the last time a pansexual was persecuted? I wouldn't know how to persecute one if I wanted to. No, again, this has nothing to do with persecution. This is about boasting of your sex life. Why, then, can't straight people boast?"

  7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,177
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,427
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    The left. You guys are a pack of edited.
    Are you suggesting that if you are LGBTQ you can have pride in that, but if you are straight you can't be proud of that? Why can't EVERYONE be proud of their sexuality?

    Now we're back to being racist for being proud to be white, but not racist for being proud to be black.
    Personally, I don't believe anyone should be proud of their sexuality--one should be proud of accomplishments, not simply what you are.

    However, the issue isn't being proud, the issue is bashing. Your gender and sexuality are only relevant at the point that someone is considering you in a romantic context. Otherwise, you're just a person. I don't care who you're sleeping with, I don't care if your gender matches the bits you were issued. I don't even care if you were issued a consistent set of bits.
    So it seems like you agree that there shouldn't be a pride parade. Great point in the article I linked to how the pride parades only happen in places where gays are not persecuted. Seems like a backwards way to get the message across. It would be better if they did these parades in Muslim countries.
    Last edited by Never; 07-13-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: consistency

  8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,824
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Here's an article by Matt Walsh of The Daily Wire:

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/48224...ide-matt-walsh

    "WALSH: If A Straight Pride Parade Is Stupid, So Is A Gay Pride Parade"

    "It is argued that the real purpose of a gay pride parade is to resist and protest the persecution of homosexuals. Heterosexuals are not persecuted for being heterosexuals, so the argument goes, and therefore a heterosexual pride parade is pointless. But if that's the point of a pride parade, then why do they call it a pride parade? If it's really a protest, then call it a protest, or a rally, or a demonstration. And in that case, why do they hold these "protests" in places like San Francisco and Los Angeles, rather than Tehran or Riyadh? It seems that these pride parades are held in precisely the places where gays are not persecuted."

    "The double standard becomes even more pronounced when you take into account the whole buffet of sexual orientations that have now attached themselves like barnacles to the broader LGBT ship. Gay men and lesbian women aren't the only ones celebrating pride at a pride parade. There are also bisexuals and transsexuals and pansexuals and asexuals and greysexuals and demisexuals and the genderfluid and the gender-questioning. Is it reasonable to say that all of these people can and should publicly declare their pride — but not heterosexuals?

    By the way, when was the last time a pansexual was persecuted? I wouldn't know how to persecute one if I wanted to. No, again, this has nothing to do with persecution. This is about boasting of your sex life. Why, then, can't straight people boast?"
    The Daily Wire is a bigoted site that spews hate towards leftist and non-christians. Why should I bother reading a site that censors leftists?

  9. Top | #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,167
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,919
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Here's an article by Matt Walsh of The Daily Wire:

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/48224...ide-matt-walsh

    "WALSH: If A Straight Pride Parade Is Stupid, So Is A Gay Pride Parade"

    "It is argued that the real purpose of a gay pride parade is to resist and protest the persecution of homosexuals. Heterosexuals are not persecuted for being heterosexuals, so the argument goes, and therefore a heterosexual pride parade is pointless. But if that's the point of a pride parade, then why do they call it a pride parade? If it's really a protest, then call it a protest, or a rally, or a demonstration. And in that case, why do they hold these "protests" in places like San Francisco and Los Angeles, rather than Tehran or Riyadh? It seems that these pride parades are held in precisely the places where gays are not persecuted."

    "The double standard becomes even more pronounced when you take into account the whole buffet of sexual orientations that have now attached themselves like barnacles to the broader LGBT ship. Gay men and lesbian women aren't the only ones celebrating pride at a pride parade. There are also bisexuals and transsexuals and pansexuals and asexuals and greysexuals and demisexuals and the genderfluid and the gender-questioning. Is it reasonable to say that all of these people can and should publicly declare their pride — but not heterosexuals?

    By the way, when was the last time a pansexual was persecuted? I wouldn't know how to persecute one if I wanted to. No, again, this has nothing to do with persecution. This is about boasting of your sex life. Why, then, can't straight people boast?"
    They're not persecuted to nearly the same degree here as there. That doesn't mean they aren't persecuted.

  10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,717
    Archived
    4,797
    Total Posts
    8,514
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    you might want to think about whether it's a good idea to repeat shrink-wrapped trumped-up ad hominems against them. How hard can that be?
    Oh, so there were no places where the three restrooms were men, women and colored? That's trumped up?
    When the police's only evidence against a defendant is the murder weapon they planted on him, the circumstance that they used an actual murder weapon from an actual murder doesn't make it not a trumped-up charge.

    Or can you actually point out any of the white people trying to have a white pride month who actually did any of the things you just accused them of?
    Oooooh. I see where you're coming from.
    But then, rather than that, wouldn't it make more sense for the whites who feel a need to have a pride month, shouldn't THEY justify what it is they're in need of a 'pride' celebration for?
    Don't ask me; I'm not the one who wants a pride month. I'm just the one asking you to please stop giving them a reason to feel they need one.

    Do you have any evidence that Half-Life, or any of the other white people trying to have a white pride month etc., in point of fact enslaved anyone, lynched anyone, enacted Jim Crow laws, instituted institutional racism, or made anybody use "colored bathrooms"? You can't? Then don't say they did.
    Never said they did.
    What exactly is it that you think the word "being" means? You're evidently talking about current white people since you're referring to white people "trying to have a white pride month", and you explicitly claimed that they were doing this "after being" the people who were defecating on blacks for all that time. You literally asserted that the people currently offending you with their color pride and the people who heaped all the fun stuff upon blacks for years and years and years were the same people.

    Now, I get that that was just artistic license on your part and there was no risk anyone would believe the accusation on your mere say-so. But that isn't the point. The point is that if you had skipped the artistically licensed falsehood and instead gone with the truthful "Being the same color as the entirely different people who crapped on blacks for all that time, though, white people trying to have a white pride month is just pathetic.", your argument would no longer have had any superficial plausibility. When your argument depends for its persuasive power on a premise you know is false, it's pious fraud.

    The only oppression I see being inflicted on straight whites is that they're not allowed to discriminate against others right now.
    Look closer. In a mirror. You microaggressed once by falsely accusing them of defecating on blacks. And when they take exception to being microaggressed against and stand up and say despite that, "I am proud to be white", you add a second microaggression to the first by insinuating that their real motive for taking exception is that they want to defecate on blacks.

    So let's explore this one step further. You indicated you're okay with "someone standing up and saying despite that, I am proud to be black". Well, why are you okay with that? Why don't you instead say "After being the ones murdering half a million Tutsis in Rwanda, though, black people trying to have a black pride month is just pathetic."? Presumably, you don't say that because you recognize that it would be ridiculous to lay the crimes of one set of black people at the door of a completely different set of black people. What some Rwandan Hutus did has no bearing on what it's pathetic for black people to stand up and say.

    But to you it evidently doesn't work that way with white people. You don't find it ridiculous to lay the crimes of one set of white people at the door of a completely different set of white people. By making that racial distinction, you are thereby implying being white taints people with collective guilt: when you in effect argue that what Jefferson Davis did has a bearing on what it's pathetic for white people to stand up and say even though what Jean Kambanda did has no bearing on what it's pathetic for black people to stand up and say, you are de facto accusing white people of being collectively guilty. But we aren't collectively guilty. Collective guilt isn't a real thing. So you are making a racial false accusation. Making false accusations against races is a species of oppression.

    So, so fragile.
    That's an ad hominem argument. When you're in the wrong, belittling the people who object to your wrongdoing does not magically make you in the right.

    Keith: Some Whites Did Bad Things.
    Other whites: HEY! You stop talking <expletive deleted> about my mother!
    Can you point out where you said Half-Life's mother was pathetic and was so so fragile and was complaining because she's not allowed to discriminate against others right now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •