Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ Derail Discussion From "Do Democrats Realize..."

1. Top | #231
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fast View Post
    Understand where I’m coming from with this. In elementary school, we have the little boys room and the little girls room, but that’s gender terminology. When you look at the stalls, it’s quite apparent that it’s not about separation of kids by gender but rather sex. If we accept the transgender account, then it’s not the case that all males are boys and all females are girls. There’s a mismatch, so what the labeling should read has not a thing to do with gender but sex.

Everyone with these parts enter here, and everyone with those parts enter there; little males room/little females room. Under my construct, a transgender (m to f) would (or would not) be permitted in a female only bathroom depending on surgery. See, it’s not gender discrimination; it’s sex discrimination.
    Again, how do you determine who has what genitals?
    Knowledge isn’t necessarily important. If you are informed by signage that you’re not allowed in, you’re gonna feel a certain kind of way.

I’ve espoused a difference in the past between product discrimination and people discrimination. Consider a store that specifically caters to women only. That doesn’t mean men may not shop there. If that was so, it would be people discrimination. People discrimination isn’t allowed, but product discrimination is.

If I put up a sign that says we only sell Pepsi soft drinks and you’re a homosexual wanting Coke, there is discrimination involved, but it’s product discrimination, not people discrimination.

If I put up a sign that says we only sell heterosexually-themed wedding cakes, homosexuals are just as welcome to buy them as anyone.

It’s a whole nother matter if the sign says blacks, go away, or no homosexuals or transgenders or pedophiles allowed. That’s people discrimination.

With the woman’s clothing store, that’s product discrimination.

With the bathroom situation, there is discrimination if laws are written as such prohibiting m2f transgenders from entering restrooms that are specifically for female use only. My argument isn’t that there is no discrimination. My only thing is that it’s not really the kind of discrimination that it appears to be. Yes, it’s people discrimination, to be sure, but the underlying target isn’t gender differences but sex differences.

If a female lumberjack enters a woman’s restroom, nobody cares if she has the build of a big ole burly man. Bathrooms are differentiated by sex, not gender. But, they’re labeled that way, but then again it’s labeled that way because gender labeling has been the traditional way of doing it—with no cognizant realization that sometimes there’s a true mismatch between sex and gender—as transgenders tell us.

2. Top | #232
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Michael Knowles said it best: Men are not women. Women are not men.
    It's not quite so clear cut. I've seen video of an individual with both breasts and a penis--completely natural, that's what nature issued them. (Their voice and general appearance was also female.) Man or woman?

Or how about someone who is outwardly female but is XY? (Turned out to be frequent enough that they went back to physical inspection rather than genetic inspection to weed out men trying to compete as women. They often have menstrual and fertility issues but are in all only respects female.)

That is the problem with the left. If someone is mentally ill claiming they are hearing voices, they get sent to a mental institute. Yet, mentally ill men running around going "I'm a woman!" get a pass from the left and get put into no mental institution.
    Nope--hearing voices doesn't get you sent to the nut house.
    Last edited by Loren Pechtel; 07-03-2019 at 04:40 AM.

3. Top | #233
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

Just imagine you have a young daughter. A man (who is obviously a man) says he's a woman and goes into the woman's room. He could easily rape the little girl.

Is that what you are in favor of?
    Does one have to have been dropped on one's head to come up with these straw men?
    I suspect smacks to the head with a bible would be a more likely culprit.

4. Top | #234
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Transgender people commit crimes at a higher rate than regular people.
    [Citation needed]

5. Top | #235
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSky View Post
    I also find it very interesting that the article didn't link to or properly cite the alleged San Francisco study, even though the article cited other sources for other claims.
    We already know enough to know the study isn't relevant--note the study population: bathhouse scene. If you select your sample from those who are highly promiscuous of course you find high numbers of partners! That says nothing about the population at large.

6. Top | #236
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So, you guys see nothing wrong with all the HIV that gets spread around gay communities? That's why it's a problem. These gay men are wild and reckless and don't care about getting HIV. How can anyone praise that?
    False. Most HIV infections world-wide are transmitted heterosexually, most of the time by HIV-infected heterosexual men forcing themselves on women.
    Citation needed for that last part.

7. Top | #237
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

It's called being a realist and not sheltering your mind from things you don't want to think about. It would be great if I didn't have to think about Radical Islamic Terrorism, but that's not reality.

It would be great if I didn't have to think about women being raped, but that's not reality.
    But you were thinking about a little girl being raped, not a woman. Moreover, you don't have to think about anyone being raped in a thread about LGBTQ lifestyles.
    Weird how a self-proclaimed "realist" utterly ignores the fact that the vast majority of childhood sexual abuse is committed by someone the victim knows. A family member. A family friend. A teacher. A priest. The number of children who are raped by random trans people they ran into by chance in a bathroom? I'm guessing pretty close to zero, given that most kids aren't left alone in public bathrooms, most trans people are not rapists, and even fewer are pedophiles.

But "realists" like Half-wit have imagined a scenario where every public restroom is a hunting ground for men who dress as women waiting for the chance for some irresponsible parent to come along and leave their young child unattended long enough for a rape to happen. That imaginary scenario can only come about via a poor grasp of reality, or a very large dose of bigotry.

Or on this case, both.

8. Top | #238
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Just imagine you have a young daughter. A man (who is obviously a man) says he's a woman and goes into the woman's room. He could easily rape the little girl.

Is that what you are in favor of?
    Is there any perverted cliche you won't resort to using?

But to answer your nonsense... basically you want the world to discriminate against transgender women because you think heterosexual men will put on a dress to rape little girls.

Dude, you have a truly sick, disgusting imagination.
    It's called being a realist and not sheltering your mind from things you don't want to think about. It would be great if I didn't have to think about Radical Islamic Terrorism, but that's not reality.

It would be great if I didn't have to think about women being raped, but that's not reality.
    The threat to your daughter is from friends and family (or perhaps your priest), not strangers in the bathroom.

9. Top | #239
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post

Huh? What makes you think I made such a claim?

Apologies. As you can see above, it appears you were agreeing to something stated.
    I think it's just a case of poor wording--to me he's saying the claim is one of facts rather than opinions and thus should be backed up by evidence.

10. Top | #240
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Sexual preferences are usually presented as inclusive (I am attracted to women), but in fact they are exclusive (I am not attracted to men). This is made obvious if you consider the fact that the vast majority of people do NOT find every member of their 'preferred group' attractive. (I am not attracted to men. But I am also not attracted to cross-eyed women; Women who are underweight; Women over the age of 80; Homophobic women; Women under the age of 35; Women who pick their noses and eat it; Women who slurp their soup; etc. etc.).

The fact is that very few people find every single person of their preferred gender a turn-on.

Sexuality (for non-Bi or Pan individuals) is just the first of many exclusions that cut down humanity into a small subset that you want to have a sexual relationship with. It says what you are NOT; and very little about what you ARE.
    I never thought of it that way before but you're right.