Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ Derail Discussion From "Do Democrats Realize..."

1. Top | #271
    Archived
    Total Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Propaganda.

No mention of the dad telling the son, "Some people believe it's a sin for men to be with men. Jesus said it was a sin in the New Testament. Christians believe what Jesus says. They are not bigots. Murder is a sin, too. Yet, atheists don't call someone a bigot if they are against murder."
    The limbless black knight doesn't know when to stay down. Sad.

2. Top | #272
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Sure! Jesus never spoke against this. But when you really get down to it, whites don't care if whites marry blacks.
    Today, this very day, we celebrate our 32nd anniversary of our interracial marriage and i must say you are SO full of goddamned shit it isn't funny.

If nothing else, the fact all th.ree of our kids were classified as 'black' on their birth certificates is part of that 'white genocide' thing you were all upset about a short time ago, the US population changing so 'your people' become a minority.
    So, no, plenty of white people care, AND have misquoted the bible at me to justify theirobjections.

Stillbwaiting for you to cite Jesus saying gay men cannot love each other? Do you know where, or did someone just tell you it's in there?
    There may be no meaning to this world, but that does not mean that what I do is meaningless.
    -Mark Lawrence

3. Top | #273
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Sure! Jesus never spoke against this. But when you really get down to it, whites don't care if whites marry blacks.
    Today, this very day, we celebrate our 32nd anniversary of our interracial marriage and i must say you are SO full of goddamned shit it isn't funny.

If nothing else, the fact all th.ree of our kids were classified as 'black' on their birth certificates is part of that 'white genocide' thing you were all upset about a short time ago, the US population changing so 'your people' become a minority.
    So, no, plenty of white people care, AND have misquoted the bible at me to justify theirobjections.

Stillbwaiting for you to cite Jesus saying gay men cannot love each other? Do you know where, or did someone just tell you it's in there?
    I was wondering if you were going to weigh in on this, and I appreciate that you do. But it would have been understandable if you ignored this charmers' opinion.

4. Top | #274
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

I was wondering if you were going to weigh in on this, and I appreciate that you do. But it would have been understandable if you ignored this charmers' opinion.
    Wel, he doesn't have an opinion, he has talking points as needed for the moment. And as each one gets pithed, his lack of depth on each topic becomes terribly obvious.

5. Top | #275
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Jesus said that marriage is between a man and a woman. Then there are other verses in Romans that condemn homosexuality.

6. Top | #276
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Jesus said that marriage is between a man and a woman. Then there are other verses in Romans that condemn homosexuality.
    Then please enlighten us as to the specific chapter and verse. Still waiting.

7. Top | #277
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post

I thought atheists claimed to know the Bible better than Christians? Oh well. Discussion for another time.

Matthew 19:3
    He answered, "Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female' [Genesis 1:27], and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh' [Genesis 2:24]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." (Matthew 19:4-6, NRSV translation; Mark 10:6-9 is a parallel text)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose..._New_Testament
    For your further reading

8. Top | #278

I thought atheists claimed to know the Bible better than Christians? Oh well. Discussion for another time.

He answered, "Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female' [Genesis 1:27], and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh' [Genesis 2:24]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." (Matthew 19:4-6, NRSV translation; Mark 10:6-9 is a parallel text)

For your further reading
    Ah, so you are a liar, like your father the devil.

You can read as well as I that Jesus says nothing about homosexuality in that passage.

9. Top | #279
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

For your further reading
    Yeah, that says absolutely nothing about homosexuality.

As to what Paul says, who the fuck cares?

And in either case, I'm going to say it again, the direct word of God implies god prefers an atheist and had no part in the Bible, that it was the work of ignorant men, some wiser, some less wise, but all flawed and all human and all hopelessly wrong about most of everything.

10. Top | #280
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

Jesus said that marriage is between a man and a woman.
    Please cite chapter and verse.

Then there are other verses in Romans that condemn homosexuality.
    Paul was a crazy bastard that said a lot of things. He never met or knew Jesus. Personally, if Paul existed, I think he went hyper-religious after his conversion because of guilt over the things he did when he went by Saul. Or again, he was just a crazy bastard.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.