Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are built to be kind

1. Top | #1
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

We are built to be kind

Don’t misread Darwin: for humans, ‘survival of the fittest’ means being sympathetic

Aggression and tribalism are not the only superpowers in the human behavioral repertoire, and in fact, it is imperative that our aggressive, tribalistic tendencies take a back seat to compassion and cooperation in this new environment we have created.

We are a global tribe of seven billion now, like it or not. Because of technology, we are no longer isolated groups. This is not opinion. It is reality. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or feels about that. This is the environment we are adapting to, and it is an environment that our brains did not evolve in.

But we are nothing if not plastic. Adaptability is our superpower, and our tools of survival are now cooperation and compassion, not tribalism and aggression, which do nothing but cause suffering and war. And there is no one left to be at war with. We're one big tribe now, and there is no getting around that without massive, global atrocity.

The way to achieve peace and well being of a tribe of seven billion lies in our ancient mammal empathy.

Dick waving apes, stand aside. Your drive to compete, fight, conquer, and dominate are obsolete, no longer relevant to the survival and prosperity of our species.

(View video on YouTube)
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

2. Top | #2
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Interesting. And I think there is some movement there in mate-choosing.

Interesting aside - “The Gate to Women’s Country” is a great dystopian novel about the differences between the cooperative imperatives of women and the dick swinging ape mentality. Highly reccomend. We enjoyed it as one of our selections for our mother-and-teen book club.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post

Interesting aside - “The Gate to Women’s Country” is a great dystopian novel about the differences between the cooperative imperatives of women and the dick swinging ape mentality. Highly reccomend. We enjoyed it as one of our selections for our mother-and-teen book club.
    Nice! Your kids are lucky to have you for a mom.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

4. Top | #4
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

So glad to know there are other fans.

5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So why are you so angry all the time then, Floof? Maybe you should try being kind for a change.

6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I doubt it. I see a lot of women choosing to have children with thugs.

Have you read Alice Goffman's "On the run"? Pretty much every gang-banger she followed in the "6th street" neighborhood has at least one baby mama and several children by the age of 22.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    So why are you so angry all the time then, Floof? Maybe you should try being kind for a change.
    Anger is not the opposite of kindness. My anger is justified and my principles and values are kind.
    The Authoritarians

8. Top | #8
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I doubt it. I see a lot of women choosing to have children with thugs.
    Wow, you sure hang out with a lot of thugs, Derec. You should get new friends.
    NONE of the women I know chose to have children with thugs.
    Your thug friends are not the norm, Derec.

Have you read Alice Goffman's "On the run"? Pretty much every gang-banger she followed in the "6th street" neighborhood has at least one baby mama and several children by the age of 22.
    Gang Bangers are not the norm, Derec.
    You need new friends.

9. Top | #9
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I find Floof to be extremely kind.

But not in the willing to take shit way. That's not being kind. That's being a door mat. Floof is not door mat.

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    There was no anger in the OP or in any of her posts in this thread. What prompted your blatant mischaracterization?