Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea Monster Spotted On Pier In South Haven Michigan

1. Top | #11
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Well, they seemed to take it a little more seriously.

Whatever it is, it appears to poke its head out of the water before slinking its way toward the pier. After stopping underneath it for a few seconds, it jumps back into the water quickly. The object appears to have a large tail and Wenzel commented that it appears to have a dorsal fin and a forked tail.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

2. Top | #12
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Well, they seemed to take it a little more seriously.

Whatever it is, it appears to poke its head out of the water before slinking its way toward the pier. After stopping underneath it for a few seconds, it jumps back into the water quickly. The object appears to have a large tail and Wenzel commented that it appears to have a dorsal fin and a forked tail.
    A really serious case of pareidolia.

3. Top | #13
    I don't mind cryptozoologists nearly as much as most other pseudoscientists. They're at least, in general, saying how neat it would be if things like this actually existed. And they're right that a world with extant dinosaurs and yetis would actually be cooler, in a way.

I think they're wrong 99.99% of the time in their explanations, but compared to antivaxxers, to flat earthers, to moon landing and 9/11 and Holocaust deniers, they're much nicer to deal with.

Rob

4. Top | #14
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediancat View Post
    I don't mind cryptozoologists nearly as much as most other pseudoscientists. They're at least, in general, saying how neat it would be if things like this actually existed. And they're right that a world with extant dinosaurs and yetis would actually be cooler, in a way.

I think they're wrong 99.99% of the time in their explanations, but compared to antivaxxers, to flat earthers, to moon landing and 9/11 and Holocaust deniers, they're much nicer to deal with.

Rob
    I agree. In fact I would go a little further. Many cryptozoologists go off the deep end with their acceptance of "sighting" claims but I do think there are critters (even large mammals) that have not yet been cataloged. For instance, in the 1990s new species of deer like animals found in Vietnam were cataloged, the saola and the giant muntjac

5. Top | #15
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediancat View Post

Rob
    Those of us who know what we are doing in the programming field know that crypto is something you leave to the experts!

6. Top | #16
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Headline would have been better if it had "pier 51" in it.
    NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.