Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 330

Thread: Washington Man Accused of Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Detention Center Killed by Police

  1. Top | #91
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,836
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    30,522
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Funny you should mention the ballot box, Captain Ignorant, because, once again, that's the one fight she didn't lose.
    Yes, she did. According to the rules of US presidential elections she lost.
    Running up the score in California gets you nothing. Ignoring Wisconsin and Pennsylvania loses you everything.

  2. Top | #92
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    8,647
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    12,091
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.
    Bullshit. When people throw molotovs at cars randomly or when Antifa attacks random white people or riots in the street, they are not freeing any oppressed people. That's just their propaganda.

  3. Top | #93
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,059
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    2,309
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    I'm just in shock that the leftists aren't condemning this. They have no problem condemning when a Christian does something bad or a right-winger does something bad. But when a leftist does something bad? Not a peep.

    Maybe I shouldn't be in shock and just expect this type of hypocrisy.
    The difference? One is attempting to liberate victims of a concentration camp from racists, oftentimes who are literal (Neo-)Nazis.

    The other is killing people for being gay/brown/women/trans and exercising bodily autonomy.

    One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.
    How was he trying to liberate people inside? He threw a bomb at a jeep outside. How was that supposed to free people?

  4. Top | #94
    Sapere aude Politesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chochenyo Territory, US
    Posts
    2,120
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    I'm just in shock that the leftists aren't condemning this. They have no problem condemning when a Christian does something bad or a right-winger does something bad. But when a leftist does something bad? Not a peep.

    Maybe I shouldn't be in shock and just expect this type of hypocrisy.
    The difference? One is attempting to liberate victims of a concentration camp from racists, oftentimes who are literal (Neo-)Nazis.

    The other is killing people for being gay/brown/women/trans and exercising bodily autonomy.

    One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.
    How was he trying to liberate people inside? He threw a bomb at a jeep outside. How was that supposed to free people?
    Oh, now you start asking logical questions about the incident.

    Well, I'll follow it up: How was it supposed to, as you claim, kill anyone?

  5. Top | #95
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    10,524
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    11,231
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.
    Bullshit. When people throw molotovs at cars randomly or when Antifa attacks random white people or riots in the street, they are not freeing any oppressed people. That's just their propaganda.
    Yeah! Just like when neo-nazis murder people with cars! That guy fucking KILLED a goddam jeep!

  6. Top | #96
    Veteran Member Arctish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    4,164
    Archived
    4,540
    Total Posts
    8,704
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    The difference? One is attempting to liberate victims of a concentration camp from racists, oftentimes who are literal (Neo-)Nazis.

    Wrong. He was trying to release illegal aliens detained by ICE in detention centers.
    Are you deliberately conflating illegal aliens with asylum seekers as a rhetorical device, or are you unable to grasp the difference between them?

    This is an extremely important point, so please answer the question. Because illegal aliens have been found to have committed a crime, whereas asylum seekers are following the law. Your constant accusation that asylum seekers are criminals is either profoundly ignorant or just a bullshit excuse to justify their imprisonment.

  7. Top | #97
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    10,524
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    11,231
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Are you deliberately conflating illegal aliens with asylum seekers as a rhetorical device, or are you unable to grasp the difference between them?
    I'm sure Derec will be pleased to clear this up.

    Your constant accusation that asylum seekers are criminals is either profoundly ignorant or just a bullshit excuse to justify their imprisonment.
    QFT

  8. Top | #98
    Contributor ruby sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,505
    Rep Power
    13
    I read that the guy was attacking the buses, that were going to be used in ICE 'round ups'.

    Even that can't be justified, imo.

    Plus, people could have been killed or injured, regardless of whether that was his intention. Especially if, as reported, he was trying to ignite a large gas cylinder. And carrying a rifle? Guy was crazy and dangerous (and possibly suicidal, if reports of him leaving a 'goodbye' note are correct). I'm not even confident he wouldn't have been shot by armed police here in generally much less gun-toting UK.

  9. Top | #99
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    2,579
    Archived
    2,911
    Total Posts
    5,490
    Rep Power
    38
    I never said he wasn't a fucking idiot. In fact I'm pretty clear in my other posts in the thread that he was. His tactics were awful.

  10. Top | #100
    The Doctor's Wife RavenSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    10,702
    Archived
    11,804
    Total Posts
    22,506
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    The difference? One is attempting to liberate victims of a concentration camp from racists, oftentimes who are literal (Neo-)Nazis.

    Wrong. He was trying to release illegal aliens detained by ICE in detention centers.
    Are you deliberately conflating illegal aliens with asylum seekers as a rhetorical device, or are you unable to grasp the difference between them?
    yes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •