Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Man Accused of Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Detention Center Killed by Police

1. Top | #91
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Funny you should mention the ballot box, Captain Ignorant, because, once again, that's the one fight she didn't lose.
    Yes, she did. According to the rules of US presidential elections she lost.
    Running up the score in California gets you nothing. Ignoring Wisconsin and Pennsylvania loses you everything.

2. Top | #92
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.
    Bullshit. When people throw molotovs at cars randomly or when Antifa attacks random white people or riots in the street, they are not freeing any oppressed people. That's just their propaganda.

3. Top | #93
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    I'm just in shock that the leftists aren't condemning this. They have no problem condemning when a Christian does something bad or a right-winger does something bad. But when a leftist does something bad? Not a peep.

Maybe I shouldn't be in shock and just expect this type of hypocrisy.
    The difference? One is attempting to liberate victims of a concentration camp from racists, oftentimes who are literal (Neo-)Nazis.

The other is killing people for being gay/brown/women/trans and exercising bodily autonomy.

One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.
    How was he trying to liberate people inside? He threw a bomb at a jeep outside. How was that supposed to free people?

4. Top | #94
    I'm just in shock that the leftists aren't condemning this. They have no problem condemning when a Christian does something bad or a right-winger does something bad. But when a leftist does something bad? Not a peep.

Maybe I shouldn't be in shock and just expect this type of hypocrisy.
    The difference? One is attempting to liberate victims of a concentration camp from racists, oftentimes who are literal (Neo-)Nazis.

The other is killing people for being gay/brown/women/trans and exercising bodily autonomy.

How was he trying to liberate people inside? He threw a bomb at a jeep outside. How was that supposed to free people?
    Oh, now you start asking logical questions about the incident.

Well, I'll follow it up: How was it supposed to, as you claim, kill anyone?

5. Top | #95
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Bullshit. When people throw molotovs at cars randomly or when Antifa attacks random white people or riots in the street, they are not freeing any oppressed people. That's just their propaganda.
    Yeah! Just like when neo-nazis murder people with cars! That guy fucking KILLED a goddam jeep!

6. Top | #96
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

Wrong. He was trying to release illegal aliens detained by ICE in detention centers.
    Are you deliberately conflating illegal aliens with asylum seekers as a rhetorical device, or are you unable to grasp the difference between them?

This is an extremely important point, so please answer the question. Because illegal aliens have been found to have committed a crime, whereas asylum seekers are following the law. Your constant accusation that asylum seekers are criminals is either profoundly ignorant or just a bullshit excuse to justify their imprisonment.

7. Top | #97
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Are you deliberately conflating illegal aliens with asylum seekers as a rhetorical device, or are you unable to grasp the difference between them?
    I'm sure Derec will be pleased to clear this up.

Your constant accusation that asylum seekers are criminals is either profoundly ignorant or just a bullshit excuse to justify their imprisonment.
    QFT

8. Top | #98
    I read that the guy was attacking the buses, that were going to be used in ICE 'round ups'.

Even that can't be justified, imo.

Plus, people could have been killed or injured, regardless of whether that was his intention. Especially if, as reported, he was trying to ignite a large gas cylinder. And carrying a rifle? Guy was crazy and dangerous (and possibly suicidal, if reports of him leaving a 'goodbye' note are correct). I'm not even confident he wouldn't have been shot by armed police here in generally much less gun-toting UK.

9. Top | #99
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I never said he wasn't a fucking idiot. In fact I'm pretty clear in my other posts in the thread that he was. His tactics were awful.

10. Top | #100
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

Wrong. He was trying to release illegal aliens detained by ICE in detention centers.
    yes