Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Comfort on the stupidity of atheism/atheists

1. Top | #51
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheos View Post
    If it weren't for god's power how do you think a swallow could carry a coconut hundreds of miles during migration? Hmmmm?
    Actually, that is a good question. How did they evolve the ability to do that? Did the earliest birds only carry the coconut a few miles and it gradually increased over time? Seems unlikely they woud have the ability to carry it hundreds of miles in the first generation.

It's like how evolutionists can't answer, "How did pregnancy evolve?" Pregnancy is either all or nothing. You can't have a 3 month pregnancy, then the next stage a 4 month pregnancy. It's all or nothing. Seems very unlikely pregnancy evolved gradually step by step.

2. Top | #52
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    If it weren't for god's power how do you think a swallow could carry a coconut hundreds of miles during migration? Hmmmm?
    Actually, that is a good question. How did they evolve the ability to do that? Did the earliest birds only carry the coconut a few miles and it gradually increased over time? Seems unlikely they woud have the ability to carry it hundreds of miles in the first generation.

It's like how evolutionists can't answer, "How did pregnancy evolve?" Pregnancy is either all or nothing. You can't have a 3 month pregnancy, then the next stage a 4 month pregnancy. It's all or nothing. Seems very unlikely pregnancy evolved gradually step by step.
    This would be hilarious satire coming from anyone else. But I have a dread feeling that you are completely serious, and genuinely believe that these are good points in favour of your religious belief.

3. Top | #53
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post

This would be hilarious satire coming from anyone else. But I have a dread feeling that you are completely serious, and genuinely believe that these are good points in favour of your religious belief.
    Took you more time to write that response than it would have to just answer the question.

4. Top | #54
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Dunning K...

5. Top | #55
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts

Took you more time to write that response than it would have to just answer the question.
    Not even close.

Given the vast gulf of ignorance that would be required for you to seriously pose that question, an attempt to respond in terms you can hope to grasp could easily take several years - 'O' level biology is a three year course, based on a nine year primary science education, and you have clearly missed most of that. If I am bored enough later I might try to dumb it down to a level you might be able to comprehend. More as an exercise for myself and for anyone genuinely interested who might be lurking than for you - I strongly suspect that you already "know" that any answer I give is wrong, and that you will not learn a thing, because you are determined to avoid doing so.

6. Top | #56
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Well if a 5 oz bird can carry a one pound coconut over such vast distances, I have confidence that half-life can come to terms with how pregnancy evolved. The key here is understanding the role the Stork once played in human reproduction.

7. Top | #57
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Well if a 5 oz bird can carry a one pound coconut over such vast distances, I have confidence that half-life can come to terms with how pregnancy evolved. The key here is understanding the role the Stork once played in human reproduction.
    Okay, fuck you.
    I am starting my morning with the image of a stork carrying a baby...with teeny tiny pink baby hands clapping two coconut halves together as the wings flap.
    If this image is still in my headspace thru the day, curses be upon you.

8. Top | #58
    Archived
    Total Posts

It's like how evolutionists can't answer,
    Yes. Yes, coconut migration is exactly like how evolutionists cannot answer a question you have not actually asked them, but crow about your victory.

9. Top | #59
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I really don't understand how Halfie isn't getting the joke about Coconuts and Swallows... Does he seriously not know where that's from?

I mean he could just Google "Coconut Swallow" and get his answer about how swallows "evolved" to "carrry coconuts", the answer being something about not being able to get a horse on set, but LOL the irony.

10. Top | #60
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    For instance, scienceblogs.com, then search for 'science of monty python'. Or just read chapters 1-2 of Genesis. Like Bush 43 said, 'Let's teach the controversy!'