Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The effects of warming: Kilodeaths

1. Top | #121
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokodo View Post
    Quote me saying that our shut the fuck up!
    Wow, a full blown dummy spit, nice.

I was referring to your apparent attitude of 'oh, look, the world grows more than enough food to feed the population of the world'' as I've already mentioned.
    That's not an attitude, that is a fact. At the moment. An argument can be made that this might not always be so, but if you (or your sources) want to make that argument, is it asking too much to do so without pretending we live in an alternate reality where that fact doesn't hold?

In other words the impression I get from your objection to what I am saying being, to paraphrase: ''she'll be right, plenty of food, no crisis, no need to worry''
    Oh, there is reason to worry. That doesn't make insincere attempts to drive home the potential problems of the future by pretending we have a problem now already anything but - insincere.

2. Top | #122
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post

Seems humans, probably other species as well, have some little genetic surprises in store for us that might indicate we've played this tune before and have found a way out. One can only hope. Dropping birthrates may save us from over consumption but will it save us from losing technology as well. What's happening in Europe and Japan don't bode well for the latter
    You gotta help me there, I've been living in Europe for over a third of a century and I don't know what it is that "don't bode well" for a future in which we maintain and expand our technology in the face of dropping birthrates. As far as I can tell, Japan and most of Europe have better trains and faster internet connections than you guys. More solidly built houses and cars too, though often smaller ones...
    Last edited by Jokodo; Today at 01:22 PM.