Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 131

Thread: Elizabeth Warren claims Michael Brown was "murdered"

  1. Top | #101
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,996
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    26,737
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Why are right-wingers so literal? Obviously, you could have just said her parents knew she was part NA, if it was literal. Lol
    I am neither a "right winger" nor am I being literal. If she is using "American Indian" as her race on her registration card on her bar application, plenty of people would have seen it. Also, it is unlikely that she listed her race as "American Indian" as her race for the TX bar, but did not self-identify as Indian anywhere else.

    Tribal law of East Cherokees allows 1/16th to get tribal membership.
    Sweet. Now I just need a bogus story about a great-greatgrandmother (=1/16) having high cheek bones and I too can enjoy that sweet, sweet Harrah's money.
    Nice try, but they're not stupid.

  2. Top | #102
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,474
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    32,160
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Nice try, but they're not stupid.
    They are certainly very protective of the casino pot and don't want to get it diluted.

  3. Top | #103
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,996
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    26,737
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Nice try, but they're not stupid.
    They are certainly very protective of the casino pot and don't want to get it diluted.
    Yeah, that's what happens with the ownership class. Your point?

  4. Top | #104
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    12,014
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    I have zero racist attitudes, open or otherwise.
    And Donald Trump is the least racist person you've ever laid eyes on. Just ask him.

  5. Top | #105
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,853
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,796
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    No, your "awareness" is not a substantiation of what actually happened. You are conflating correlation with causation without any actual evidence in this case that there is causation.
    I have provided evidence for EW using "American Indian" as her race professionally. I have also provided evidence that Harvard sought to hire a "woman of color" and that EW was listed as such by them. What more do you need? It may not prove it (and "proof is just for math and liquor) there is more than enough evidence to draw an inference, which is enough in the real world.
    Anyone can say there is enough evidence to draw an inference. You confuse correlation with causation. You dismiss the evidence of the people who made the decisions that they did not even know she was native american.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    It is incredibly naive to think that Harvard would not have been aware of EW self-identifying as "American Indian". However, it seems you will reject any connection unless Harvard comes out and admits that they hired EW in part because she was considered a "woman of color".
    It is incredibly ignorant to think that the decision makers necessarily knew anything about the applicant's ethnicity or race. It is really naive or ignorant to think that there is some monolithic decision-maker called "Harvard". It appears you will draw on any fallacy or illogic to buttress your promote your bigoted beliefs.

  6. Top | #106
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,853
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,796
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post

    Derec provided this on page 7 in response to you, which, in my opinion, supports his position (if authentic)
    No, Derec is conflating correlation with causation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    It seems dishonest to reject that a statement from an (allegedly) authoritative source about how an institution of that type gains extra benefit from having a "woman of color" on the team. It's also hard to accept the idea that the institution blatantly disregarded such a benefit in their hiring process, to the detriment of their own potential gains.
    Sorry, but when one claims that X was hired because of Y, one needs to produce actual evidence that Y was the reason that X was hired, not that it makes some sense that X was hired because of Y. Especially when there is a report that the decision-makers (of which there were many) say that they did even know about Y.

  7. Top | #107
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NOT laying back and thinking of England
    Posts
    9,333
    Archived
    3,655
    Total Posts
    12,988
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    No one knew, because it sure isn't obvious by looking at her or by her name, that she had made any claims to NA ancestry or that it was her family legend.
    It's BS to say that nobody knew since she listed "American Indian" as her race on her Texas bar card.
    And we KNOW that is her bar card??? How do we KNOW that? Because the internets say so????? So what if it is? Do you think that faculty at Harvard saw her bar card?

    Derec, you have zero idea how one is approached to hold a named chair or named professorship at an elite university. She didn't APPLY. She was recruited. Based on her education, expertise and accomplishments.

    This is NOT the same thing as a department having a vacancy and putting out adverts. It's really not at all the same thing.

  8. Top | #108
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,474
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    32,160
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    And we KNOW that is her bar card??? How do we KNOW that? Because the internets say so????? So what if it is? Do you think that faculty at Harvard saw her bar card?
    If you want, you may fly to Texas and try to look for the physical card. Barring that, all we have are Internet sources.

    FWIW, even the decidedly left-of-center Snopes says it's real.
    Did Sen. Elizabeth Warren Describe Her Race as ‘American Indian’ on Her 1986 Texas Bar Card?

    As far as Harvard, I would find it incredible they would not have done research on somebody they planned to hire as a professor.

    Derec, you have zero idea how one is approached to hold a named chair or named professorship at an elite university. She didn't APPLY. She was recruited. Based on her education, expertise and accomplishments.
    Even MORE reason, not less, to think Harvard would have thoroughly researched her and thus would have known she self-identified as "American Indian".

    This is NOT the same thing as a department having a vacancy and putting out adverts. It's really not at all the same thing.
    Again, that makes my point even stronger.

  9. Top | #109
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,474
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    32,160
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    No, Derec is conflating correlation with causation.
    No, I am not. You are conflating absolute proof, which is only useful for pure math and contrived logic puzzles, and making inferences in the real world, which are by necessity made with incomplete information.
    I have provided more than enough evidence to make the inference that Harvard hired EW in part because of her self-identification as American Indian.

    To get back to her libelous claim that Michael Brown was "murdered".

    A cynical Elizabeth Warren asks that everyone stop focusing on her lie that Michael Brown was ‘murdered’

  10. Top | #110
    Sapere aude Politesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chochenyo Territory, US
    Posts
    3,035
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

    If you want, you may fly to Texas and try to look for the physical card. Barring that, all we have are Internet sources.

    FWIW, even the decidedly left-of-center Snopes says it's real.
    Did Sen. Elizabeth Warren Describe Her Race as ‘American Indian’ on Her 1986 Texas Bar Card?

    As far as Harvard, I would find it incredible they would not have done research on somebody they planned to hire as a professor.


    Even MORE reason, not less, to think Harvard would have thoroughly researched her and thus would have known she self-identified as "American Indian".

    This is NOT the same thing as a department having a vacancy and putting out adverts. It's really not at all the same thing.
    Again, that makes my point even stronger.
    Why would that help her case in any way? Harvard doesn't hire Native American women.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •