Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Polls And Surveys - Trump Will Lose In 2020

1. Top | #51
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    You are forgetting just how good Dems are at snatching defeat out of jaws of victory. [Patooka beat me to it, damn!]
    Also, Alternet is not a good source.
    And you are forgetting how totally bad Republicans are at actually governing.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

2. Top | #52
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    They're still paying normal income tax on those gains.
    Isn't it capital gains tax rather than normal income tax?

I'm in favor of repealing His Flatulence's whole tax measure but I'm not in favor of trying to find as many things to tax as possible. There should only be a few taxes.
    Agreed.

3. Top | #53
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Doesn't matter. Dems often find a way to lose anyway. Don't you remember 2004?

4. Top | #54
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yes, I do remember. That was the election where Republicans paid veterans to lie about a Vietnam war hero.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

5. Top | #55
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yes, I do remember. That was the election where Republicans paid veterans to lie about a Vietnam war hero.
    It's not like they can't/won't do something similar again. Trump is the nation's saving grace. Since day one I've been saying he's God's gift to Democrats. An entire armada of Republican swiftboats may not be enough to enable them to retain the Senate or the Whitehouse as long as Trump is the fat orange lying face of the party.

6. Top | #56
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Considering how the candidates are attacking each other, I am very concerned that we may be looking at a second term for Trump. Maybe it's my age. Maybe it's due to the heartbreaking experience of voting for George McGovern in 1972, then watching him lose in a landslide to Nixon that makes me feel this way. None of the current candidates are very appealing to me. None of them have the type of charisma that is usually required for an American presidential candidate to be able to defeat an incumbent. I hope I am wrong, but if we nominate someone perceived as too far left, that could make it very difficult to win any of the states that are needed to beat Trump. If we do end up with a second term for Trump and the Democrats take back the Senate and keep the House, I feel confident that impeachment will be in order. Deja vu! This is taking me back to the 70s. But, Trump is far more corrupt and harmful than Nixon ever was.

7. Top | #57
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Everyone was saying Trump had no chance in 2016. Don't be overconfident. Overconfidence is one of the big reasons Hillary lost. Plenty of potential voters thought she would for sure win so didn't bother to show up and vote for her. Repeating this effect is one of the few ways Trump will win again.

8. Top | #58
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but if we nominate someone perceived as too far left, that could make it very difficult to win any of the states that are needed to beat Trump.
    Yang does better than the others in the primary in getting votes from across party lines. Probably because he spun the freedom dividend as a dividend everybody gets and not merely as welfare. Democracy dollars that he supports also has cross party appeal.

9. Top | #59
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Everyone was saying Trump had no chance in 2016. Don't be overconfident. Overconfidence is one of the big reasons Hillary lost. Plenty of potential voters thought she would for sure win so didn't bother to show up and vote for her. Repeating this effect is one of the few ways Trump will win again.
    Yep. Totally agree with you and Southernhybrid. Republicans win election after election despite being fewer in number because they are so united and willing to rally behind their guy to achieve their goals.

10. Top | #60
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but if we nominate someone perceived as too far left, that could make it very difficult to win any of the states that are needed to beat Trump.
    Yang does better than the others in the primary in getting votes from across party lines. Probably because he spun the freedom dividend as a dividend everybody gets and not merely as welfare. Democracy dollars that he supports also has cross party appeal.
    What a bullshit statement. I don't recall any Democrats calling for a program called Medicare for All Democrats or Public College for All Democrats. You see the Dems divide and conquer statements because of your own bias.