Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Women's Clothes and Pockets

1. Top | #41
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Sometimes. Depends on if a man has a good butt or not.

And yes, rumors are true: some women have a thing for firemen and I suspect, police officers, plumbers, handymen, and so on. I assume you know some women have a thing for musicians, especially rock musicians.

But for relationships, most women prefer men who are stable, kind, intelligent, caring, affectionate. Funny is a particular thing for me. Being a good cook and/or handy around the house is huge. Employed is pretty much required unless he's a stay at home dad and they've both agreed he would be a stay at home dad.
    What I have been saying. Women are sexually attracted to a certain kind of man, but then settle for another, more stable man they are not sexually attracted to to marry. That is a recipe for infidelity and divorce, especially now that there is no societal stigma associated with women cheating and divorce can give the woman half the man's assets plus alimony and child support. She can have her cake and eat it too by marrying the stable provider guy, divorcing him and shacking up with the hot guy she is actually attracted to while being financially supported by her ex.
    Different women are attracted to different types of men. A coworker or maybe a couple have a thing for firemen. It’s never been my thing. I’d pick Jimmy Stewart over John Wayne anytime. Robin Williams over The Rock. Clooney is very handsome and charming and seems smart, too but I’d be more likely to want to hang out with Tom Hanks.

We all know different people. Among my family and my friends, the men tend to be the ones who end up with more money while the women make do with jobs that allow them to care for the kids, at the cost of their own careers.

2. Top | #42
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    You speak for all women?

When women are hanging out do they talk about pockets? Enquiringly minds want to know.
    Yes, we do. It is a major topic. Serious.
    Now I suppose you are going to tell me when women are together they sexual objective men's butts?
    Honestly, we’re really just jonesing after their pockets, to tell you the secret truth.

Take this picture of David Beckham’s watch. We joke that it’s a look at his watch, but what we’re REALLY seeing is that he has 3 visible pockets just in this snapshot!

Last edited by Rhea; 10-15-2019 at 10:55 PM.

3. Top | #43
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts

And yes, rumors are true: some women have a thing for firemen and I suspect, police officers, plumbers, handymen, and so on. I assume you know some women have a thing for musicians, especially rock musicians.

But for relationships, most women prefer men who are stable, kind, intelligent, caring, affectionate. Funny is a particular thing for me. Being a good cook and/or handy around the house is huge. Employed is pretty much required unless he's a stay at home dad and they've both agreed he would be a stay at home dad.
    What I have been saying. Women are sexually attracted to a certain kind of man, but then settle for another, more stable man they are not sexually attracted to to marry.
    Nope. Not what she said. She said SOME women are attracted to certain trades/uniforms. Then she said that for relationships some women really value employment.

Pssst. Those are the same thing!

For me, I did not care about employment, because I was (am) employed.

Nowhere did she say that women seeking something in a relationship are “settling.” That is your personal hobby horse where you seem to claim without any evidence at all that most divorces are instigated by a philandering woman grabbing the rube’s money to spend it on a hot stud.

What’s especially stupid about that claim is the knowledge (studies showing) that women are most attractive to men when the women are in their 20s. And that men are most attractive to women at whatever is the same age as the woman. Meaning a divorcee woman will have a much harder time landing a stud, or any second partner, than a man will.

So that’s all just wrong. And you’e been shown before and you still keep parroting that whiney tripe about how “all women” are gold-digging cheaters.

Even though you hear, again and again and a-freakin-GAIN for ALL of the women on this board and most of the men who are in relationships with women, that your model is completely wrong.

No worries, we will hear this again from you next week, and the week after.
    Demonstrating that when women DO talk to you, you ignore them and contradict their life stories with your fabrications.
    Women are not impressed by that. Not even the hot ones who like bad boys who are the only ones you go after.

4. Top | #44
    I reckon as many men will date or marry different types of partner.

It’s as typical (in other words it’s only sometimes true) that men will date a hot woman with a high sex drive but marry someone they consider more ‘stable’ more ‘dependable’.

5. Top | #45
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

What I have been saying. Women are sexually attracted to a certain kind of man, but then settle for another, more stable man they are not sexually attracted to to marry.
    Nope. Not what she said. She said SOME women are attracted to certain trades/uniforms. Then she said that for relationships some women really value employment.

Nowhere did she say that women seeking something in a relationship are “settling.” That is your personal hobby horse where you seem to claim without any evidence at all that most divorces are instigated by a philandering woman grabbing the rube’s money to spend it on a hot stud.

What’s especially stupid about that claim is the knowledge (studies showing) that women are most attractive to men when the women are in their 20s. And that men are most attractive to women at whatever is the same age as the woman. Meaning a divorcee woman will have a much harder time landing a stud, or any second partner, than a man will.

So that’s all just wrong. And you’e been shown before and you still keep parroting that whiney tripe about how “all women” are gold-digging cheaters.

Even though you hear, again and again and a-freakin-GAIN for ALL of the women on this board and most of the men who are in relationships with women, that your model is completely wrong.

Demonstrating that when women DO talk to you, you ignore them and contradict their life stories with your fabrications.
    Women are not impressed by that. Not even the hot ones who like bad boys who are the only ones you go after.
    Here's what I said:

Please note that I listed stability, kindness, intelligence and caring and affectionate as the first things to consider. THEN I listed funny (me personally) and being a good cook and/or handy around the house as huge. Yes, I did list employment basically because we're not talking about high school or college kids but that was the last thing I listed. Note: I didn't say fancy ass job making big bucks. Economic stability is really helpful in long term relationships. It really removes or lessens a lot of stress that comes from not knowing if you can make ends meet. This is especially true after the early 20's and if she's looking to settle down and have a home and maybe a family.

I forgot: Mandatory for me: must like (and back in the day: want) kids (plural) and must like dogs and want dogs as well.

I won't lie. There are times I wish I had included things like good at home repairs on that list but I didn't. That's something you can hire. Can't hire someone to be a good husband or father.

6. Top | #46
    Veteran Member
    Apparently, you can get a good deal on a scooter if you carry a purse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUXc65W8oBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDRFwkNF2w8

And the best one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqg4XkO42Wo

7. Top | #47
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Here's what I said:

Please note that I listed stability, kindness, intelligence and caring and affectionate as the first things to consider. THEN I listed funny (me personally) and being a good cook and/or handy around the house as huge. Yes, I did list employment basically because we're not talking about high school or college kids but that was the last thing I listed. Note: I didn't say fancy ass job making big bucks. Economic stability is really helpful in long term relationships. It really removes or lessens a lot of stress that comes from not knowing if you can make ends meet. This is especially true after the early 20's and if she's looking to settle down and have a home and maybe a family.

I forgot: Mandatory for me: must like (and back in the day: want) kids (plural) and must like dogs and want dogs as well.

I won't lie. There are times I wish I had included things like good at home repairs on that list but I didn't. That's something you can hire. Can't hire someone to be a good husband or father.
    Those things pretty much describe my husband. I wasn't physically attracted to him when we met, but I couldn't resist his personality. He was very funny, generous and respectfull when we met. So, I wanted to get to know him better. After dating about a month or two, I feel madly in love with him. I also wanted/needed a man who was an excellent, caring lover, unlike my first husband. He is all that, and after being together for 40 years, the sex is still hot. My husband was skinny and nerdy when we met, not attractive to me. Now, I think he's the sexiest guy around.

Where in the world do men like Derec or Half get the idea that women want the sexiest looking man in the room! I suppose some do, but they are in the minority. For one thing, we all have different tastes when it comes to physical attractiveness. Being eye candy is one thing, being a man that you want to spend your life with, is an entirely different thing.

8. Top | #48
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

9. Top | #49
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So, a study that included 108 women watching video tapes of psychopathic men is something you take as valid? I have known some nurses who seem to be attracted to men who are disabled, or have some personal issues that the women think they can fix. But, these nurses were not in the majority. It seems that some women in the helping professions seem to think they can fix everybody, so that's may be the problem. And, of course there are some women who simply want to marry a wealthy powerful man. I. have never met one, but I'm sure they exist.

I've worked with hundreds of nurses over the years. Some were single and not looking for a man. Some were happily married. Some were in unhappy marriages. Point is that you can't stereotype any large group of people. You can't make up assumptions about what women want in a relationship because we are all unique individuals, but most of us straight women want a partner who is caring, considerate, and healthy. I'm not saying that after decades of marriage, we would abandon an unhealthy partner. I'm just saying that when you're young, you tend to want a partner who is healthy.

One of my nursing friends is very obese, has many health problems as well as financial problems, recently met a man who is about 4 years older than her. He also has many health problems, but is more financially stable than her. In two months time, they have fallen madly in love. They both love rural life and I assume that he's a conservative Christian since she is. She is 68 and he is 72. I doubt that either of them care about physical appearance, but it does seem like it's never to late to fall in love if your expectations are realistic and you can find someone who is upbeat and shares your values and beliefs.

I don't know if she wears clothing with pockets. . Wasn't that what this thread was about originally?

10. Top | #50
    Veteran Member
    Funny thing: Yesterday, for halloween, I wore my renfair/medieval garb to work.

It's really REALLY annoying not having pockets.

That is all.