Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Who's excited about the start of football season??!!

  1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,395
    Rep Power
    23

    Who's excited about the start of football season??!!

    Yahoo. I love the Oregon Ducks! Very excited. We plan to travel to Texas to watch their opening game vs Auburn. College football is number one for me. But also love the NFL (49ers). Who do you like and follow?

  2. Top | #2
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    9,114
    Archived
    9,514
    Total Posts
    18,628
    Rep Power
    45
    If you mean hockey season then yes, but this year I might make more of an effort to watch the NFL too, finally. The past few seasons I watched a few playoff games outside of the Superbowl, and really enjoyed the sport without the hype of the 'big game'.

    So what should I be watching out for? New England winning it all again?

  3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,784
    Archived
    1,927
    Total Posts
    4,711
    Rep Power
    65
    Ravens fan here. The transition to Lamar Jackson is complete, and he now looks like an NFL QB instead of just a runner. But he’s still a video game cheat code when he takes off.

    I’ve stopped watching the Super Bowl if New England is in it. I don’t intend to change that. The Chiefs have a good chance to make it, if they can improve their defense. And the Browns, of all teams, are being mentioned. But there are some massive egos there, and a head coach promoted way past his experience level.

  4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,395
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    If you mean hockey season then yes, but this year I might make more of an effort to watch the NFL too, finally. The past few seasons I watched a few playoff games outside of the Superbowl, and really enjoyed the sport without the hype of the 'big game'.

    So what should I be watching out for? New England winning it all again?
    I'm more of a college football guy. Oregon Ducks, Nike University, is my team. We're going to go on the road in a couple weeks to watch the Ducks play Auburn. Love the ducks. Yes, New England looks very good in the NFL...

  5. Top | #5
    Member Tharmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    472
    Archived
    184
    Total Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    If you mean hockey season then yes, but this year I might make more of an effort to watch the NFL too, finally. The past few seasons I watched a few playoff games outside of the Superbowl, and really enjoyed the sport without the hype of the 'big game'.

    So what should I be watching out for? New England winning it all again?
    I'm more of a college football guy. Oregon Ducks, Nike University, is my team. We're going to go on the road in a couple weeks to watch the Ducks play Auburn. Love the ducks. Yes, New England looks very good in the NFL...
    Prepare for Texas to still be really hot when you get here.

  6. Top | #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    342
    Archived
    604
    Total Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    54
    Arizona Cardinals fan here, and no I'm not excited. Already can't wait for the season to be over in the NFL. I enjoy college football even though I have no favorites.

  7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, Florida
    Posts
    1,023
    Archived
    1,496
    Total Posts
    2,519
    Rep Power
    52
    Yeah, love the NFL. That whole playoff teams are determined objectively thing helps a lot. Now if only the Football BS division did the same.

  8. Top | #8
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,239
    Archived
    14,025
    Total Posts
    19,264
    Rep Power
    60
    I root for two teams—Clemson and whoever plays against FSU. When they play, I’ll usually watch or at least catch a glimpse or two or three.

  9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,395
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by fast View Post
    I root for two teams—Clemson and whoever plays against FSU. When they play, I’ll usually watch or at least catch a glimpse or two or three.
    Clemson is awesome. The king of CB today. Does Willie Taggert still coach FSU? He bugged me. His main quote was "do something". What the heck does that mean? Do what? If I play video games all day in my PJs; am I not doing something??! He's an incredible recruiter. But a cheap suit IMO. I think that Oregon got lucky when he ditched us for FSU.

  10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    23,207
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    65,680
    Rep Power
    99
    Patriot's fan checking in. I remember the glory of their first Super Bowl, a rousing upset over the superior St. Louis Rams. The first three Super Bowl victories would come at a time when there were "better" teams in the AFC. Yet, the Dynasty Patriots managed to beat them, repeatedly when it mattered (though the Colts would often dismiss themselves against lower opponents). It'd be in '07 when the Patriots would no longer be considered the upstarts.

    Now days, the rest of the nation typically watches in bemused disappointment. The comeback in Super Bowl LI had a substantial schadenfreude to it, as not only did the Pats manage a, at least not on paper, ridiculous comeback, but the joy of the Patriot haters and the utter disappointment and rage they felt when the game went to OT and then the Pats just marched down the field to win it all, was glorious.

    This season, against with Brady at the helm, has me as a 'it'll be whatever it is' mindset. They win, it'd be great, but really, the Patriots record in the Super Bowl alone in this run is what a HOF QB could have as a record in the playoffs. So, I'm hardly hurting for another title. But be wary, Josh Gordon might just stay sober long enough this year.

    Kansas City looks real good and looks to be the Patriot's main rival. The NFC appears to have a few good teams as well. 49'ers and to a smaller extent, the Browns, are the biggest question marks this season. Honestly, the Browns have an absurd set of games between Weeks 3 and 9 (including the Patriots and Rams), and I just don't see how they can survive it, even if the team is legit despite their inexperienced coaching staff and lack of depth on the squad that the press seems to be overlooking.

    Regarding the public tax fraud scam that is college football... fuck it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •