Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's excited about the start of football season??!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member

Who's excited about the start of football season??!!

Yahoo. I love the Oregon Ducks! Very excited. We plan to travel to Texas to watch their opening game vs Auburn. College football is number one for me. But also love the NFL (49ers). Who do you like and follow?

2. Top | #2
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If you mean hockey season then yes, but this year I might make more of an effort to watch the NFL too, finally. The past few seasons I watched a few playoff games outside of the Superbowl, and really enjoyed the sport without the hype of the 'big game'.

So what should I be watching out for? New England winning it all again?

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    If you mean hockey season then yes, but this year I might make more of an effort to watch the NFL too, finally. The past few seasons I watched a few playoff games outside of the Superbowl, and really enjoyed the sport without the hype of the 'big game'.

I'm more of a college football guy. Oregon Ducks, Nike University, is my team. We're going to go on the road in a couple weeks to watch the Ducks play Auburn. Love the ducks. Yes, New England looks very good in the NFL...

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post

I'm more of a college football guy. Oregon Ducks, Nike University, is my team. We're going to go on the road in a couple weeks to watch the Ducks play Auburn. Love the ducks. Yes, New England looks very good in the NFL...
    Prepare for Texas to still be really hot when you get here.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Arizona Cardinals fan here, and no I'm not excited. Already can't wait for the season to be over in the NFL. I enjoy college football even though I have no favorites.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yeah, love the NFL. That whole playoff teams are determined objectively thing helps a lot. Now if only the Football BS division did the same.

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    A contact sport ... baseball does not cut it. Given all the political nonsense, I am relieved at the start of the season.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts

Sorry for your agonizing loss. If it's any consolation, your weekend in North Texas was a good deal cooler than average.

9. Top | #9
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I finally got a subscription to NFL Game Pass this year. Is there any site in particular people like for analysis?

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharmas View Post

Sorry for your agonizing loss. If it's any consolation, your weekend in North Texas was a good deal cooler than average.
    Yea, that was a tough loss. But congratulations to Auburn. They played great. Nothing but respect for how they played. The Texans were very nice to everyone. We were treated well. Had a good time in the city. Was very nice. And yes, weather was nice.