Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My own Kent Hovind video

1. Top | #11
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I watched it. The script is good as far as laying out your arguments, even if Hovind would never agree. Doubt there will ever be one neat trick that will DESTROY him. There were some production issues, as Atheos described. Were the people in the reflection intentional? The performance was good by itself, but if you have the skills, more visual aids would help to keep the viewer engaged, could be just some text highlighting your key points, or graphical representations of the content. Just don't overdo the graphics and cuts like a lot of videos do. If you want more views, you should probably put Hovind in the title, like "Response to Kent Hovind's challenge." You do have his name in the description, but if someone is searching on his name, they might not click if the name isn't in the title. Also include a link to Hovind's challenge. If it was by video, put a clip in your video. Question - did you record the voice live or was it dubbed in later?

Oh and thanks for the shoutout!

2. Top | #12
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The people in the reflection were not intentional, it was my wife working the camera and my son watching. I will know to close the curtain next time.

I recorded the voice first, then played it back while pantomiming my speech. Then I synched the video to the audio and muted the sound from the video.

I will add his name to the title.

One part I'm pleased with was finally taking on his "one of these things doesn't belong, an 8 year old can figure it out" argument.

3. Top | #13
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yes I think your "one of these things doesn't belong" rejoinder was well done. Hovind tends to lean heavily on really dumb argument tactics that are the debate equivalent of Jedi Mind Tricks. Few things expose the absurdity of an argument better than using the same technique to demonstrate why it's wrong.

4. Top | #14
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I contacted Mr. Hovind. He replied in just a few minutes (not long enough to watch the half hour video) saying he'd already refuted the three lines of evidence.