Thread: So, how many generations does evil persist?

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

So, how many generations does evil persist?

My uncle INSISTS that it's not racism to hate The Evil Jews. Because they were the ones who persecuted Christ.
    That's, like, holding an entire ethnicity responsible for something a few of them were guilty of 99 generations back.

At the same time, if he hears the slightest mention of Black Lives Matter, or a few other individuals or organizations, he instantly goes off on a rant about Reparations. he is against it.
    Because no matter how you slice it, HE never owned a slave, nor did any white man currently alive.
    So he refuses to be held responsible for something some people of our ethnicity did up to 8 generations back...

He cannot see any hypocrisy in the two stances.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    You're a nephew of the President?

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    You're a nephew of the President?
    No! If MY uncle was on fire, i'd at least piss on the flames.

I'd piss on the pres, too, just not the parts that are burning.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    My uncle INSISTS that it's not racism to hate The Evil Jews. Because they were the ones who persecuted Christ.
    That's, like, holding an entire ethnicity responsible for something a few of them were guilty of 99 generations back.

At the same time, if he hears the slightest mention of Black Lives Matter, or a few other individuals or organizations, he instantly goes off on a rant about Reparations. he is against it.
    Because no matter how you slice it, HE never owned a slave, nor did any white man currently alive.
    So he refuses to be held responsible for something some people of our ethnicity did up to 8 generations back...

Actually, blaming Jews for persecuting Christ is like blaming the ancient Greeks for killing off all the Minotaurs. It is an odd quirk of human nature that people will get more worked up about injustice in a mythological tale than real and historic injustice such as negro slavery.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I can actually imagine Darryl insisting that if they hadn't killed off the muscular, meat-eating, man-cow back then, modern Leftists would be trying to get them the vote.

6. Top | #6
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

Sounds familiar, reminds me of lots of folk in my parents generation, including my parents. These are emotional statements, just feelings, not informed, rationalized positions, obviously. Humans evolved with enemies around every corner and behind every tree so hatred and paranoia of this type is not unexpected. Most people love having enemies to the point that if they don't have any they'll invent some. No doubt it has tremendous survival value or else the gene pool would have stopped expressing it long ago. It's your standard religious insanity, just not to a debilitating degree.