Page 174 of 179 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1787

Thread: What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

1. Top | #1731
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Chernobyl the HBO mini-series. 2 episodes in and its the scariest thing I've seen in years. 10/10, so far.

2. Top | #1732
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tars Tarkus View Post
    Chernobyl the HBO mini-series. 2 episodes in and its the scariest thing I've seen in years. 10/10, so far.
    It's a shame it bears absolutely no resemblance to the events it claims to depict.

3. Top | #1733
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tars Tarkus View Post
    It's a shame it bears absolutely no resemblance to the events it claims to depict.
    I have little idea what happened historically, and intend to delve into it once the series is over.

4. Top | #1734
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    FLEABAG Excellent! Watch it. (Amazon production)

5. Top | #1735
    Veteran Member
    All in the Family -- Live remake 8/10

The original show was fantastic. I was highly skeptical when I heard of the remake, especially Marisa Tomei as Edith (I like her generally, but didn't think it fit). However, she was amazing and the highlight of the show, and they stuck true to the original script which sadly did not require any updating to be reflect current society.
    Woody wasn't as believable delivering Archie's lines, but was passable, while the Jefferson family was done very well even if Jamie Foxx flubbed a line and broke the fourth wall.

Maybe may rating is a bit higher due to low expectations, but I'm gonna watch is again just for Tomei's performance alone.

6. Top | #1736
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I like Woody, but yeah he wasn't right for that part, was the weak link. Otherwise, good.

7. Top | #1737
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post

The original show was fantastic. I was highly skeptical when I heard of the remake, especially Marisa Tomei as Edith (I like her generally, but didn't think it fit). However, she was amazing and the highlight of the show, and they stuck true to the original script which sadly did not require any updating to be reflect current society.
    Woody wasn't as believable delivering Archie's lines, but was passable, while the Jefferson family was done very well even if Jamie Foxx flubbed a line and broke the fourth wall.

Maybe may rating is a bit higher due to low expectations, but I'm gonna watch is again just for Tomei's performance alone.
    The entire show is a US remake of the UK show 'Til Death Us Do Part, later rebooted as In Sickness and in Health.

It's evidently very well suited to remakes. Though I find it hard to imagine anyone other than Warren Mitchell in the lead role.

8. Top | #1738
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Watched the first episode of the new "season" of Black Mirror. They've gone back to having only a few episodes.

As always, set in the near possible future, with a new technology that has unintended consequences. They're exploring the possibilities of virtual reality again, and (IMO) asking the broader question of if you are really "you" when you go online or play an online game.

9. Top | #1739
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Riverdale - 1/10

Really poorly made, even by the standards of a teen drama show. If one were to ask the writers and directors of this show what it's about, I seriously doubt any of them would be able to tell you. They just have a bunch of random, unrelated stuff going on switch back and forth between apparently trying to be serious and apparently trying to be silly and failing miserably at both. Really, the only ongoing theme which remains consistent from episode to episode is that the highest form of morality is absolute loyalty to your street gang and submission to its leader. That's the major message of a shockingly large number of episodes in a completely unironic way.

It was a decent Archie TV show for about two episodes, but then apparently the entire production team got addicted to crack and stopped talking to each other.

10. Top | #1740
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post

The entire show is a US remake of the UK show 'Til Death Us Do Part, later rebooted as In Sickness and in Health.

It's evidently very well suited to remakes.
    What show isn't a remake? Typically the only changes are the types of quirks a character has.