Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2080

Thread: What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

1. Top | #2061
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Two of my favorite shows from the late 70s are on Tubi now. Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers. The former was worthy of a gritty reboot, and I'd love it if someone would do a modern version of the latter. Just with less spandex...

2. Top | #2062
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Two of my favorite shows from the late 70s are on Tubi now. Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers. The former was worthy of a gritty reboot, and I'd love it if someone would do a modern version of the latter. Just with less spandex...

Yea, I really loved Battlestar Galactica. Couldn't believe when it was cancelled! The reboot was great

3. Top | #2063
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

Yea, I really loved Battlestar Galactica. Couldn't believe when it was cancelled! The reboot until the writers strike was great
    FIFY

4. Top | #2064
    Archived
    Total Posts
    SEASON 5 OF RICK AND MORTY!!!

BIATCHES

It was worth the wait. Pure gold as usual. Mr. Nimbus is my new favourite character.

5. Top | #2065
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'd love it if someone would do a modern version of the latter. Just with less spandex...

Erin Grey in spandex was the only reason I ever watched Buck Rogers.

6. Top | #2066
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FwL View Post
    I'd love it if someone would do a modern version of the latter. Just with less spandex...

Erin Grey in spandex was the only reason I ever watched Buck Rogers.
    Oh come on. There were so many other good reasons! Like...um...Pamela Hensley in a bikini. Markie Post in spandex. Uh...other guest stars in spandex!

Okay, seriously...back in the day I read the source material for Buck Rogers. Philip Francis Nowlan's "Armageddon 2419." Pulp science fiction, but it had some interesting stuff in there. For example, the evil empire (the Hans) had a society where people would get all their information and entertainment in big, flat screens in their homes. Not only that, but they could use those screens to order any number of products, have them delivered to their door, and the money would be electronically withdrawn from their accounts. What a crazy view of how the future would be, huh?

7. Top | #2067
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Schmigadoon

I had no intention of watching so much as one episode of this, whatever it is. But it came down to this or getting up and being productive so I gave it a try. It's really not so bad. Only three episodes so far but I'll give it a provisional 7/10. I can say it's the second best musical I've ever seen.

8. Top | #2068
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    What We Do In The Shadows 7/10

It is so stupid, but funny, that it draws you in and keep watching. I missed part of the pilot so I don't know the full setup, but it is filmed kind of like a documentary crew following a group of vampires in Staten Island. They are weird and quite a bit out of touch. One of them is an 'energy vampire' who is not affected by sunlight, and feeds off of emotions of frustration and boredom which he is very good at inflicting on others. And there is the human familiar, a servant who hopes to be turned into a vampire as a reward for his long service, but is pretty much taken for granted. Quite an impressive list of guest stars have appeared in it as well. Season three is supposed to be out in september, can't wait to see it after how season two ended.

9. Top | #2069
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Loki

So finished Episode Six of Loki which starts off where Endgame leaves him, a benefactor of an angry stairs maddened Hulk. It shares a bit with Wandavision in that it has its own timeline style, setting feels like the 60s/70s. A bunch of twists and turns. The trouble I have with Loki is he just rarely ever grows. Being the God of Mischief in several movies, I start getting a Game of Thrones feel that "I shouldn't get too comfortable" with this character, because the head is likely to fall off, or in Loki's case, you just keep waiting for the inevitable. As a series, it feels bit under the other two series which had viable completions where as Loki appears to continue. There is good humor here and there (especially there... and when you get to it, you'll know what I'm talk about). Very enjoyable.

3.5 of 4

10. Top | #2070
    Contributor
    For All Mankind! Love the show. 10/10. Just finished season 1. One of my favorite shows of all time. It's on Apple TV