Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90

Thread: Democratic Debate 9/12/2019

  1. Top | #61
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TV and credit cards View Post

    I will never fully appreciate what it is to live as a black person in the United States. To be a black father raising a child who is coming into understanding of how blacks are perceived by so many whites, as if just raising a child and keeping them on track isn't enough to deal with. To live every day with the anxiety of wondering how you and your family might be treated in a white society, of just going to a restaurant or any of a number of weekend social activities. Not outwardly racist acts but the subtleties of so often being seated near the restrooms while dining out or wait staff you always have to struggle to get the attention of because they just happen to never be looking in your direction or the extra precautions you take just driving or stopping along the side of the road. I'll try to understand and appreciate what a black person deals with on a daily basis but at the end of the day, I get to drive home as a white man.

    But I get it. White people see news reporting on TV and the internet of angry blacks rioting. It's memorable. The end.
    What you just described there is also how people who wear MAGA hats feel when they go out as well.
    Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.

  2. Top | #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

    Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.
    It has nothing to do with bigotry. That is TDS talking. It's a hat, people! A hat!

  3. Top | #63
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    18,321
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,821
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

    Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.
    It has nothing to do with bigotry. That is TDS talking. It's a hat, people! A hat!
    Is that what you said about the Pussy Hats a while back?

  4. Top | #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

    Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.
    It has nothing to do with bigotry. That is TDS talking. It's a hat, people! A hat!
    Is that what you said about the Pussy Hats a while back?
    I never made a thread about it or commented on them, but they are stupid, no doubt. This doesn't mean I will threaten violence to women who wear it or call them bigots.

    Big difference.

  5. Top | #65
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,184
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,218
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

    Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.
    It has nothing to do with bigotry. That is TDS talking. It's a hat, people! A hat!
    Because, you see, YOU don’t get to decide if you’re a bigot or not. YOU don’t get to decide if you’re racist or not. What determines if you’re racist or bigoted is what you do, regardless of your justifications for doing so. So when brown people and Muslim people and Latino people tell you supporting Trump makes you a racist? You don’t get to say they’re wrong. Because they’re not. And when LGBT people tell you supporting Trump makes you a bigot, you don’t get to decide you’re NOT a bigot, because they’re not wrong.
    https://www.scarymommy.com/those-vot...on-on-bigotry/
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  6. Top | #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

    Because, you see, YOU don’t get to decide if you’re a bigot or not. YOU don’t get to decide if you’re racist or not. What determines if you’re racist or bigoted is what you do, regardless of your justifications for doing so. So when brown people and Muslim people and Latino people tell you supporting Trump makes you a racist? You don’t get to say they’re wrong. Because they’re not. And when LGBT people tell you supporting Trump makes you a bigot, you don’t get to decide you’re NOT a bigot, because they’re not wrong.
    https://www.scarymommy.com/those-vot...on-on-bigotry/
    VICE did an interview with a group of minority and LGBT conservatives who voted for Trump. They all said Trump is not a bigot.

    I guess they don't know how oppressed they are? Should you go tell them?

  7. Top | #67
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    18,321
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,821
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Is that what you said about the Pussy Hats a while back?
    I never made a thread about it or commented on them, but they are stupid, no doubt.
    i didn't ask if you thoughtbthey were stupid, i asked if you cautioned all those who got upset that yhry were 'just hats.' Evidently you only speaknup for hats that endorse a bigot.
    This doesn't mean I will threaten violence to women who wear it or call them bigots.

    Big difference.
    But you will call them stupid.
    Not thatbig a difference.

  8. Top | #68
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    18,321
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,821
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

    Because, you see, YOU don’t get to decide if you’re a bigot or not. YOU don’t get to decide if you’re racist or not. What determines if you’re racist or bigoted is what you do, regardless of your justifications for doing so. So when brown people and Muslim people and Latino people tell you supporting Trump makes you a racist? You don’t get to say they’re wrong. Because they’re not. And when LGBT people tell you supporting Trump makes you a bigot, you don’t get to decide you’re NOT a bigot, because they’re not wrong.
    https://www.scarymommy.com/those-vot...on-on-bigotry/
    VICE did an interview with a group of minority and LGBT conservatives who voted for Trump. They all said Trump is not a bigot.
    Oh, wow. A Trump voter said something! I guess that settles it!
    Unless, of course, i disagree with them, and do not hold them incapable of error because they are minotities.

  9. Top | #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    i didn't ask if you thoughtbthey were stupid, i asked if you cautioned all those who got upset that yhry were 'just hats.' Evidently you only speaknup for hats that endorse a bigot.
    This doesn't mean I will threaten violence to women who wear it or call them bigots.

    Big difference.
    But you will call them stupid.
    Not thatbig a difference.
    Who got upset about those hats? The only thing I saw were right-wingers who were laughing at how stupid the hats looked. That's not the same as foaming at the mouth upon seeing them and threatening to kill the women for wearing the hats.

  10. Top | #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    VICE did an interview with a group of minority and LGBT conservatives who voted for Trump. They all said Trump is not a bigot.
    Oh, wow. A Trump voter said something! I guess that settles it!
    Unless, of course, i disagree with them, and do not hold them incapable of error because they are minotities.
    I'm not saying bigotry doesn't exist. Of course it does.

    But, the left sees racism around every corner, in every building, behind every bush. It's become their boogeyman. The left thought a white woman wearing a chinese style dress to prom was racist and demonized the white girl.

    THAT IS INSANE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •