Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh, Part 2

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

Kavanaugh, Part 2

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/rep...-confirmation/

A new report reveals that Deborah Ramirez, a woman who claims Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her while she was a student at Yale University, may have had evidence to corroborate her story — but that Republicans created a process which would stifle her account so that Kavanaugh could be confirmed.
    This article first appeared in Salon.

Andddddd.....

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/kam...-be-impeached/

In a blunt tweet issued on Sunday morning, Democratic Presidential contender, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of lying to the U.S. Senate during his confirmation hearings and said he must be impeached.

"I sat through those hearings. Brett Kavanaugh lied to the U.S. Senate and most importantly to the American people. He was put on the Court through a sham process and his place on the Court is an insult to the pursuit of truth and justice.

He must be impeached."

---

We will need a lot more popcorn. It will be very interesting to see where all of this goes.
    Cheerful Charlie

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    While rape is no laughing matter, I believe that if women lie and file a false report against men for rape, they should face some type of jail time for damaging the man's reputation. We live in a society where a woman at a job can go up to her boss and say, "He raped me!" and the man will face backlash before the trial even takes place. The man might even get fired. We need to stop this.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/fbi...ations-report/

According to the New York Times blockbuster revelation that another woman accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault when they were in college, the FBI was alerted to the allegation while his nomination to the country’s highest court was pending and no possible witnesses were interviewed.
    Digging deeper into allegations made by Deborah Ramirez during the Kavanaugh hearings the Times reports, “She and some classmates had been drinking heavily when, she says, a freshman named Brett Kavanaugh pulled down his pants and thrust his penis at her, prompting her to swat it away and inadvertently touch it,” which the Kavanaugh dismissed by saying, “If the incident Ms. Ramirez described had occurred, it would have been ‘the talk of campus.’”

According to the Times, it was, reporting, “At least seven people, including Ms. Ramirez’s mother, heard about the Yale incident long before Mr. Kavanaugh was a federal judge. Two of those people were classmates who learned of it just days after the party occurred, suggesting that it was discussed among students at the time.”

This was not rape but it was crude behavior beyond the pale. And the FBI failed to due their duty, they failed to use due diligence in their investigation.
    Cheerful Charlie

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/s...irez-yale.html
    Two F.B.I. agents interviewed Ms. Ramirez, telling her that they found her “credible.” But the Republican-controlled Senate had imposed strict limits on the investigation. “‘We have to wait to get authorization to do anything else,’” Bill Pittard, one of Ms. Ramirez’s lawyers, recalled the agents saying. “It was almost a little apologetic.”

Mitch McConnell strikes again. We can't have a full and complete investigation when it is politically embarrassing and undesirable.
    Cheerful Charlie

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    While rape is no laughing matter, I believe that if women lie and file a false report against men for rape, they should face some type of jail time for damaging the man's reputation. We live in a society where a woman at a job can go up to her boss and say, "He raped me!" and the man will face backlash before the trial even takes place. The man might even get fired. We need to stop this.
    How is this a reply to the OP?
    The OP says her claim was possibly credible, with supporting evidence that was suppressed. You go off on false rape accusations.

What is wrong with you?

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

The OP says her claim was possibly credible, with supporting evidence that was suppressed. You go off on false rape accusations.

What is wrong with you?
    I understand that. However, the first time this happened nothing came of it. It seemed like a witch hunt. I'm just speaking in general that we can't have women tossing out false rape accusations like candy. A man's life and reputation is at stake.

Jail time for false rape would give the toxic females pause to think about accusing a man who did nothing wrong. As it stands right now, the system is set up so a woman can say "rape!" and the man is immediately demonized and shunned. Look at Danny Masterson. He was working in TV, then a woman filed a rape claim against him, the charges were dropped and he still can't get a job. THAT is not something that should happen to an innocent man just because some females are insanely toxic.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Nothing came of it because somebody in the senate decided to make sure that the FBI could bot fully investigate this, and possibly, other claims.

Add to this your loaded statement that sometimes women lie about being raped. Most often, they don't. And most often, the rapists do lie about it. There will probably now be a long investigation of what happened in regards to the FBI investigations being hobbled by Senate directives meant to get Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court come hell or high water. Political rat fucking from the usual suspects.
    Cheerful Charlie

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ork-times.html
    Unlike Christine Blasey Ford, who said Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in high school, Ramirez did not testify in the confirmation hearings. With the Republican majority on the Senate Judiciary Committee focused on pushing Kavanaugh through, Pogrebin and Kelly reported, the investigation into claims against Kavanaugh failed to follow up on dozens of possible leads:

I am finding this all to be rather disgusting. If the FBI is so easily hobbled for political purposes, this needs to end. We cannot trust the FBI when politics are involved as long as the GOP holds power in Washington. I find this deeply unsettling. The GOP deep state in action.
    Cheerful Charlie

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

What is wrong with you?
    I understand that. However, the first time this happened nothing came of it. It seemed like a witch hunt.
    I can see that. Actually, though, we knew there were a shit-ton of documents hidden from members of the committee, we knew that reasonable witnesses were not interviewed, and the investigation was hobbled. So, less of a witch hunt against a judge, more of a fraud against the voters.

And all anyone on the right could talk about were false rape allegations....

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.salon.com/2019/09/15/rep...-confirmation/
    There is also a report that Ramirez was not the only Yale student toward whom Kavanaugh allegedly behaved in a similar fashion. One classmate named Max Stier, who now runs a nonprofit organization in Washington D.C., said that he saw Kavanaugh pull his pants down at a different party and allowed friends to push his penis into the hands of a female student. Although Stier is reported to have informed both members of the Senate and the F.B.I. about what he witnessed, the bureau did not investigate.

Unacceptable!
    Cheerful Charlie