Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106

Thread: Just imagine if this was an Iranian drone strike on a Western nation

  1. Top | #71
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,143
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,086
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    That us ridiculous. He is saying one cannot assume anything without an investigation,
    "But the fact is that most of the time, that's simply not true."
    Then there would be no need for sn investigation / something bilby advocates, .

  2. Top | #72
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    24,776
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,528
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    That us ridiculous. He is saying one cannot assume anything without an investigation,
    "But the fact is that most of the time, that's simply not true."
    Then there would be no need for sn investigation / something bilby advocates, .
    Did you not notice the quotation marks? I was identifying specific words in Bilby's post.

  3. Top | #73
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,143
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,086
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Then there would be no need for sn investigation / something bilby advocates, .
    Did you not notice the quotation marks? I was identifying specific words in Bilby's post.
    And I pointed out that he advocated an investigation to find out exactly what happened - which would not be the case if he was assuming there was something better.

  4. Top | #74
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    24,776
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,528
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Then there would be no need for sn investigation / something bilby advocates, .
    Did you not notice the quotation marks? I was identifying specific words in Bilby's post.
    And I pointed out that he advocated an investigation to find out exactly what happened - which would not be the case if he was assuming there was something better.
    He is saying most of the time there was a better answer. No evidence has been even suggested for this, it's basically left-wing faith that there is a good answer if you look hard enough.

  5. Top | #75
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,143
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,086
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    And I pointed out that he advocated an investigation to find out exactly what happened - which would not be the case if he was assuming there was something better.
    He is saying most of the time there was a better answer. No evidence has been even suggested for this, it's basically left-wing faith that there is a good answer if you look hard enough.
    I realize taking a partial quote to derive a straw man is your MO, but repeating it does not make it true.

    Using your mode of constructing an argument, you are repeating the right wing faith that killing civilisns is the best answer because that involves no thinking or moral sense.

  6. Top | #76
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    24,776
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,528
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    And I pointed out that he advocated an investigation to find out exactly what happened - which would not be the case if he was assuming there was something better.
    He is saying most of the time there was a better answer. No evidence has been even suggested for this, it's basically left-wing faith that there is a good answer if you look hard enough.
    I realize taking a partial quote to derive a straw man is your MO, but repeating it does not make it true.

    Using your mode of constructing an argument, you are repeating the right wing faith that killing civilisns is the best answer because that involves no thinking or moral sense.
    You're still presenting no evidence there are better answers. As I said, you're taking it on faith.

  7. Top | #77
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,143
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,086
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    I realize taking a partial quote to derive a straw man is your MO, but repeating it does not make it true.

    Using your mode of constructing an argument, you are repeating the right wing faith that killing civilisns is the best answer because that involves no thinking or moral sense.
    You're still presenting no evidence there are better answers. As I said, you're taking it on faith.
    You say lots of bs.
    You’re the one making unsubstantiated assertions of fact and persistently pushing straw men,
    Unilaterally denying there are better alternatives to killing civilians in a case by case basis is a perfect example of faith-based reasoning.

  8. Top | #78
    Fair dinkum thinkum bilby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Posts
    21,631
    Archived
    10,477
    Total Posts
    32,108
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    That us ridiculous. He is saying one cannot assume anything without an investigation,
    "But the fact is that most of the time, that's simply not true."
    "most" <> "all"

  9. Top | #79
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    24,776
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,528
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    That us ridiculous. He is saying one cannot assume anything without an investigation,
    "But the fact is that most of the time, that's simply not true."
    "most" <> "all"
    Most is still an unsupported assertion.

  10. Top | #80
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,143
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,086
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post

    "most" <> "all"
    Most is still an unsupported assertion.
    So are your claims about the left and that there are not better solutions than needlessly killing civilians in every case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •