Page 196 of 272 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2715

Thread: Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

  1. Top | #1951
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    16,718
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    19,752
    Rep Power
    90
    Yeah, he doesn't know the guy.

    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  2. Top | #1952
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Layton, UT
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    What will be the story if another Billionaire, this time from the other side of the ledger wins the White House? [Bloomberg]
    Probably something like:

    BLOOMBERG WINS!

    Duh.
    The difference is that we (the ubiquitous "left") are willing to criticize "our side" (and this part's important) for legitimate issues regarding their performance in office. But not for stupid billshit like a fake child sex ring in a basement that doesn't exist, or you know, wearing a tan suit.

    If the (f)rightwing could understand this simple concept, they could go a long way towards at least restoring a pretense of having principles.

  3. Top | #1953
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,778
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    68,251
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    What will be the story if another Billionaire, this time from the other side of the ledger wins the White House? [Bloomberg]
    Probably something like:

    BLOOMBERG WINS!

    Duh.
    The difference is that we (the ubiquitous "left") are willing to criticize "our side" (and this part's important) for legitimate issues regarding their performance in office. But not for stupid billshit like a fake child sex ring in a basement that doesn't exist, or you know, wearing a tan suit.

    If the (f)rightwing could understand this simple concept, they could go a long way towards at least restoring a pretense of having principles.
    Legitmate: Obama’s use of drone strikes against terrorists without trial is a potential crime against the understood norms of justice globally.

    Not legitmate: OMFG, Obama is going to invade Texas!

  4. Top | #1954
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    16,718
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    19,752
    Rep Power
    90
    Nobody knows this guy.

    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  5. Top | #1955
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,009
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    26,750
    Rep Power
    72
    There's an article in 10 Aug 2017, The Palm Beach Post.
    A person named Aaron Parnas says he worked on Trump's campain. He also mentions his father Lez who is his hero. There is no such person as Lez Parnas and so it seems like a typo. Additionally, if you look up Lev Parnas, you will find he has a son that age named Aaron. The article says Aaron speaks Russian. Aaron and Lev lived in Boca Raton, FL area whose center is 20 miles from West Palm Beach center where Trump lived, but the West Palm Beach newspaper article calls Aaron a neighbor so maybe the Parnas's lived on the border...i,e. were nearly neighbors of Trump.

  6. Top | #1956
    Elder Contributor angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    11,832
    Archived
    5,706
    Total Posts
    17,538
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    What will be the story if another Billionaire, this time from the other side of the ledger wins the White House? [Bloomberg]
    Probably something like:

    BLOOMBERG WINS!

    Duh.
    The left more than anything else hate the Trump because he's a billionaire, besides he being a buffoon. It's reported that Bloomberg has ten times Trumps worth. That most certainly must get up the socialists noses. What, a president coming from the privileged classes?

  7. Top | #1957
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Republic of Korea
    Posts
    1,270
    Archived
    1,216
    Total Posts
    2,486
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post

    The left more than anything else hate the Trump because he's a billionaire, besides he being a buffoon. It's reported that Bloomberg has ten times Trumps worth. That most certainly must get up the socialists noses. What, a president coming from the privileged classes?
    Why do conservatives think they can read the minds of "the left"? Just because AM Radio blowhards, like Limbaugh are constantly spewing straw man depictions of the left doesn't make it okay. Come on, people. The left is right here, if you want to know what we think, you could just ask us.

    Angelo, can you name three people who list Trump's money as the number one reason they hate him? There are more than 300 million people in the US. I only want you to find 3. Can you do it?

  8. Top | #1958
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,778
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    68,251
    Rep Power
    100
    I don't believe that is Lev Parnas. We need to pump the brakes on posting Memes as evidence.

  9. Top | #1959
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,778
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    68,251
    Rep Power
    100
    Legal scholars battle it out on the impeachment and what is required for impeachment! Who will win the first battle?

    In this corner...

    Legal Scholar A

    (View video on YouTube)



    v

    And his opponent, in this corner...

    Legal Scholar... umm... A


    (View video on YouTube)


  10. Top | #1960
    Formerly Joedad
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    PA USA
    Posts
    5,828
    Archived
    5,039
    Total Posts
    10,867
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Legal scholars battle it out on the impeachment and what is required for impeachment! Who will win the first battle?

    In this corner...

    Legal Scholar A

    (View video on YouTube)



    v

    And his opponent, in this corner...

    Legal Scholar... umm... A


    (View video on YouTube)
    Dershowitz states repeatedly that a president should not be impeached for committing crimes but rather should be impeached for criminal behavior. He is so overcome with his worship of the constitution and his perceived intent of the framers that he doesn't see himself as a part of a process anymore but rather as obedient to the gods that founded our country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •