Page 113 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2715

Thread: Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

1. Top | #1121
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm so looking forward to this.

Exclusive: Giuliani associate willing to tell Congress Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official to get dirt on Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/polit...den/index.html

2. Top | #1122
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I keep wondering why they don't add Trump's recent loss in his scam veterans charity to the impeachment list. It was a pretty serious elections law violation as well is a fraud to line his own pockets.

3. Top | #1123
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    So, is Adam Shiff going to subpoena Devin Nunes?
    For context: Giuliani associate willing to testify Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official, attorney says https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBXctgD
    Nunes is notably absent from this list: "During a Thursday meeting with White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, a group of Republican senators including Mike Lee of Utah, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Ted Cruz of Texas spoke about how a Senate trial should be conducted if the House votes to impeach Trump."

Has the FOIA document dump rendered Nunes toxic to the trumpista conspirators, or is he out of the loop only because he is a House member?

I want to go through those docs when I have the time... has anyone else perused them?
    Nunes is in the House

4. Top | #1124
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    is he out of the loop only because he is a House member?
    Nunes is in the House
    So that would be a "yes", then?
    I wonder wtf goes on when house counsel meets with a flock of trumpista Senators... does he immediately take meeting notes or a transcript to the co-conspirators in the House?

"Lordy I hope there are tapes!"
    - James Comey

5. Top | #1125
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    I keep wondering why they don't add Trump's recent loss in his scam veterans charity to the impeachment list. It was a pretty serious elections law violation as well is a fraud to line his own pockets.
    The risk is that the investigation becomes unfocused, which itself would be a line of attack for the R's, and also would increase the amount of time the process takes. Schiff has been doing a fantastic job leading the investigation, and I think he'll make a worthy successor to Pelosi, and the testimony so far has been damning. To the point where I've actually had some success in penetrating The Bubble with sites like https://www.rev.com/blog/impeachment...land-testifies providing full transcripts.

The more issues that get thrown in, the more complex the whole thing becomes, and the more stupider voters will be furrowing their brows in a vain attempt to understand the situation.

6. Top | #1126
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Congress could end the subpoena fight by impeaching Trump tomorrow.

This is from back in May, talking about impeaching over the Mueller report. Ah, we were so young then. But interesting to me is that in the Senate trial, the House managers could subpoena Bolton, Pompeo, et al, and then Roberts would rule on whether to enforce the subpoenas. So it is still possible they could be forced to testify. That could be one reason why Dems are not bothering taking the White House to court now, since it would take longer to go through the courts, than to get an immediate ruling from Roberts, who would be the 5th vote anyway in SCOTUS.

7. Top | #1127
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Congress could end the subpoena fight by impeaching Trump tomorrow.

This is from back in May, talking about impeaching over the Mueller report. Ah, we were so young then. But interesting to me is that in the Senate trial, the House managers could subpoena Bolton, Pompeo, et al, and then Roberts would rule on whether to enforce the subpoenas. So it is still possible they could be forced to testify. That could be one reason why Dems are not bothering taking the White House to court now, since it would take longer to go through the courts, than to get an immediate ruling from Roberts, who would be the 5th vote anyway in SCOTUS.
    I get their reasoning about courts slowing it down, but I would think just the issuance of the subpoena, whether they show up or not, would make a stronger statement and add a bit more pressure to the witnesses they were calling.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

8. Top | #1128
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    Meanwhile, all this B/S is aiding Trump in securing a second term.

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/2019/...n-preferences/
    Yes, because the Republicans are having so much fun carrying Putin's water for him.
    Record debt and deficits are great, and when growth slows to a crawl and the economic house of cards falls, it will be another opportunity to blame Hillary and Obama.
    Yeah, Trump is a lock for sure, unless Dems take advantage of newly legalized foreign interference in elections, and recruit Iran to help them get rid of Cheato. I think the press will reward them mightily.
    It shouldn't be hard to recruit Iran and it's demented mullahs on the side of the Dems who funneled billions in cash stacked on a pallet to them by Obuma! Almost guaranteeing they will have a nuke with which to destroy Israel with and fund various islamic terrorists with in a short time.

9. Top | #1129
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Meanwhile, all this B/S is aiding Trump in securing a second term.

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/2019/...n-preferences/
    Yes, because the Republicans are having so much fun carrying Putin's water for him.
    Record debt and deficits are great, and when growth slows to a crawl and the economic house of cards falls, it will be another opportunity to blame Hillary and Obama.
    Yeah, Trump is a lock for sure, unless Dems take advantage of newly legalized foreign interference in elections, and recruit Iran to help them get rid of Cheato. I think the press will reward them mightily.
    It shouldn't be hard to recruit Iran and it's demented mullahs on the side of the Dems who funneled billions in cash stacked on a pallet to them by Obuma! Almost guaranteeing they will have a nuke with which to destroy Israel with and fund various islamic terrorists with in a short time.
    As for impeachment. As this article makes clear. It's destined to fail.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/201...ontent=1258691

10. Top | #1130
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ebc_story.html

A high-ranking House Democrat said Saturday it’s “quite likely” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) will face an ethics investigation over allegations that he met with an ex-Ukrainian official to obtain information about former vice president Joe Biden and his son.
    Rep. Adam Smith (Wash.), the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, appeared on MSNBC where he was asked whether Nunes could face a House inquiry. “Quite likely, without question,” Smith said.
    The allegation that Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, met with a former Ukrainian prosecutor last year to discuss the Bidens came from the attorney for Lev Parnas, one of two Soviet-born associates of Rudolph W. Giuliani who were indicted on charges they broke campaign finance law.