Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thar's Gold in Them Thar Hillbillies

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Thar's Gold in Them Thar Hillbillies

I'm proposing an investment group to create a brand new Bible-based tourist attraction -- the Amazing Hill of the Foreskins, from Joshua 5:3. Picture a durable vinyl hill, some 40 or 50 feet tall, with foot-paths to the summit and a picnic area around it. Hill to be painted in bright shades of pink, red, and Mediterranean deep tan.
    Location: My board is currently in discussion on this point. One group proposes the area around Alexandria, Kentucky, which is close to I-75 and which would create a Magic Faith Triangle with the nearby Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. The group that I head thinks we should locate in Hood County, Texas. Hood. This draws in the Dallas/Fort Worth population.
    Operation: The Hill would be open year-round, although my contractors have told me there would be some shrinkage in cold weather.
    Local employment would be enhanced, as the Hill complex will need a large support staff, including re-enactors for the theatrical events, currently envisioned as:
    The Mass Circumcision - Joshua's Big Mohel-Palooza, the event described in Josh. 5: 2-7.
    Moses's Hot Foot - Moses is saved from being murdered by God when a freshly severed foreskin is rubbed on his foot (Ex. 4:24-6.)
    Big Bag O' Foreskins: David's men kill 200 dudes, circumcise their corpses, and David brings their foreskins to King Saul as a wedding present. (This event will be held in an arena with the theme song 'Love Hurts'. Kids will be able to take selfies with David and the Big Bag.) (Based on I Sam. 18)
    Hepzibah's Stitches: from I Sam. 24; Hepzibah takes the foreskin from the slain Goliath and fashions it into vestal robes for the 12 virgins of Shechem. Okay, I made that one up.
    Goals:
    1. To return a profit to the investors.
    2. To provide a faith-building family vacation spot. "Draw Back the Curtain to Adventure!"
    3. Hopefully, to cause all Christians to exclaim in wonder as they leave, "Jesus Christ! Why does God have this obsession with the goddamned foreskin???!!!"

2. Top | #2
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    I'm proposing an investment group to create a brand new Bible-based tourist attraction -- the Amazing Hill of the Foreskins, from Joshua 5:3. Picture a durable vinyl hill, some 40 or 50 feet tall, with foot-paths to the summit and a picnic area around it. Hill to be painted in bright shades of pink, red, and Mediterranean deep tan.
    Location: My board is currently in discussion on this point. One group proposes the area around Alexandria, Kentucky, which is close to I-75 and which would create a Magic Faith Triangle with the nearby Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. The group that I head thinks we should locate in Hood County, Texas. Hood. This draws in the Dallas/Fort Worth population.
    Operation: The Hill would be open year-round, although my contractors have told me there would be some shrinkage in cold weather.
    Local employment would be enhanced, as the Hill complex will need a large support staff, including re-enactors for the theatrical events, currently envisioned as:
    The Mass Circumcision - Joshua's Big Mohel-Palooza, the event described in Josh. 5: 2-7.
    Moses's Hot Foot - Moses is saved from being murdered by God when a freshly severed foreskin is rubbed on his foot (Ex. 4:24-6.)
    Big Bag O' Foreskins: David's men kill 200 dudes, circumcise their corpses, and David brings their foreskins to King Saul as a wedding present. (This event will be held in an arena with the theme song 'Love Hurts'. Kids will be able to take selfies with David and the Big Bag.) (Based on I Sam. 18)
    Hepzibah's Stitches: from I Sam. 24; Hepzibah takes the foreskin from the slain Goliath and fashions it into vestal robes for the 12 virgins of Shechem. Okay, I made that one up.
    Goals:
    1. To return a profit to the investors.
    2. To provide a faith-building family vacation spot. "Draw Back the Curtain to Adventure!"
    3. Hopefully, to cause all Christians to exclaim in wonder as they leave, "Jesus Christ! Why does God have this obsession with the goddamned foreskin???!!!"
    That's a great start but you at least need foreskin hammocks in the picnic area and foreskin balloon rides.

Oh yes, and big, hairy, beanbag chairs in all the viewing areas.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Instead of selling caps in the gift shop, you can sell helmets.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    And don't forget to include an observatory where Christians can view the holy prepuce itself in orbit around Saturn!

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Great suggestions. Any ideas for theme-based snacks at the concessions?

6. Top | #6
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Instead of selling caps in the gift shop, you can sell helmets.
    I think flesh colored berets with a large hole in the top would be more appropriate.

7. Top | #7
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Wieners, no buns.

8. Top | #8
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Wieners, no buns.
    Or condiments or he’ll kick your ass.

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Actually we're thinking of a line of really tender, stretchy bagels.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Gotta have pork rinds.