Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 313

Thread: Syria, Turks, and Kurds

  1. Top | #211
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    15,347
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    18,381
    Rep Power
    88
    ITMFA

    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

    You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

  2. Top | #212
    Veteran Member PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    4,607
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    8,996
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post

    https://www.isidewith.com/candidate-...foreign-policy

    The two are pretty similar, wouldn't you say? Except for Tulsi leaving the door open for torture, I mean
    Pretty similar, except for Bernie leaving the door open for continuing to send troops to conflicts that aren't our concern.
    He didn't say that, he just criticized the abrupt removal of existing troops that would leave (and has left) a population vulnerable to attack, which is... exactly what happened.

    Tulsi's just not white enough for you.
    And Bernie's too ((((Jewish)))) for you. I can shut off my cerebral cortex too, see?

  3. Top | #213
    Formerly Joedad
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    PA USA
    Posts
    5,362
    Archived
    5,039
    Total Posts
    10,401
    Rep Power
    75
    Iraq just said that the 700 american troops and equipment that retreated into Iraq have no permission to remain there.

    I'm pretty sure SA will take them no questions asked.

  4. Top | #214
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    9,706
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    13,150
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    Neocons never pull out.
    That explains why there are so many of them.

  5. Top | #215
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    24,461
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    66,934
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://www.apnews.com/ec2ed217357048ff998225a31534df12

    "Erdogan, though, quickly put Trump on the defensive, reminding him that he had repeatedly said the only reason for U.S. troops to be in Syria was to defeat the Islamic State and that the group had been 99 percent defeated. “Why are you still there?” the second official said Erdogan asked Trump, telling him that the Turks could deal with the remaining IS militants."

    There it is guys. They were attacking regardless. You guys want more troops to die?
    So Trump cowered is the defense being made here.

  6. Top | #216
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    16,879
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    41,379
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://www.apnews.com/ec2ed217357048ff998225a31534df12

    "Erdogan, though, quickly put Trump on the defensive, reminding him that he had repeatedly said the only reason for U.S. troops to be in Syria was to defeat the Islamic State and that the group had been 99 percent defeated. “Why are you still there?” the second official said Erdogan asked Trump, telling him that the Turks could deal with the remaining IS militants."

    There it is guys. They were attacking regardless. You guys want more troops to die?
    So Trump cowered is the defense being made here.
    Yeah...

    According to Halfie's article, Trump's advisors AND Erdogan told him not to beat a hasty retreat, and he beat a hasty retreat.

  7. Top | #217
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,092
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,342
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Yeah...

    According to Halfie's article, Trump's advisors AND Erdogan told him not to beat a hasty retreat, and he beat a hasty retreat.
    I haven't seen many chicken hawks on here ready to go fight with the Kurds. Perhaps leftists all have bone spurs.

    They have become exactly what they hate. "If you want a war, you better be the first to go and fight!" Kurds are in a war and leftists are not going to help, despite the fact a lot of them are complaining the troops should go back and fight.

  8. Top | #218
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    4,046
    Archived
    945
    Total Posts
    4,991
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    I haven't seen many chicken hawks on here ready to go fight with the Kurds. Perhaps leftists all have bone spurs.

    They have become exactly what they hate. "If you want a war, you better be the first to go and fight!" Kurds are in a war and leftists are not going to help, despite the fact a lot of them are complaining the troops should go back and fight.
    The Turks aren’t going to attack us; we’re both NATO.

    We lost less than a dozen fighting ISIS. The SDF, of which the Kurds were the majority, lost 11k. Fighting our battle. And all Trump had to do was tell Erdogan “no way”. But because Trump is a compromised ass kisser, he rolled over for the Turks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Top | #219
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,036
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,788
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    Neocons never pull out.
    Their sky daddy smited someone for pulling out. Of course they don't!

    (And never mind it was really for failing to do his duty.)

  10. Top | #220
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    16,879
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    41,379
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Yeah...

    According to Halfie's article, Trump's advisors AND Erdogan told him not to beat a hasty retreat, and he beat a hasty retreat.
    I haven't seen many chicken hawks on here ready to go fight with the Kurds. Perhaps leftists all have bone spurs.
    Sure. YOUR linked article disproves your claim. So, make it about a desire for war.
    They have become exactly what they hate. "If you want a war, you better be the first to go and fight!"
    kinda funny, a chickenshit like you saying others should stand up for whst thry believe in.

    I stood. Where were you?
    Kurds are in a war
    only because Bonespurs chickened out.
    and leftists are not going to help, despite the fact a lot of them are complaining the troops should go back and fight
    do try to keep up, Half-pipe. YOUR claim that we HAD to leave is a lie.
    Turkey had no desire to shoot at us until Trump made it clear he had no stomach to actually shoot back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •