Thread: A Tesla Pickup Truck? Looks like it.

1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

A Tesla Pickup Truck? Looks like it.

https://insideevs.com/reviews/364925...pecs-more/amp/

The Tesla truck will make the Ram seem toy-like and will beat the Ford F-150 too. Lofty goals, but Tesla really never fails to deliver on the performance front.

In top-level trim, the Tesla truck should boast a range of between 400 and 500 miles, possibly more. As one might suspect, it will be all-wheel drive with a motor for each axle. Musk also noted that the suspension will dynamically adjust according to its load. Being electric and a truck means it will have gobs of torque. Musk once tweeted that it could tow 300,000 pounds.

Some additional features include 240-volt power for all of your work tools, a unique drop-down tailgate and it will parallel park automatically & have 360-degree cameras & sonar.

UPDATE: There's now some speculation that the Tesla truck will be the first Tesla equipped with the million-mile battery that's being developed by Tesla researcher Jeff Dahn and Jessie Harlow. Read more on the battery from an entry in the Journal of the Electrochemical Society here.

Trucks are known for reliability and dependability. In fact, reliability often tops the list for truck buyers. Performance and other aspects generally rank much lower. How can Tesla assure electric truck buyers that the Tesla Truck will be reliable? Quite simply by offering a million-mile battery with a warranty to back it up.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

2. Top | #2
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That sounds like a $75,000+ truck.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    With government subsidies we can get you into a Tesla truck for ~55k.

I wish Tesla was cheaper. I think they are overpriced because they cram so much gimicky software into them. But I'm sure Musk knows what he is doing.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    With a number of companies, Ford, Toyota, VW partnering up to move forward with electric vehicles and recent breakthroughs in getting charging times down, I think the popularity of electric vehicles are going to snowball in a few years. The infrastructure of charging stations is adequate now. Sadly, I think Tesla might end up as being known as the company that got it all started and little else. Amazing what Elon Musk has done but he might get run over by more experienced auto manufacturers. I hope not. Maybe he'll start to take a hands off approach and let more experienced people take over. He can turn his attention to Mars.
    Dwight

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    The Tesla truck unveiling was a bit of a bust. Production still a few years away.

7. Top | #7
    I certainly hope its final aesthetic form is a bit less... nineties video game.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeage View Post
    That's not a truck, it's car with an uncovered trunk.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Elon Musk's electric pickup is now in the running for the ugliest vehicle ever made.
    Cheerful Charlie

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yabbut but it has inpenatrable, unbreakable windows...so it got that going for it.