Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic Ruling By SCOTUS Coming Soon About LGBTQ People

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    I'm ready for the comments of how this freedom makes me a bigoted racist.
    You want to be free to discriminate and be prejudiced to whoever you want. Explain why that isn't bigotry.
    Fuckit, that is the very definition of bigotry. You don't like it, I suggest you should stop acting as a bigot.

2. Top | #22
    Yes, I thought that's what Half-Life was arguing for - the absolute laissez faire right to exercise whatever personal bias you wish to in the area of employment. And the corresponding right of employers to exercise bigotry of their own when forcing employees to sign on to LGBTQ inclusion HR policies or firing them for expressing their religious beliefs on social media.

3. Top | #23
    bigotry
    /ˈbɪɡətri/
    noun
    "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself."

Bigotry is not a dirty word.
    Hypocrite IS a dirty word however, and you can't exercise intolerance and bigotry towards Christianity whilst pretending that you're all about tolerance and diversity.

4. Top | #24
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    bigotry
    /ˈbɪɡətri/
    noun
    "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself."

Bigotry is not a dirty word.
    Hypocrite IS a dirty word however, and you can't exercise intolerance and bigotry towards Christianity whilst pretending that you're all about tolerance and diversity.
    Bigotry and hypocrisy are both repugnant traits.

It is not intolerant to reject intolerance. The connotation of intolerance implies an arbitrary rejection. There is nothing arbitrary about rejecting arbitrary rejection, however; thus it is neither bigotry nor hypocrisy.

How many times has this been explained to you at this point?

5. Top | #25
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    I'm ready for the comments of how this freedom makes me a bigoted racist.
    You want to be free to discriminate and be prejudiced to whoever you want. Explain why that isn't bigotry.
    Fuckit, that is the very definition of bigotry. You don't like it, I suggest you should stop acting as a bigot.
    You guys have no clue what freedom means. If a skinhead Nazi walked into a Jewish bakery and asked them to bake him a cake with a swastika on it, the Jewish owner absolutely 100% has the right to refuse service to this Nazi. YOU GUYS are the ones demanding that the Jewish owner HAS TO serve the Nazi. No ifs, ands, or buts. How is that freedom?

Even if I walked into a restaurant and started shouting at the top of my lungs over and over again "I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!", I would get kicked out despite me doing nothing illegal at all. You guys are the ones saying, "No, the restaurant owner can't kick you out! He's forced to tolerate you!"

6. Top | #26
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Beto O'Rourke was also calling for churches who don't support LGBTQ people to lose their tax exempt status. So he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state and he wants to FORCE churches to cater to people the church disagrees with. This is fascism folks.

He's fascist and against the Constitution.

7. Top | #27
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yes, I thought that's what Half-Life was arguing for - the absolute laissez faire right to exercise whatever personal bias you wish to in the area of employment. And the corresponding right of employers to exercise bigotry of their own when forcing employees to sign on to LGBTQ inclusion HR policies or firing them for expressing their religious beliefs on social media.
    That's right. Ben Shapiro has a great point on this. If a store owner refused to serve black people, that is his right. However, it's also the people's right to boycott that store and the store would go out of business as word gets out about the racist owner.

This takes away nobody's freedom whatsoever. It's the free market working itself out. But, leftists hate this. They want the government to run our lives. It's sad.

8. Top | #28
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    The law says: “It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer … to discriminate against any individual... because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”

So, as an employer, I can't treat men and women differently in terms of employment.
    But the claim is being made that i CAN treat men and men differently. Because only some of the men want to fuck women.

Seems odd that i can't use skin, plumbing, flags, or gods to discriminate, but i can use fantasies.
    If I owned a store and I refused to serve a certain kind of people, I would make less money and I would have to decide if it's really worth it for me to do this. If I decide it's worth it to not serve certain people, then you have no right to tell me, "You have to serve these people!" If I decide it's not worth it to not serve certain people, then you have no right to tell me, "You have to refuse service to these people!"

My money is my money. Whether I want to make less of it or more of it is none of your business.

9. Top | #29
    Veteran Member
    If a store owner refused to serve black people, that is his right.
    You clearly don't understand what a "right" is or how they are manifest.

However, it's also the people's right to boycott that store and the store would go out of business as word gets out about the racist owner.
    You mean like Chick-Fil-A?

This takes away nobody's freedom whatsoever.
    Unless you have a certain percentage of melanin in your skin.

It's the free market working itself out.
    Except when it isn't because certain localities are populated by shit-for-brains inbred bigots.

But, leftists hate this.
    No, we hate sophistry.

They want the government to run our lives.
    So you don't want any police or firemen or water and sewage treatment and you're fine with eating rat shit and don't care about abortions? Please keep feeding your children lead paint chips and tuck them into fire-proof asbestos jammies.

10. Top | #30
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That's right. Ben Shapiro has a great point on this. If a store owner refused to serve black people, that is his right. However, it's also the people's right to boycott that store and the store would go out of business as word gets out about the racist owner.
    Or black people wouldn't be able to shop in a 50 mile radius. There seems to be a sad bit of lack of awareness that whites had to be compelled to sell to blacks because "the people's right to boycott" didn't matter for decades in the South.