Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic Ruling By SCOTUS Coming Soon About LGBTQ People

1. Top | #81
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

What the baker should do is have a posted rule of no hate symbols on cakes.
    Don't even need that.
    Just say it's our policy when and if the topic comes iip.

Thing is, if you do bake a cake for a Crip, you cannot tell the Blood that it's against your policy.
    Heck, you can't even say you won't bake the cake for the Crip or Blood in the first place.

The only thing the policy should realistically indicate is "no gang affiliated imagery".

Again, tis the difference between not selling anyone a Nazi cake, and not selling a Nazi any cake. The former is OK, the latter is discrimination.

2. Top | #82
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Will companies be able to fire people for being LGBTQ? I personally hope the companies will be able to. I am 100% for hiring any person you want to run the kind of office you deem fit for your business.

If leftists don't want to hire conservatives, this is fine. If conservatives don't want to hire leftists, this is fine. LGBTQ people will end up working for bosses who support them instead of bosses who are forced to put up with them. It gets very dicey when the government tells you who you can and can not hire or fire. Sadly, leftists love the government playing mommy and daddy.

For example, imagine someone in the workplace demanding to be treated like a dog and walked on a leash throughout the day. It's certainly not bigoted to fire this person if they are not what you are looking for in the workplace. Anti-discriminators will say businesses can't fire this person. This is authoritarian nonsense. If employers feel like LGBTQ people are not right for their workplace, they can get rid of them. Likewise if a gay business owner only wants to hire gay people or if a straight owner only wants to hire straight people, this is perfectly fine.

Everything will work itself out this way. Companies would run much more smoothly because people would be working around people they genuinely enjoy and support.

I'm ready for the comments of how this freedom makes me a bigoted racist.
    You do realize, this means you could be fired for being a bigoted racist, even if you kept your bigoted racist views to yourself, never shared personal details at work and your bigoted racism did not affect the quality of your work. Your very presence would make other worker uncomfortable, and that would be your problem, not theirs.

3. Top | #83
    Member ***
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post

Don't even need that.

Thing is, if you do bake a cake for a Crip, you cannot tell the Blood that it's against your policy.
    Heck, you can't even say you won't bake the cake for the Crip or Blood in the first place.
    My mistake, i keant to say ' bake a gang-sign cake for a Crip...' and so on...

4. Top | #84
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeage View Post
    Will companies be able to fire people for being LGBTQ? I personally hope the companies will be able to. I am 100% for hiring any person you want to run the kind of office you deem fit for your business.

If leftists don't want to hire conservatives, this is fine. If conservatives don't want to hire leftists, this is fine. LGBTQ people will end up working for bosses who support them instead of bosses who are forced to put up with them. It gets very dicey when the government tells you who you can and can not hire or fire. Sadly, leftists love the government playing mommy and daddy.

For example, imagine someone in the workplace demanding to be treated like a dog and walked on a leash throughout the day. It's certainly not bigoted to fire this person if they are not what you are looking for in the workplace. Anti-discriminators will say businesses can't fire this person. This is authoritarian nonsense. If employers feel like LGBTQ people are not right for their workplace, they can get rid of them. Likewise if a gay business owner only wants to hire gay people or if a straight owner only wants to hire straight people, this is perfectly fine.

Everything will work itself out this way. Companies would run much more smoothly because people would be working around people they genuinely enjoy and support.

I'm ready for the comments of how this freedom makes me a bigoted racist.
    You do realize, this means you could be fired for being a bigoted racist, even if you kept your bigoted racist views to yourself, never shared personal details at work and your bigoted racism did not affect the quality of your work. Your very presence would make other worker uncomfortable, and that would be your problem, not theirs.
    At that point, it comes down to whether you expressed bigoted racism at work.

Essentially, "is there a reason to believe this person is going to show bias or negative treatment to a co-worker."

Because while someone like Halfie may pretend how they interact with and express themselves to, and thus interrelate to their co-workers isn't part of their work product... The interpersonal compatibility of co-workers is absolutely part of the work product.

5. Top | #85
    Member ***
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Not if the decision comes out the way Halfie wants it to, and it establishes precedent as Halfie envisions.
    Then the employer could fire someone for just about anything they find objectionable, whether it impacts work or not.

6. Top | #86
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Not if the decision comes out the way Halfie wants it to, and it establishes precedent as Halfie envisions.
    Then the employer could fire someone for just about anything they find objectionable, whether it impacts work or not.
    Just trying to invalidate both sides of the bad-faith position he might jump to:

That WE do not advocate firing someone for being, merely for doing. Nor that we advocate for rejecting based on being but for requesting.

That their model, their painting us as being anti-person is entirely spurious; that we are anti-action.

7. Top | #87
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Yes, just like you should be allowed to fire someone if they are going through their transitioning crap at work and it's distracting to co-workers. I don't want clients to see some crazy man dressed up as a woman.

8. Top | #88
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Don't even need that.

The only thing the policy should realistically indicate is "no gang affiliated imagery".

Again, tis the difference between not selling anyone a Nazi cake, and not selling a Nazi any cake. The former is OK, the latter is discrimination.
    So, you're saying I can't put up a sign that says, "No gang members allowed in for fear of customer, employee, and employer safety."

Or what about the days when Ted Bundy was roaming free? Could I have put a sign up that says, "Ted Bundy not welcome here."

9. Top | #89
    Member ***
    Archived
    Total Posts

Yes, just like you should be allowed to fire someone if they are going through their transitioning crap at work and it's distracting to co-workers. I don't want clients to see some crazy man dressed up as a woman.
    You' re still conflating things that affect their work and things thabt don't, showing that all you really want is a right to discriminate.
    Fuck that.

10. Top | #90
    Member ***
    Archived
    Total Posts

So, you're saying I can't put up a sign that says, "No gang members allowed in for fear of customer, employee, and employer safety."
    Probably njot. You could probably put up a sign disallowing gang signs, colors. But if they go put on a suit, how will you know thry're bangers?

Or, if someone threatens a customer, kick THEM out.
    Or what about the days when Ted Bundy was roaming free? Could I have put a sign up that says, "Ted Bundy not welcome here."
    interesting question. A little ridiculous? Why would you have banned him when he was free?