Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Family of armed robber outraged that store clerk shot and killed their brother in self-defense: 'Yes, he's robbing them — oh well!'

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Family of armed robber outraged that store clerk shot and killed their brother in self-defense: 'Yes, he's robbing them — oh well!'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/family...g-them-oh-well

"Yes, he's robbing them. Oh, well! Call the police, that's what you're supposed to do. You're not supposed to take matters into your own hands!" she continued.

Here's some daily stupidity, guys. A good guy with a gun stopped a robbery and the family is saying the clerk shouldn't have shot him! Holy Jesus! How dumb can people get these days? He went in WITH A GUN and POINTED IT AT THE CLERK! The clerk shot him dead.

Apparently, using guns in self-defense is evil now. This world is becoming insane! What say you leftists? I'm sure if this was a white guy robbing the store, you wouldn't say a peep about a white man being shot dead.

2. Top | #2
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I mean, he has to rob people. How else he gonna get his money.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://ohio.arrests.org/Arrests/Roo...pley_42463678/

He was arrested on gun charges but not sentenced in august. Is it normal?

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

Apparently, using guns in self-defense is evil now. This world is becoming insane! What say you leftists? I'm sure if this was a white guy robbing the store, you wouldn't say a peep about a white man being shot dead.
    Here is some news for you... Just because one idiot utters some idiocy doesn't make make it general knowledge, a popular consensus, or a universal rule. It is just one idiot's idiocy.

For example, take the last sentence in your post.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If an idiot enters a store and waves a gun around, getting shot is a distinct possibility. This is one of reality's cruel little rules. Father Darwin calls another one home.
    Cheerful Charlie

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This happened two weeks ago. Why are we discussing it now?

I'm sure if this was a white guy robbing the store, you wouldn't say a peep about a white man being shot dead.
    Hey genius, no one said a peep about this robber being shot dead either. No one has started a thread about this in the last fortnight except you. You are the one getting your panties in a twist. I guess you don't know leftists as well as you think. What a shock.

7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    When one points a weapon at anyone, one is inviting violence. It doesn't mean that any resulting death is not unfortunate. Nor is uncommon for the family of a victim of a shooting (justified or not) to bemoan the death of their relative.

IMO, the notion that protection of property is a justification for killing a person means that property is more important than life. I find that notion repugnant.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    This happened two weeks ago. Why are we discussing it now?
    Halfie's not getting the rehsponse he wants innothrr threads, so he starts one th at's SURE to draw "leftidt" outrage....

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    When one points a weapon at anyone, one is inviting violence. It doesn't mean that any resulting death is not unfortunate. Nor is uncommon for the family of a victim of a shooting (justified or not) to bemoan the death of their relative.

IMO, the notion that protection of property is a justification for killing a person means that property is more important than life.
    I find that notion repugnant.
    If you really believe that, then you just opened the door for large gangs to invade your home, steal whatever they want while they taunt you going, "Haha! You can't touch us! We're more important than your property!" as you watch them gather your stuff and then run out your front door into the night.

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

IMO, the notion that protection of property is a justification for killing a person means that property is more important than life.
    I find that notion repugnant.
    If you really believe that, then you just opened the door for large gangs to invade your home, steal whatever they want while they taunt you going, "Haha! You can't touch us! We're more important than your property!" as you watch them gather your stuff and then run out your front door into the night.
    I suppose if I did not call the police and/or take photographs, you'd have a point.

I can understand why a sociopath would think property is more important than human life, but I cannot understand why a Christian would think so.