Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: God ('s agents) lose!

  1. Top | #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,203
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,955
    Rep Power
    97

    God ('s agents) lose!

    The Amazing Race Australia, season 4, episode 2.

    There was a team composed of two nuns that ended up eliminated in a very close footrace. They lost by less time than they spent praying about what to do.


    (However, as a long-time watcher of the series I know they were going to be eliminated fairly early.)

  2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member Lion IRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    18
    An amazing lesson.
    Two beautiful people.

  3. Top | #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,203
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,955
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    An amazing lesson.
    Two beautiful people.
    You apparently didn't get it--the lesson is praying causes you to lose.

  4. Top | #4
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    11,447
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    12,154
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    An amazing lesson.
    Two beautiful people.
    You apparently didn't get it--the lesson is praying causes you to lose.
    LOSE? Are you kidding? They have Lion's Thought & Prayers!

  5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member Lion IRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    18
    They did also lose a lot of time being nice along the way.

  6. Top | #6
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    11,447
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    12,154
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    They did also lose a lot of time being nice along the way.
    What a shame. They could have been mean! But I guess ya gotta be something...

  7. Top | #7
    Sapere aude Politesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chochenyo Territory, US
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The Amazing Race Australia, season 4, episode 2.

    There was a team composed of two nuns that ended up eliminated in a very close footrace. They lost by less time than they spent praying about what to do.


    (However, as a long-time watcher of the series I know they were going to be eliminated fairly early.)
    Ah, the purpose of the spiritual life. Winning footraces.

  8. Top | #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,203
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    121,955
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The Amazing Race Australia, season 4, episode 2.

    There was a team composed of two nuns that ended up eliminated in a very close footrace. They lost by less time than they spent praying about what to do.


    (However, as a long-time watcher of the series I know they were going to be eliminated fairly early.)
    Ah, the purpose of the spiritual life. Winning footraces.
    If they hadn't been praying there would not have been a footrace, they would have made it to the mat before the other team got out of their vessel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •