Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 US Election - What you need to know!

1. Top | #11
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    My state. *thumps fist to chest* I voted for this today.

Virginia - Dems win control of House and Senate.

Also in Virginia: Woman who was fired for flipping off Trump won an election from a Republican.. It's a local county office, but everyone starts somewhere.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    My state. *thumps fist to chest* I voted for this today.

Virginia - Dems win control of House and Senate.

Also in Virginia: Woman who was fired for flipping off Trump won an election from a Republican.. It's a local county office, but everyone starts somewhere.
    Love that!

3. Top | #13
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A good night for the Dems indeed. I find it funny how Kentucky conservatives had issues with Bevin but support Trump. Bevin was pretty much Trump Jr. I knew Bevin's uncle, I think it was his uncle. No where near the douchebag Bevin is.

Virginia is getting pretty blue. And this matters as it appears that the black face and what not didn't stall Democrat momentum in Virginia.

All that said, it appears that Dems are still energized. This doesn't mean 2020 is a shoe-in. But it certainly wasn't a great sign for the GOP.

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://crooksandliars.com/2017/11/a...sunami-stunned

After Democratic Tsunami, Stunned Republicans Survey The Wreckage

When Dems turn out, Dems win.

------

It looks like Democrats did well in many races other than Kentucky and Virginia. New jersey and Pennsylvania. Maine is getting expanded Medicare. The suburbs spoke and they said no to the GOP in many races.
    Cheerful Charlie

5. Top | #15
    No tears shed, the jerks deserve it.

6. Top | #16
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    A good night for the Dems indeed. I find it funny how Kentucky conservatives had issues with Bevin but support Trump. Bevin was pretty much Trump Jr.
    I really think that was because he insisted on making Trump his platform when Kentuckians wanted to hear about healthcare, jobs, etc., and he didn't give that to them.

I knew Bevin's uncle, I think it was his uncle. No where near the douchebag Bevin is.

Virginia is getting pretty blue. And this matters as it appears that the black face and what not didn't stall Democrat momentum in Virginia.
    So happy about this. and it's not just pretty blue. We're deep blue right now.
    All that said, it appears that Dems are still energized. This doesn't mean 2020 is a shoe-in. But it certainly wasn't a great sign for the GOP.
    Yep, not a shoe-in. Can't get lazy or complacent. I really think it's because Dems are speaking to human needs, jobs, healthcare, stuff that affects them directly regardless of how zealous they are about Trump.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.