Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Open Impeachment Hearings To Start Wednesday

1. Top | #81
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Ya ... no. Not at all. How is that even a question?

2. Top | #82
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    The question is the best they got.. .and to many a thoughtless individuals, is plenty enough.

People who are exposed to the liability of libel / slander, tend to just "ask a lot of questions"... like if they stopped beating their wife.

Here is a hint. If a "news" article asks a question in the headline, then the answer that question is "no".

3. Top | #83
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    The question is the best they got.. .and to many a thoughtless individuals, is plenty enough.

People who are exposed to the liability of libel / slander, tend to just "ask a lot of questions"... like if they stopped beating their wife.

Here is a hint. If a "news" article asks a question in the headline, then the answer that question is "no".
    It's also a well known Non Sequitur, the Tu Quoque, or "you too" fallacy. It does not follow that Biden or his son being pieces of shit justifies extorting a foreign government over military aid to investigate a political rival.

Just like it does not follow that Clinton flying the Lolita Express makes it any less true that Trump raped a girl who he dressed up as his own daughter

4. Top | #84
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Today is November 16. On November 19, the next round of public hearings starts. More damning first hand testimony is coming. The whistle blower is beside the point now. Follow up on thwhistle blower's is demonstrating that the whistle blower's claims are corroborated by those who were said to have first hand knowledge of the damning events. And that is what matters. HL seems to be unable to grasp that point. As do a lot of loud mouthed, partisan Republican "pundits". More horrors, and scandals to come.
    And then on Tuesday night Fox News will be saying, "Another day of nothing. What a shocker."

They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out. The American people are just sick of this nonsense. You guys are turning more people to the right. Hope you enjoy reaping what you sow.
    I for one am fed up with Trump's circus. I am in the 57% who will not change my mind no matter what the outcome of the impeachment is either. Trump is what he has always been, an entitled, spoiled rich kid and criminal who doesn't feel that he must obey the law or social convention and traditions if it stands in the way of the only thing that he cares about, making money. Did you think the people in the 57% polling numbers were only Trump supporters?

Yes, people in the US are becoming more conservative. This is an invitation to disaster for our country. It should be obvious by now that conservatives are incapable of governing the country. We have a dynamic ever-changing economy. The very essence of being a conservative is the resistance to change. This disconnect between the nature of the economy and the nature of the conservatives in government is at the heart of the inability of the conservatives to govern. Unfortunately, it gets worse from there. The world, in general, is changing ever more rapidly. This creates even more problems for conservatives who find themselves in power in government.

To be a conservative requires one to believe in lies.

Conservatives avoid conflicts in logic by hiding behind the lies that only they believe. An obvious one is that global warming is a hoax by 11,000 climate scientists to secure more funding for their research. Conservatives have to believe this lie because global warming is a problem so big that it can only be solved by government action over the entire world.

Another lie that they have to believe is that the economy doesn't need the government and would actually work better if there was no government interference in the economy. This in spite of not being able to give a single example of an economy existing outside of a government. The economy in these complex times requires a government to set laws and regulations that define good behavior and enforce it exactly the same way that the government defines good behavior in society in general and enforces it.

5. Top | #85
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out.
    OMG! Master Chief Wasserman? Is that you?

1988. Someone at Guided Missile School was drawing Swatikas in the head, in magic marker.
    We all got mustered in the auditorium for a shotgunning session of Equal Opportunity Training. A chief told us about thirty times that color didn't matter.
    After that, as we filed out, i told my fellow instructor, 'Nothing I heard in the last hour is goingbto change my opinion of black people.'
    Shipmate knew my wife is black, laughed.
    Master Chief behind me heard what i said, assumed the wordt, and went to tell my chain of command that i was the Swastika graffitist. And tgat i had admitted it.

Lucky for me, one oerson in the chain had actually met my wife and could say, 'i dontthink what you heard means what you think it means.'
    Keith, Milo Yinnnapoulous is married to a black man and the left calls him racist.
    I for one don't believe that the vast majority of conservatives are racist. I know too many of them to believe that they would think that the paper-thin concept of race is a viable determinator explaining anything about the differences between people.

My complaint about conservatives and the Republican party is that they make room for the racists in the party by accommodating the racists' aberrate views. It is this tact acceptance of racism by movement conservatism and the Republican party that has kept racism alive and well in the US for many years beyond what it would have been its natural due to be tossed out date.

This to me is a more serious indictment of conservatives and the Republican party than if they were all racists. They are tolerating racism to gain the votes of the racists that they need to be able to pass the tax cuts for the already rich that brings in the contributions that are the very lifeblood of movement conservatism and the Republican party.

6. Top | #86
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleDon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Today is November 16. On November 19, the next round of public hearings starts. More damning first hand testimony is coming. The whistle blower is beside the point now. Follow up on thwhistle blower's is demonstrating that the whistle blower's claims are corroborated by those who were said to have first hand knowledge of the damning events. And that is what matters. HL seems to be unable to grasp that point. As do a lot of loud mouthed, partisan Republican "pundits". More horrors, and scandals to come.
    And then on Tuesday night Fox News will be saying, "Another day of nothing. What a shocker."

They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out. The American people are just sick of this nonsense. You guys are turning more people to the right. Hope you enjoy reaping what you sow.
    I for one am fed up with Trump's circus. I am in the 57% who will not change my mind no matter what the outcome of the impeachment is either. Trump is what he has always been, an entitled, spoiled rich kid and criminal who doesn't feel that he must obey the law or social convention and traditions if it stands in the way of the only thing that he cares about, making money. Did you think the people in the 57% polling numbers were only Trump supporters?

Yes, people in the US are becoming more conservative. This is an invitation to disaster for our country. It should be obvious by now that conservatives are incapable of governing the country. We have a dynamic ever-changing economy. The very essence of being a conservative is the resistance to change. This disconnect between the nature of the economy and the nature of the conservatives in government is at the heart of the inability of the conservatives to govern. Unfortunately, it gets worse from there. The world, in general, is changing ever more rapidly. This creates even more problems for conservatives who find themselves in power in government.

To be a conservative requires one to believe in lies.

Conservatives avoid conflicts in logic by hiding behind the lies that only they believe. An obvious one is that global warming is a hoax by 11,000 climate scientists to secure more funding for their research. Conservatives have to believe this lie because global warming is a problem so big that it can only be solved by government action over the entire world.

Another lie that they have to believe is that the economy doesn't need the government and would actually work better if there was no government interference in the economy. This in spite of not being able to give a single example of an economy existing outside of a government. The economy in these complex times requires a government to set laws and regulations that define good behavior and enforce it exactly the same way that the government defines good behavior in society in general and enforces it.
    Well, back in the 60's sugar companies paid scientists to blame fat for health problems.

So, we can't trust scientists.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...t-blame-at-fat

I don't know how yo guys can be so naive to think, "Scientists wold never take money! They aren't greedy!"

7. Top | #87
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yeah! Fuck science! What has science ever done for us?

Except the aqueduct of course.

8. Top | #88
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

You're confusing building things with research funding.

9. Top | #89
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

You're confusing your opinion with reality. Last time I checked engineering is an applied science. But seeing as you hate progress and science so much, I'll just leave you with your bowel of leaches to consume.

10. Top | #90
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

You're confusing your opinion with reality. Last time I checked engineering is an applied science. But seeing as you hate progress and science so much, I'll just leave you with your bowel of leaches to consume.
    Moving the goalposts noted.

We were taking about scientists taking bribes to fudge research. You then said "Engineering!"