Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 120

Thread: Public Open Impeachment Hearings To Start Wednesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top | #1
    Contributor Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,493
    Archived
    3,884
    Total Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    62

    Public Open Impeachment Hearings To Start Wednesday

    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ming-for-trump

    ...
    ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS on Wednesday will preempt their regularly scheduled programming for live coverage of the House Intelligence Committee's open impeachment hearings of President Trump.
    As expected, all of the major cable news networks, including Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and CSPAN will also offer live coverage.

    William Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine, on Wednesday is slated to be the first to publicly testify regarding possible efforts by Trump administration officials to link U.S. military aid to Ukraine in exchange for investigating former Vice President Joe Biden, a top Democratic presidential candidate, and his son Hunter Biden for business dealings in the country.
    Taylor's testimony will be followed by Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs George Kent.
    ...

    ----

    It looks like this is going to take over the airwaves nationwide. It is going to be a public spectacle par excellence. It will be hard to escape it. The media seems to want to wallow in this big time.
    Cheerful Charlie

  2. Top | #2
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    14,118
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    14,825
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    It looks like this is going to take over the airwaves nationwide. It is going to be a public spectacle par excellence. It will be hard to escape it. The media seems to want to wallow in this big time.
    Little chance that its total audience market share or total viewership will approach the numbers put up during the Nixon hearings. There are too many other entertainment options vying for attention.

  3. Top | #3
    Contributor Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,493
    Archived
    3,884
    Total Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    62
    There will be much bitching and griping as people's favorite programs are pre-empted. Of course there is always the prospect that people publicly testifying may occasionally show a genius for playing to the cameras.
    Cheerful Charlie

  4. Top | #4
    Mazzie Daius fromderinside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oregon's westernmost
    Posts
    13,216
    Archived
    18,213
    Total Posts
    31,429
    Rep Power
    59
    Time to start streaming Bill Cosby Show and all the Michael Jackson videos I can find.

  5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    28,151
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    70,624
    Rep Power
    100
    I can't wait for the testimony provided post Democrat questioning and the dumb face stairs after the Republican bloviating.

    Republican: ...and this sham must end now!
    Witness: Uh... am I supposed to say something now?

  6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    4,099
    Archived
    2,911
    Total Posts
    7,010
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    There will be much bitching and griping as people's favorite programs are pre-empted. Of course there is always the prospect that people publicly testifying may occasionally show a genius for playing to the cameras.
    The only people to be inconvenienced here are boomers.

    I don't know anyone under the age of 40 who actually watches broadcast television anymore. It's all about that streaming, and nothing is preempting that...

    So the only people this impacts are exactly the geriatric dipshits that got us here in the first place.

    Soncry me a river if Mom and Dad have their Diagnosis Murder or whatever the fuck is on actual television these days interrupted while they get forced to watch the Corruption Olympics. They've been long overdue for the wakeuup call everyone that everyone who knows a website that isn't Facebook has been aware of since Dondolf Twitler decided to run for office: that he's a fucking criminal.

  7. Top | #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    10,366
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    13,810
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    It looks like this is going to take over the airwaves nationwide. It is going to be a public spectacle par excellence. It will be hard to escape it. The media seems to want to wallow in this big time.
    Little chance that its total audience market share or total viewership will approach the numbers put up during the Nixon hearings. There are too many other entertainment options vying for attention.
    Indeed. I haven't watched TV networks in over a decade now. I would not have even noticed this if not for this thread.

  8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    always on the move
    Posts
    1,246
    Archived
    801
    Total Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    48
    There are a few network TV shows we watch. Not many, but a couple.

    However, Disney+ launched today, with 30 seasons of Simpsons available. Might not see the regular news for a few months.

  9. Top | #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    10,366
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    13,810
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    There are a few network TV shows we watch. Not many, but a couple.

    However, Disney+ launched today, with 30 seasons of Simpsons available. Might not see the regular news for a few months.
    I haven't been able to stomach the Simpsons since season 9 or so when it became zombie Simpsons. Was such an amazing show back in the day though.

  10. Top | #10
    Contributor Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,493
    Archived
    3,884
    Total Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    62
    Schedule for hearings to come.

    https://www.axios.com/impeachment-in...69bef3316.html

    The schedule

    Tuesday, Nov. 19:

    • Scheduled for morning hearing:
      • Jennifer Williams, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence.
      • Vindman, who serves as the director for European Affairs at the National Security Council.

    • Scheduled for afternoon hearing:
      • Volker.
      • Morrison, a White House aide with the National Security Council focusing on Europe and Russia policy.

    Wednesday, Nov. 20:

    • Scheduled for morning hearing:
      • Sondland.

    • Scheduled for afternoon hearing:
      • Laura Cooper, the deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russian, Ukrainian, and Eurasian Affairs.
      • David Hale, the undersecretary of state for Political Affairs.

    Thursday, Nov. 21:

    • Scheduled for morning hearing:
      • Fiona Hill, former National Security Council senior director for Europe and Russia.
    Cheerful Charlie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •