Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Open Impeachment Hearings To Start Wednesday

1. Top | #51
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Ghouliani just hinted he has dirt on Trump if he gets thrown under the bus. "I have very good insurance."
    What could be more damning of someone having done illegal shit than their lawyer stating that he will not get fired because he knows too much...
    People really underestimate the implications of what Guliani just said.

Mulvaney said the same btw..."he won't fire me because I know too much".

The logic is simple: You do not say these things if nothing illegal happened. Period.

Besides, close aides to Trump hid the transcript of the phone call. People already forgot this tidbit in the threadmill of news. You do not do that if you do not think something illegal happened. Period.

And on top of all that, republicans in the hearings waste their time attacking the witnesses/messengers/process etc. You only do that when the REAL facts do not align with your view. Period. If the evidence was flimsy, they would have gone after the evidence and not talk about fusion GPS or other distractions which have absolutely nothing to do with this.

2. Top | #52
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I like how this is all about second and third hand sources... except the the actual doctored 'transcript' where the quid pro quo was laid out quite clearly.

GOP and conservatives are mastering obfuscation with the Trump Administration.

The next odd part is how the GOP is arguing that Trump can fire anyone he wants. Which is technically true... which makes one wonder why Giuliani needed to fake dirt on the Ukrainian ambassador in the first place!

3. Top | #53
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

I see. So if Trump gets impeached, that proves he did wrong. If he doesn't get impeached, it still proves he did wrong. The excuse will be "The Republicans don't want to lock him up!" More conspiracies from the left.

So once again, Trump is damned if he loses, damned if he wins.
    It was people like you who created this climate with the Benghazi witch hunt. You don't get to cry about it now. Especially considering the plethora of evidence against Trump.
    So you think Benghazi was a witch hunt, but this is not. Trump says this is a witch hunt, but Benghazi was not.
    Benghazi found nothing despite repeated attempts. The shit is piled deep in this administration, just about everywhere we look we find it.

4. Top | #54
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

So you think Benghazi was a witch hunt, but this is not. Trump says this is a witch hunt, but Benghazi was not.
    Benghazi found nothing despite repeated attempts. The shit is piled deep in this administration, just about everywhere we look we find it.
    If you would just don your conspiracy theorist hat it will all make sense.

5. Top | #55
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

Ah, but that is something that Trump has only done in the delusional minds of the Dems.
    His own transcript says otherwise. Colbert is laughing at Trump and his delusional defenders.
    Oh, I didn't realize Colbert was laughing at Trump. Stop the investigation! Colbert laughed! Trump's guilty!

Late night talk shows are full of leftists promoting their propaganda while you guys claim, "leftist propaganda is nowhere!"

This is exactly what Hitler did to grow in popularity, too.

6. Top | #56
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Everyone's still waiting for the cowardly whistleblower to show up. Trump's waiting to question him.

I can't imagine a person being that much of a coward who is willing to tell people he has the evidence, only to lack a spine and whine and cry that he's too scared to show up. Big tough guy.

7. Top | #57
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Everyone's still waiting for the cowardly whistleblower to show up. Trump's waiting to question him.

I can't imagine a person being that much of a coward who is willing to tell people he has the evidence, only to lack a spine and whine and cry that he's too scared to show up. Big tough guy.
    Why do you think the whistleblower is still needed? Everything he/she has reported as been confirmed by other witnesses, Mick Mulvaney, and Bonespurs himself.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

8. Top | #58
    Archived
    Total Posts

you think that Trump needs help with the witness intimidation charge?

9. Top | #59
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Today is November 16. On November 19, the next round of public hearings starts. More damning first hand testimony is coming. The whistle blower is beside the point now. Follow up on the whistle blower's is demonstrating that the whistle blower's claims are corroborated by those who were said to have first hand knowledge of the damning events. And that is what matters. HL seems to be unable to grasp that point. As do a lot of loud mouthed, partisan Republican "pundits". More horrors, and scandals to come.
    Cheerful Charlie

10. Top | #60
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Why? Everything that the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by others with more direct knowledge of the events. Including by Trump and his incomplete transcript of the phone call.

If we are going to play what-aboutism, the only way that any of Trump's supporters including you have left to defend Trump seemingly, why is Trump not allowing anyone to cooperate with the inquiry if the facts are on his side?

To put a finer point on it, why does Trump act as is if he is guilty if he is innocent?

This is what baffled me about the Russia probe, which according to Bill Barr cleared the Trump campaign of collusion, although that is not what it seemed to me from my reading of the report. But I am not an attorney.

Does Trump lack a spine too?