Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 120

Thread: Public Open Impeachment Hearings To Start Wednesday

  1. Top | #61
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,705
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,955
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleDon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Everyone's still waiting for the cowardly whistleblower to show up. Trump's waiting to question him.

    I can't imagine a person being that much of a coward who is willing to tell people he has the evidence, only to lack a spine and whine and cry that he's too scared to show up. Big tough guy.
    Why? Everything that the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by others with more direct knowledge of the events. Including by Trump and his incomplete transcript of the phone call.

    If we are going to play what-aboutism, the only way that any of Trump's supporters including you have left to defend Trump seemingly, why is Trump not allowing anyone to cooperate with the inquiry if the facts are on his side?

    To put a finer point on it, why does Trump act as is if he is guilty if he is innocent?

    This is what baffled me about the Russia probe, which according to Bill Barr cleared the Trump campaign of collusion, although that is not what it seemed to me from my reading of the report. But I am not an attorney.

    Does Trump lack a spine too?
    Have you heard of personal rights?

    Suppose a cop pulls you over. He says, "I have reason to believe you have drugs in your trunk." You know you have no drugs in the trunk or anywhere in the car. You say, "I have no drugs officer." He asks, "well if you have no drugs, why not just pop the trunk for me so I can see?" You respond, "No. This is a violation of my rights. If you want to search the trunk, get a warrant." Cop replies, "But if you truly have nothing in th trunk, why are you so afraid to open it?" You respond, "I'm not afraid. I know my rights. If I give in and let you search the trunk, it leaves the door open for you to do this to anyone. I have to stand up for my rights."

    In this analogy, you are the one agreeing with the cop that you should just pop the trunk if you have nothing to hide. Would you agree or disagree with the cop?

  2. Top | #62
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    17,540
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,040
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleDon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Everyone's still waiting for the cowardly whistleblower to show up. Trump's waiting to question him.

    I can't imagine a person being that much of a coward who is willing to tell people he has the evidence, only to lack a spine and whine and cry that he's too scared to show up. Big tough guy.
    Why? Everything that the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by others with more direct knowledge of the events. Including by Trump and his incomplete transcript of the phone call.

    If we are going to play what-aboutism, the only way that any of Trump's supporters including you have left to defend Trump seemingly, why is Trump not allowing anyone to cooperate with the inquiry if the facts are on his side?

    To put a finer point on it, why does Trump act as is if he is guilty if he is innocent?

    This is what baffled me about the Russia probe, which according to Bill Barr cleared the Trump campaign of collusion, although that is not what it seemed to me from my reading of the report. But I am not an attorney.

    Does Trump lack a spine too?
    Have you heard of personal rights?

    Suppose a cop pulls you over. He says, "I have reason to believe you have drugs in your trunk." You know you have no drugs in the trunk or anywhere in the car. You say, "I have no drugs officer." He asks, "well if you have no drugs, why not just pop the trunk for me so I can see?" You respond, "No. This is a violation of my rights. If you want to search the trunk, get a warrant." Cop replies, "But if you truly have nothing in th trunk, why are you so afraid to open it?" You respond, "I'm not afraid. I know my rights. If I give in and let you search the trunk, it leaves the door open for you to do this to anyone. I have to stand up for my rights."

    In this analogy, you are the one agreeing with the cop that you should just pop the trunk if you have nothing to hide. Would you agree or disagree with the cop?
    This analogy sucks, though, as the cop actually has a warrant.

  3. Top | #63
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,705
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,955
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Today is November 16. On November 19, the next round of public hearings starts. More damning first hand testimony is coming. The whistle blower is beside the point now. Follow up on the whistle blower's is demonstrating that the whistle blower's claims are corroborated by those who were said to have first hand knowledge of the damning events. And that is what matters. HL seems to be unable to grasp that point. As do a lot of loud mouthed, partisan Republican "pundits". More horrors, and scandals to come.
    And then on Tuesday night Fox News will be saying, "Another day of nothing. What a shocker."

    They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out. The American people are just sick of this nonsense. You guys are turning more people to the right. Hope you enjoy reaping what you sow.

  4. Top | #64
    Contributor blastula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The greatesst state
    Posts
    5,314
    Archived
    6,070
    Total Posts
    11,384
    Rep Power
    59
    Halfie, is this is all so great for Trump and the right, why are you acting so scared? You should be glad.

  5. Top | #65
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    17,540
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,040
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out.
    OMG! Master Chief Wasserman? Is that you?

    1988. Someone at Guided Missile School was drawing Swatikas in the head, in magic marker.
    We all got mustered in the auditorium for a shotgunning session of Equal Opportunity Training. A chief told us about thirty times that color didn't matter.
    After that, as we filed out, i told my fellow instructor, 'Nothing I heard in the last hour is goingbto change my opinion of black people.'
    Shipmate knew my wife is black, laughed.
    Master Chief behind me heard what i said, assumed the wordt, and went to tell my chain of command that i was the Swastika graffitist. And tgat i had admitted it.

    Lucky for me, one oerson in the chain had actually met my wife and could say, 'i dontthink what you heard means what you think it means.'

  6. Top | #66
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,877
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,820
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Today is November 16. On November 19, the next round of public hearings starts. More damning first hand testimony is coming. The whistle blower is beside the point now. Follow up on the whistle blower's is demonstrating that the whistle blower's claims are corroborated by those who were said to have first hand knowledge of the damning events. And that is what matters. HL seems to be unable to grasp that point. As do a lot of loud mouthed, partisan Republican "pundits". More horrors, and scandals to come.
    And then on Tuesday night Fox News will be saying, "Another day of nothing. What a shocker."

    They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out. The American people are just sick of this nonsense. You guys are turning more people to the right. Hope you enjoy reaping what you sow.
    If 43% do, Trump is in trouble.

  7. Top | #67
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    16,718
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    19,752
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Today is November 16. On November 19, the next round of public hearings starts. More damning first hand testimony is coming. The whistle blower is beside the point now. Follow up on the whistle blower's is demonstrating that the whistle blower's claims are corroborated by those who were said to have first hand knowledge of the damning events. And that is what matters. HL seems to be unable to grasp that point. As do a lot of loud mouthed, partisan Republican "pundits". More horrors, and scandals to come.
    And then on Tuesday night Fox News will be saying, "Another day of nothing. What a shocker."

    They even showed a poll that showed 57% of Americans are not going to change their opinion about Trump, regardless of what evidence comes out. The American people are just sick of this nonsense. You guys are turning more people to the right. Hope you enjoy reaping what you sow.
    Here's what the rest of the poll said, but I suspect Fox didn't include that part.

    The new poll shows 50 percent of voters support the impeachment inquiry, compared with 41 percent who oppose it. In early October, 50 percent of voters supported the inquiry, while 44 percent opposed it.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...achment-070311
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  8. Top | #68
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    16,718
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    19,752
    Rep Power
    90
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  9. Top | #69
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    17,540
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,040
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Hope you enjoy reaping what you sow.
    this is, literally, the whole point of separation of powers and oversight.
    Which Trump refuses to participate in.
    Asking the Supreme Court, his AG, and threatening the Senate to help make sure he does NOT reap his own sown oats.

  10. Top | #70
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,705
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,955
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Halfie, is this is all so great for Trump and the right, why are you acting so scared? You should be glad.
    Who is scared? Have you listened to conservative shows? We're all laughing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •