Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'M GOD

1. Top | #11
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    I'd put snarky stuff on my car, but I fear some godfearing person would key it. ...
    I was registering a used car at the MVD and the clerk asked me if it bothered me that the random license plate number included "666". It didn't bother me at all, but I thought it might incite some stranger and I didn't want to get shot at. I had her give me a different one. But you're right. At one time keying was a thing. Now it's guns.
    I had the opposite experience several years ago. I was getting a new tag for my husband's Mustang Cobra and the clerk started to hand me a plate that had 666 on it. She freaked out and asked me if I wanted a different one. I said, "Not thanks. He will love that one." And he does. I doubt many people even noticed the 666, but we thought it was funny.

I'm not too worried about what I put on my car. My neighbor saw a man in our neighborhood last week who had a large assortment of anti Trump memes on his car, and at the bottom there was a sticker that said, "Impeach Trump". Afaik, he's still alive. I will admit that some of my black friends are too scared to put stickers on their cars. I certainly respect their concerns.
    Well you get a tiny amount of personal satisfaction along with a tiny risk of pissing-off some a-hole. I'll pass.

How about raising the stakes with a license plate that says "ATHEIST"? I think most people would say that was just crazy. Shouldn't offend anyone like saying "IM GOD". But some fundamentalist would look at it as a challenge that they can't ignore.
    Last edited by Treedbear; 11-25-2019 at 07:13 PM.

2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I've seen ATHEIST license plates -- well, at least one -- pictured in Freethought Today. In my county, the generic license plates include a lot of letter sequences that start with FK or FFK or FKG. I always wonder how straight-laced residents feel about driving around with those tags. Didn't they have a chance to object, at the DMV? Are they oblivious to it? I see a license plate in the car ahead that says FFK885 and I think, that's what an angry stuttering guy says when you ask what his cholesterol count is.

3. Top | #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    I've seen ATHEIST license plates -- well, at least one -- pictured in Freethought Today. ...
    Well maybe I'm just paranoid. It turns out there are more than a few.