Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 162

Thread: While the Democrats are running their dog and pony impeachment hearings, they were making sure we continue living in a police state

  1. Top | #141
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    Has beating up the innocent guy accomplished anything beneficial, though?

    No, it's just providing support for the notion that blacks are subhumans that can't be trusted to behave in society.
    Koy provided an explanation for the attack that does not depend on any bigoted or racist motivation. There is a clear and distinct difference between an explanation and a justification.

    Why anyone would think that an explanation based on PTSD provides support that the race of the attacker is subhuman is truly fascinating.
    He's trying to justify behavior that's actually making the situation worse.
    Horseshit. It can't be worse for black people. What YOU are doing is trying to stop the slaves from slitting the master's throats by, once again, oppressing any such reactions that are to be fully expected and understandable by anyone that constantly stomps on someone's throat.

    It's despicable. It's saying, "You, the oppressed, cannot react to your oppression, because it makes you part of the problem."

    It's the same tactic bullies/Republicans use. Only the oppressor is permitted to act; never the oppressed. If the oppressed react to their oppression, it's egregious. If the oppressor acts anyway they damn well please, it's just supposed to be accepted and/or ignored.

  2. Top | #142
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    10,063
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    13,507
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Why anyone would think that an explanation based on PTSD provides support that the race of the attacker is subhuman is truly fascinating.
    Who said anything about a race being subhuman? That's quite an addition you've made. You don't need to see anybody as subhuman in order to be racist for or against them. You only need to generalize people by race, disregard individuality, and treat or view them differently because you think that's how [insert race] are.

  3. Top | #143
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    10,063
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    13,507
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Horseshit. It can't be worse for black people.
    It can always be worse. Don't make it so. By excusing violence based on race, you're only opening the door wide open for the kind of anti-black violence your country is famous for historically.

    What YOU are doing is trying to stop the slaves from slitting the master's throats
    That's pretty dramatic language for how things are today.

    by, once again, oppressing any such reactions that are to be fully expected and understandable by anyone that constantly stomps on someone's throat.
    You should stop stomping on people's throats. That'd be a great start. And stop excusing your doing so by pointing at what they look like. That'd be even better.

  4. Top | #144
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    12
    Done now? (edited.)
    Last edited by Mediancat; 12-14-2019 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Accusations of trolling aren't allowed.

  5. Top | #145
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,691
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    122,443
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    He's trying to justify behavior that's actually making the situation worse.
    Horseshit. It can't be worse for black people. What YOU are doing is trying to stop the slaves from slitting the master's throats by, once again, oppressing any such reactions that are to be fully expected and understandable by anyone that constantly stomps on someone's throat.
    The poor black person now is not only poor but the target of hatred from whites that were discriminated against.

    It's despicable. It's saying, "You, the oppressed, cannot react to your oppression, because it makes you part of the problem."
    You need to prove oppression in the first place. And you need to show why the existing legal systems aren't adequate to address it. (Hint: They don't address it because it's not there!)

  6. Top | #146
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The poor black person now is not only poor but the target of hatred from whites that were discriminated against.
    So, iow, exactly where they always are. Damned if they don't stand up for themselves; damned if they do stand up for themselves. Or, in this case, damned if they are forced into reacting out of years of not reacting.

    It's a horrible social condition, no doubt, caused and maintained entirely by white assholes. Which is why all whites need to basically just shut the fuck up and say, "Sorry for those other assholes" every goddamned day.

    It's despicable. It's saying, "You, the oppressed, cannot react to your oppression, because it makes you part of the problem."
    You need to prove oppression in the first place.
    Yeah, so, that's the kind of horeshit that triggers the "shut the fuck up" requirement.

  7. Top | #147
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    25,691
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    122,443
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post

    So, iow, exactly where they always are. Damned if they don't stand up for themselves; damned if they do stand up for themselves. Or, in this case, damned if they are forced into reacting out of years of not reacting.

    It's a horrible social condition, no doubt, caused and maintained entirely by white assholes. Which is why all whites need to basically just shut the fuck up and say, "Sorry for those other assholes" every goddamned day.


    You need to prove oppression in the first place.
    Yeah, so, that's the kind of horeshit that triggers the "shut the fuck up" requirement.
    You are taking the oppression as a given and calling a request to prove it horseshit.

    This is the same sort of attitude we see in the trumpets in denying any of His Flatulence's wrongdoing.

  8. Top | #148
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    You are taking the oppression as a given
    No, I am not. It has been abundantly, conclusively and objectively established in spite of the endless denialists/apologists who desperately try to pick it apart and/or transparently attempt to shift the focus off of that fact.

  9. Top | #149
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    15,621
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    57,564
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Why anyone would think that an explanation based on PTSD provides support that the race of the attacker is subhuman is truly fascinating.
    Who said anything about a race being subhuman? That's quite an addition you've made.
    In post 136, LP wrote
    "No, it's just providing support for the notion that blacks are subhumans that can't be trusted to behave in society." which was actually in the quoted material in the post to which you responded and somehow seemed to completely disregard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    [You don't need to see anybody as subhuman in order to be racist for or against them. You only need to generalize people by race, disregard individuality, and treat or view them differently because you think that's how [insert race] are.
    That is true for your definition of racism. If one views racism as viewing a race (or other races) as being inferior, it sort of does mean looking at them as less than favored race.

  10. Top | #150
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    10,063
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    13,507
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    So, iow, exactly where they always are. Damned if they don't stand up for themselves; damned if they do stand up for themselves.
    It is alarming that you equate "Standing up for yourself" to assaulting an innocent person who looks like those who have abused you. Yet you think you speak AGAINST racism...

    It's a horrible social condition, no doubt, caused and maintained entirely by white assholes.
    You are here giving evidence otherwise.

    Which is why all whites need to basically just shut the fuck up and say, "Sorry for those other assholes" every goddamned day.
    That too would be racist. You're not responsible for what others who look like you did. Empathy and understanding is in order from other white people. Not apologies.

    Yeah, so, that's the kind of horeshit that triggers the "shut the fuck up" requirement.
    Loren wrong if and when be denies it exits. But that can be dealt with much more straightforwardly than the sort of racist mentality you are pushing for. At least Loren will readily agree that violence against people based on the colour of their skin is inexcusable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •