Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama reportedly says he will speak out against Bernie if he gains a lead in the primary

1. Top | #21
    Archived
    Total Posts
    According to Fox News, everyone in the Democratic party is a far-left librul.

That's what my friends who watch Fox News tell me, anyway.

2. Top | #22
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post

Fake News! If it's Fox, they're always the "Dems".

3. Top | #23
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Axulus View Post
    President Obama privately said he would speak up to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) from becoming the Democratic presidential nominee, Politico reported Tuesday.
    But earlier this month, the former president warned the 2020 candidates of leaning too far left at a speaking engagement, saying "the average American doesn't think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ers-report?amp

I largely agree with Obama here. We need a candidate that wants to largely continue Obama's policies, not tax and spend the nation to death.
    I like this rebuttal:
    WATCH: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says 'When It Comes to Unlimited War We Seem to Be Able to Invent That Money Very Easily' - Second Nexus
    Laura Ingraham and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Have Radically Different Views on America's Problems
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Why Do We 'Write Blank Checks for War' But 'Our Pockets Are Empty' When It Comes to Medicare for All? | Common Dreams News

CNN Politics on Twitter: ""We only have empty pockets when it comes to the morally right things to do, but when it comes to tax cuts for billionaires and when it comes to unlimited war we seem to be able to invent that money very easily," Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says. https://t.co/cgpyxY7z1g https://t.co/dgVgv8EMRb" / Twitter
    We write unlimited blank checks for war. We just wrote a $2 trillion check for that GOP tax cut and nobody asked those folks how they are going to pay for it...Why is it that our pockets are only empty when it comes to education and health care for our kids? Why are our pockets only empty when we talk about 100 percent renewable energy that is going to save this planet and allow our children to thrive?... We only have empty pockets when it comes to the morally right things to do. When it comes to tax cuts for billionaires and when it comes to unlimited war, we seem to be able to invent that money very easily. To me, it belies a lack of moral priorities that people have right now, especially the Republican Party.

4. Top | #24
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post

Don't you mean Demonrats?

5. Top | #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post

Don't you mean Demonrats?
    That's Breitbart.

6. Top | #26
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Actually the FoxNews commentator said it.

7. Top | #27
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zorq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axulus View Post
    President Obama privately said he would speak up to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) from becoming the Democratic presidential nominee, Politico reported Tuesday.
    But earlier this month, the former president warned the 2020 candidates of leaning too far left at a speaking engagement, saying "the average American doesn't think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it."
    http://<br /> https://thehill.com/h...ers-report?amp

I largely agree with Obama here. We need a candidate that wants to largely continue Obama's policies, not tax and spend the nation to death.
    I agree with Obama's comment too, but I can't really agree with your comment. "Tax and spend" is roughly the government equivalent to a company "revenue and expenditure." It doesn't deserve the negative connotation that people give it. Governments do a lot of things better and more efficiently than the private sector as evidenced by dozens of countries with higher taxes and (believe it or not) higher citizen happiness than the US. There is no explicit reason to fear increased taxes spent on productive infrastructure and investment.

In any case I much prefer the "tax and spend" candidates to the "borrow and spend" candidates I see everywhere these days.
    Its not the "spend" (look at the gop's deficit)... its the "tax".

when I moved from NY to CO my property taxes dropped by 70%. My utility costs increased 100% (things that were included in my taxes in NY were paid separately in CO), and the services are shit now.. garbage pickup was 3 times a week in NY and you could drop half a house on the curb for pickup. in CO it is 1 time a week and bulk pickup is highly limited and 1 time a month.
    NY has great education and support / salary for teachers. CO is of the worst in the nation.

I rather pay the tax for great services than pay a la carte for everything and get nickel-and-dimed every month.