Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Driving Through Detroit's Worst Hood - Any Leftists Want To Defend This Sad Truth?

1. Top | #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    All joking aside, and in the interests of rational discussion, it is my understanding that at least some of the racial differences in intelligence may indeed be due to genetics.
    Your understanding is incorrect. First of all, there is only one race that we all belong to, so it fails from the outset. In regard to any differences on a genetic level, they could only ever be familial and not from another species. So far as I know, humans cannot successfully mate with any other race of creatures on this planet.
    I’m already aware of some of the biological limitations of the word race, and use it in discussions here as a convenient approximate descriptor only, possibly even colloquially.

You could call my use of it incorrect, yes. Other group terms might be better. I’m not sure any are non-fuzzy.
    Last edited by ruby sparks; 12-05-2019 at 12:45 AM.

2. Top | #182
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RVonse View Post
    The only comment I would have about the OP. For some reason, this reminds me of my daily commute. And there exists cultures where it seems to be perfectly ok to walk down the middle of the street at 2 am. I work at a steel mill located in a very poor neighborhood but live in a very upscale neighborhood. And during my daily commutes, it is actually easier to miss stray deer in the street (in my neighborhood) than it is to miss jay walkers crossing the streets (by the steel mill). They are usually black people dressed in black, seeming not care one bit whether they might get hit by a car. I've had some close calls scaring the crap out of me. And close calls with hitting deer too but at least the deer seem to care about not wanting to be run down. The jay walkers seem to act like it is their road and the cars are not supposed to be there.
    I had a close call with one of those types--45 mph 6 + center turn lane street, a decent amount of traffic, yet he crossed anyway. If I hadn't gotten a split-second flash of him in the headlights of another vehicle (my own headlights only showed him at about 1 second despite my knowing he was there) he would have been dead.

(And for those who think this is racist--he would have been much easier to spot if he wasn't black.)
    Eh, maybe. But the very white but oh, so clad in head to toe black students in my neighborhood are awfullly hard to see at night. That’s discounting those with beards. Very little skin exposed in my area in winter. At night it really doesn’t matter what color someone is.
    True, if it's cold enough race is irrelevant. The guy I nearly killed had a fair amount of skin exposed, I would have seen him much farther out if he had been white, or even typical American "black". He was African black, though.

3. Top | #183
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Or here's a different question. How come studies show no (or no significant) difference in intelligence between black human infants and white ones, when a small set of controls (for age, socio-economic status, home environment and prenatal environment) are in place?
    Because the problems that are typically portrayed as racial factors are really cultural factors. Asians aren't more intelligent, it's just a lot of Asian cultures put a high value on education. Blacks aren't less intelligent, it's that inner city life puts a very low value on education. IQ tests can only test manifested intelligence, not potential intelligence. (And note that Africa has a big problem with malaria. Enough battles with malaria will leave a permanent mark on one's intelligence. Drugs are probably also a factor in inner-city intelligence.)

4. Top | #184
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Or here's a different question. How come studies show no (or no significant) difference in intelligence between black human infants and white ones, when a small set of controls (for age, socio-economic status, home environment and prenatal environment) are in place?
    You realize the right laughs at the phrase "socioeconomic factors," right? Sociology isn't a real science. Only leftists believe it.
    While there is a lot of bad research from the social sciences they are real. The reason we so commonly refer to socioeconomic factors is that when you investigate disparities between white and black you almost always find that money and social position are the true factors, race is simply a proxy for them.