Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Violence during consensual sex has become normalised

  1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    3,921
    Rep Power
    22

    Violence during consensual sex has become normalised

    The consequences of young men having unfettered access to hardcore porn may be coming home to roost;

    Violence during consensual sex has become normalised, campaigners have warned. It comes after more than a third of UK women under the age of 40 have experienced unwanted slapping, choking, gagging or spitting during consensual sex, research for BBC Radio 5 Live suggests.
    Steven Pope is a psychotherapist specialising in sex and relationships. He told 5 Live that he deals with the negative impact of the rise of acts of these kinds "day in, day out". "It's a silent epidemic. People do it because they think it's the norm but it can be very harmful. What we see is that for many, it devalues the relationship but - at its worst - violence becomes acceptable."
    BBC

  2. Top | #2
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,196
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    67,669
    Rep Power
    100
    What does porn have to do with making what is cleary dehumanizing acts normalized? Slapping, spitting, gagging are brute force acts and should be understood by anyone that they are harmful and degrading.

    If anything this is more indicative that porn has become awful (more like Japanese porn) because this stuff is becoming mainstream in it and there is nothing arousing from pain or discomfort.

  3. Top | #3
    Contributor ruby sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    6,500
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    What does porn have to do with making what is cleary dehumanizing acts normalized? Slapping, spitting, gagging are brute force acts and should be understood by anyone that they are harmful and degrading.

    If anything this is more indicative that porn has become awful (more like Japanese porn) because this stuff is becoming mainstream in it and there is nothing arousing from pain or discomfort.
    That’s not the problem, apparently. For many women, it is arousing. According to the article, approximately as many women are ok with it as aren’t. Part of the problem, I think, is some men incorrectly assuming they’re having sex with one of the former and not the latter. And there are probably cases where they aren’t even making that assumption, they’re just being deliberately abusive.

  4. Top | #4
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    5,367
    Rep Power
    14
    Been saying that for years.

    The problem is we have no healthy sex ed programs. We tech kids to wipe butts, bathe, and brush teeth but not how to have sex.

    Historically Christians fought tooth and nail against sex ed in public schools.

  5. Top | #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    55
    Archived
    967
    Total Posts
    1,022
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    What does porn have to do with making what is cleary dehumanizing acts normalized? Slapping, spitting, gagging are brute force acts and should be understood by anyone that they are harmful and degrading.

    If anything this is more indicative that porn has become awful (more like Japanese porn) because this stuff is becoming mainstream in it and there is nothing arousing from pain or discomfort.
    That’s not the problem, apparently. For many women, it is arousing. According to the article, approximately as many women are ok with it as aren’t. Part of the problem, I think, is some men incorrectly assuming they’re having sex with one of the former and not the latter. And there are probably cases where they aren’t even making that assumption, they’re just being deliberately abusive.
    As someone who does a lot of online dating, it feels like way more than 50%. I am not a kinky guy, and I have no desire for pain during sex, but the number of women who say they do on the compatibility questions is just crazy shocking. It makes it kind of intimidating: I don't want crazy S&M sex, but almost everyone I find otherwise interesting seems to be really into that kind of thing.

  6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA, California
    Posts
    2,919
    Archived
    5,710
    Total Posts
    8,629
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    What does porn have to do with making what is cleary dehumanizing acts normalized? Slapping, spitting, gagging are brute force acts and should be understood by anyone that they are harmful and degrading.

    If anything this is more indicative that porn has become awful (more like Japanese porn) because this stuff is becoming mainstream in it and there is nothing arousing from pain or discomfort.
    That’s not the problem, apparently. For many women, it is arousing. According to the article, approximately as many women are ok with it as aren’t. Part of the problem, I think, is some men incorrectly assuming they’re having sex with one of the former and not the latter. And there are probably cases where they aren’t even making that assumption, they’re just being deliberately abusive.
    As someone who does a lot of online dating, it feels like way more than 50%. I am not a kinky guy, and I have no desire for pain during sex, but the number of women who say they do on the compatibility questions is just crazy shocking. It makes it kind of intimidating: I don't want crazy S&M sex, but almost everyone I find otherwise interesting seems to be really into that kind of thing.
    Yup. I have the same experience, and I'm pretty much the poster child for a millennial that has consumed way too much pornography from an early age. I've never had any desire to choke or hit someone during sex, but the amount of girls/women who are really into that was shocking.

    Of course, it may seem like a lot because of the type of woman who is willing to fuck me tends to be the type who is into that.

  7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member Lion IRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,897
    Rep Power
    18
    Pity the woke brigade has such a problem with the idea of conversion therapy, otherwise we could treat people for these kinds of abnormal unwanted sexual inclinations.

  8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    2,236
    Archived
    7,588
    Total Posts
    9,824
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    Pity the woke brigade has such a problem with the idea of conversion therapy, otherwise we could treat people for these kinds of abnormal unwanted sexual inclinations.
    Those do not seem to be sexual inclinations unwanted by the people who have them (at least, not in the cases under discussion), so they would not want treatment. Or are you suggesting the forced treatment?

  9. Top | #9
    Contributor ruby sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    6,500
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    Pity the woke brigade has such a problem with the idea of conversion therapy, otherwise we could treat people for these kinds of abnormal unwanted sexual inclinations.
    Lol. Good one. That is so funny, and wrong, it's sick.

    But, if your definition of 'woke' is 'evidence-based thinking instead of a load of bollocks written in a really, really old book by people who knew dang all about the relevant stuff' then that makes a sort of sense.

    In that case, what's up next for the woke brigade? Casting doubt on charms and spells?

  10. Top | #10
    Contributor skepticalbip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Posts
    5,230
    Archived
    12,976
    Total Posts
    18,206
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion IRC View Post
    Pity the woke brigade has such a problem with the idea of conversion therapy, otherwise we could treat people for these kinds of abnormal unwanted sexual inclinations.
    You seem to have misread. It was pointed out that some people want this sort of sex. Or did you mean by 'unwanted' that you don't want them to want it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •