Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Why YEC can seem plausible

1. Top | #111
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Why does a three dimensional object need have corners? Seems to me that to have corners two dimensions need be recognized as antecedent to three dimensional existence. We can down scale three to two for processing because we have two eyes and two ears but we reconstruct two to three in the brain for precept of existence within which we navigate.

2. Top | #112
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post

I forgot, in the NT it says go out and convert others.
    Which is so weird, because it seems to say, "without any evidence." Turning into a perfect recipe for false beliefs. Errors in conviction, errors in transmission, errors in understanding. And an eternal punishment if you get it wrong.

It's all so implausible that a god would do that.
    Er, implausible that a benevolent god would do that.
    It might just be a matter of observation. In my experience it seems that some people are naturally gifted with good observational skills. A person with an affinity for woo, however, is going to observe what their presumptions and comfort zone want to see, not what is there. They're not observing evidence and then coming to a conclusion about what they see. Rather, they are finding reinforcement for their biases because they are unable to put observation before conclusion. It's as good as their brain will ever get on the issue, purely a case of natural selection.

3. Top | #113
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    In my experience it seems that some people are naturally gifted with good observational skills. A person with an affinity for woo, however, is going to observe what their presumptions and comfort zone want to see, not what is there.
    A hot redhead drove me across Charleston to a party one day. We talked the entire way, and i distinctly remembered enjoying the red lights we stopped at, because that meant more time alone with her. I wasn't formally counting the reds, but we hit quite a few. Small yay.
    At the party, she started talking to a friend just inside the door. They were both practicing Positive Visualisation, and my ride was reporting great success.
    Seems she had visualized hitting all green lights on the drive over, the ride we had just taken, "And we hit almost exclusively green lights! Maybe two red!"

Uh......huh.....

4. Top | #114
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    In my experience it seems that some people are naturally gifted with good observational skills. A person with an affinity for woo, however, is going to observe what their presumptions and comfort zone want to see, not what is there.
    A hot redhead drove me across Charleston to a party one day. We talked the entire way, and i distinctly remembered enjoying the red lights we stopped at, because that meant more time alone with her. I wasn't formally counting the reds, but we hit quite a few. Small yay.
    At the party, she started talking to a friend just inside the door. They were both practicing Positive Visualisation, and my ride was reporting great success.
    Seems she had visualized hitting all green lights on the drive over, the ride we had just taken, "And we hit almost exclusively green lights! Maybe two red!"

Uh......huh.....
    We've pretty much all dated and taken a few rides with Amy G. Dala. For the most part I enjoyed the hell out of mine and never let her get me into too much trouble. But the experiences were most pleasant.