Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Gay Activist Dies By Suicide After LGBT Mob Hounds Him For Protesting Drag Queen Story Hour

  1. Top | #41
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    17,451
    Archived
    41,943
    Total Posts
    59,394
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    It's very strange to me how drag queens claim they are men, but they just like dressing up as women. Then we have trans women who insist they are women because they like to dress up as women. Then we have trans women who dress up like men and still say they are women.

    A lot of them claim they are breaking down gender norms, but is dressing like a stereotypical woman really breaking down gender norms? Sounds like it's enforcing the norms.

    This stuff can hurt your brain trying to think about the inconsistency of it all.
    Given how poorly you appear to think about these issues, I suggest you stop thinking about them to relieve your pain.
    In my view the optics seem more like, "Half's making great points. Rather than think about them, I will ridicule him."
    That made me laugh so hard that my brain hurt.

  2. Top | #42
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Whale's Vagina
    Posts
    5,397
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/16...en-story-hour/

    "The LGBT mob and media simply cannot see that they are the source of hatred and bullying. Their movement has built a toxic culture of political dissent."


    "A young man ends his own life, and hundreds of people cheer and laugh, confident in their assessment that he was a bad person and therefore, the world is better without him. It seems the internet has created a generation wherein cruel comments and self-righteous indignation are as freely posted and forgotten as emojis in a text. But these words last forever, and they show us the world in which we live. Cruelty as social justice? The leaders of the left stay silent."


    This is such a tragedy. This is a perfect example of leftists bullying someone to their death, but they complain it's the conservatives who are the bad ones.

    This conservative was gay and a part of the LGBT community and still, it wasn't enough for them just because he denounced drag queens. That's a reason to bully the kid to his death?

    Do any leftists on this board have remorse that he's gone? Will any of you guys change your tune and admit that maybe....just maybe...leftists go too far? Curious for your thoughts.
    Curious whether you show such concern and outrage every one of the thousands of times every single year that LGBT people take their lives because of the intolerant hateful bigotry espoused by conservatives under the guise of religious expression, including by every single priest or pastor who calls homosexuality a sin or every single republican who votes to treat gays like subhumans without equal rights. If you have given support to religious or political leaders who oppose gay marriage and other rights, then you have causally contributed to tens of thousands of suicides by gay people.

  3. Top | #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    In my view the optics seem more like, "Half's making great points. Rather than think about them, I will ridicule him."
    Have you ever been diagnosed with Narcissistic personality disorder? Unlike TDS it is actually a real thing. It could explain why you argue how you do.

    Just something to think about.
    It is certainly getting close to an actual problem:

    "A Florida woman stabbed herself repeatedly because she’s ‘tired of living in Trump’s country’"
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...6qi-story.html

    Wouldn't you agree this woman was suffering from an extreme case of TDS? Hating Trump THAT MUCH to the point of stabbing yourself lends credence to our side, not the left's side.

  4. Top | #44
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,011
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    66
    Still not making good points champ. I think "inconsistencies" make your head hurt because you are incapable of focusing your attention on any particular subject for a meaningful period of time.

  5. Top | #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,198
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/16...en-story-hour/

    "The LGBT mob and media simply cannot see that they are the source of hatred and bullying. Their movement has built a toxic culture of political dissent."


    "A young man ends his own life, and hundreds of people cheer and laugh, confident in their assessment that he was a bad person and therefore, the world is better without him. It seems the internet has created a generation wherein cruel comments and self-righteous indignation are as freely posted and forgotten as emojis in a text. But these words last forever, and they show us the world in which we live. Cruelty as social justice? The leaders of the left stay silent."


    This is such a tragedy. This is a perfect example of leftists bullying someone to their death, but they complain it's the conservatives who are the bad ones.

    This conservative was gay and a part of the LGBT community and still, it wasn't enough for them just because he denounced drag queens. That's a reason to bully the kid to his death?

    Do any leftists on this board have remorse that he's gone? Will any of you guys change your tune and admit that maybe....just maybe...leftists go too far? Curious for your thoughts.
    Curious whether you show such concern and outrage every one of the thousands of times every single year that LGBT people take their lives because of the intolerant hateful bigotry espoused by conservatives under the guise of religious expression, including by every single priest or pastor who calls homosexuality a sin or every single republican who votes to treat gays like subhumans without equal rights. If you have given support to religious or political leaders who oppose gay marriage and other rights, then you have causally contributed to tens of thousands of suicides by gay people.
    There's a difference between calling it a sin and actively bullying them. For example, robbery is a sin. Not all robbers kill themselves over this, though. They know people view them as sinful. If it doesn't affect the robbers, it shouldn't affect the gays. They know we think it's a sin.

    But, nobody I know goes up to robbers and actively bullies them.

  6. Top | #46
    My Brane Hertz spikepipsqueak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,688
    Archived
    8,811
    Total Posts
    12,499
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    But, nobody I know goes up to robbers and actively bullies them.
    You are conflating an example of actual wrongdoing, which is punishable by law and is punished if detected, with the marginalisation of a large proportion of the population who lead blameless lives, by people who just have to tell others what they can and cannot do and be.

    You're right. There is a difference between calling it a sin and actively bullying them. You seem to be arguing against yourself.

    To add: to conduct a rowdy protest at a pre-school story time is to predictably take the risk of frightening little kids. Uni students are not notably sensitive, and probably didn't even consider the potential outcome when planning the protest. That goes double for right wing kids who typically are from more entitled backgrounds and it reflects in their personalities.

    I am sorry this young man has taken his own life, but there is some irony in comparing the bullying he was handing out and the bullying he was unable to withstand when he was on the receiving end.

  7. Top | #47
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Whale's Vagina
    Posts
    5,397
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/16...en-story-hour/

    "The LGBT mob and media simply cannot see that they are the source of hatred and bullying. Their movement has built a toxic culture of political dissent."


    "A young man ends his own life, and hundreds of people cheer and laugh, confident in their assessment that he was a bad person and therefore, the world is better without him. It seems the internet has created a generation wherein cruel comments and self-righteous indignation are as freely posted and forgotten as emojis in a text. But these words last forever, and they show us the world in which we live. Cruelty as social justice? The leaders of the left stay silent."


    This is such a tragedy. This is a perfect example of leftists bullying someone to their death, but they complain it's the conservatives who are the bad ones.

    This conservative was gay and a part of the LGBT community and still, it wasn't enough for them just because he denounced drag queens. That's a reason to bully the kid to his death?

    Do any leftists on this board have remorse that he's gone? Will any of you guys change your tune and admit that maybe....just maybe...leftists go too far? Curious for your thoughts.
    Curious whether you show such concern and outrage every one of the thousands of times every single year that LGBT people take their lives because of the intolerant hateful bigotry espoused by conservatives under the guise of religious expression, including by every single priest or pastor who calls homosexuality a sin or every single republican who votes to treat gays like subhumans without equal rights. If you have given support to religious or political leaders who oppose gay marriage and other rights, then you have causally contributed to tens of thousands of suicides by gay people.
    There's a difference between calling it a sin and actively bullying them. For example, robbery is a sin. Not all robbers kill themselves over this, though. They know people view them as sinful. If it doesn't affect the robbers, it shouldn't affect the gays. They know we think it's a sin.
    So, it's not bullying just b/c you being a Christian means that they should know that you are a hateful bigot who thinks they should suffer for eternity for the private actions that harm nobody? No, that just means that you bully them so constantly and you are defined by your hateful bullying, so that they aren't surprised by it. Telling someone that their actions are sinful is to tell them that they are damned and deserve to be damned. It's worse than anything those trans activists said to this guy. You're just saying that Christians are so constantly and predictably hateful, mean, and bullying that their victims should be used to it.

    But the evidence is overwhelming that your Christian treatment of gays causes tens of thousands of suicides every year.

    Your false equivalence to "robbers" presumes that punching a person who is trying to rob you is the same as punching a person because they are gay.Which just shows how dangerously immoral your worldview is.

  8. Top | #48
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    5,565
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    16,539
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by spikepipsqueak View Post
    To add: to conduct a rowdy protest at a pre-school story time is to predictably take the risk of frightening little kids. Uni students are not notably sensitive, and probably didn't even consider the potential outcome when planning the protest. That goes double for right wing kids who typically are from more entitled backgrounds and it reflects in their personalities.

    I am sorry this young man has taken his own life, but there is some irony in comparing the bullying he was handing out and the bullying he was unable to withstand when he was on the receiving end.
    There's no irony, because he didn't bully anybody. But even if he did, the comparison wouldn't be apt. After all, neither of the drag queens at the event felt bullied enough to take their own lives, despite the claims they felt 'unsafe'.

  9. Top | #49
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    5,565
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    16,539
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post

    So, it's not bullying just b/c they know that you are a hateful bigot who thinks they should suffer for eternity for the private actions that harm nobody? No, that just means that you bully them so constantly and you are defined by your hateful bullying that they aren't surprised by it. Telling someone that their actions are sinful is to tell them that they are damned and deserve to be damned. It's worse than anything those trans activists said to this guy. Your just saying that Christians are so constantly and predictably hateful, mean, and bullying that they should be used to it.
    It wasn't only trans activists who bullied him. He was bullied, I'm certain, by hundreds of virtue-signalling poseurs on Facebook and Twitter who are not trans activists, but who know which side of the bullying divide they're allowed to be on.

    And yes, Christians, and Muslims, and whoever else telling gay people they are going to go to hell is so laughably stupid I can't believe people waste a single fucking moment thinking about it. You may as well tell me Zeus watches me masturbate and cries tears which turn into lies. "God punishes sodomites" is not any kind of threat at all, because it's complete fantasy.

  10. Top | #50
    My Brane Hertz spikepipsqueak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,688
    Archived
    8,811
    Total Posts
    12,499
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    There's no irony, because he didn't bully anybody. But even if he did, the comparison wouldn't be apt. After all, neither of the drag queens at the event felt bullied enough to take their own lives, despite the claims they felt 'unsafe'.
    Dunno.

    To protest against the gov'ts lack of response to the threat of climate change is political activism. To protest because a drag queen is involved in their community to the extent of leading a pre-school story time looks remarkably like bullying of individuals. That's trying to impose your own code of conduct on people who are engaged in living their own lives in a completely victimless way.

    I'm not defending the abuse that was directed at him on social media, that is indefensible, but so is the fact that he felt entitled to dictate other individuals' actions.

    And you can't argue that his actions were OK because no-one committed suicide on the strength of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •