Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: Gay Activist Dies By Suicide After LGBT Mob Hounds Him For Protesting Drag Queen Story Hour

  1. Top | #51
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,676
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,926
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    There's a difference between calling it a sin and actively bullying them. For example, robbery is a sin. Not all robbers kill themselves over this, though. They know people view them as sinful. If it doesn't affect the robbers, it shouldn't affect the gays. They know we think it's a sin.
    So, it's not bullying just b/c you being a Christian means that they should know that you are a hateful bigot who thinks they should suffer for eternity for the private actions that harm nobody? No, that just means that you bully them so constantly and you are defined by your hateful bullying, so that they aren't surprised by it. Telling someone that their actions are sinful is to tell them that they are damned and deserve to be damned. It's worse than anything those trans activists said to this guy. You're just saying that Christians are so constantly and predictably hateful, mean, and bullying that their victims should be used to it.

    But the evidence is overwhelming that your Christian treatment of gays causes tens of thousands of suicides every year.

    Your false equivalence to "robbers" presumes that punching a person who is trying to rob you is the same as punching a person because they are gay.Which just shows how dangerously immoral your worldview is.
    Who said I think they are damned forever? Who said I want that for gays? Who said I think they deserve to be damned?
    You're putting a lot of words into my mouth. Me believing that being gay is a sin (according to God) in no way implies any of those things. You have a lot to learn about Christianity.

  2. Top | #52
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,676
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,926
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikepipsqueak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    But, nobody I know goes up to robbers and actively bullies them.
    You are conflating an example of actual wrongdoing, which is punishable by law and is punished if detected, with the marginalisation of a large proportion of the population who lead blameless lives, by people who just have to tell others what they can and cannot do and be.

    You're right. There is a difference between calling it a sin and actively bullying them. You seem to be arguing against yourself.

    To add: to conduct a rowdy protest at a pre-school story time is to predictably take the risk of frightening little kids. Uni students are not notably sensitive, and probably didn't even consider the potential outcome when planning the protest. That goes double for right wing kids who typically are from more entitled backgrounds and it reflects in their personalities.

    I am sorry this young man has taken his own life, but there is some irony in comparing the bullying he was handing out and the bullying he was unable to withstand when he was on the receiving end.
    You are right. I don't believe we should have laws that promote violence against the gays. What I believe is that God determines the judgment. If God allows a gay into Heaven, I will sound the trumpet myself.

  3. Top | #53
    My Brane Hertz spikepipsqueak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,254
    Archived
    8,811
    Total Posts
    12,065
    Rep Power
    51
    Having said that, surely you leave that decision to god and go about living your life according to the tenets of peace and tolerance that Jesus proposed, rather than promoting dissent between social groupings at every opportunity?
    My Brane Hertz

  4. Top | #54
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,046
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    There's a difference between calling it a sin and actively bullying them. For example, robbery is a sin. Not all robbers kill themselves over this, though. They know people view them as sinful. If it doesn't affect the robbers, it shouldn't affect the gays. They know we think it's a sin.
    So, it's not bullying just b/c you being a Christian means that they should know that you are a hateful bigot who thinks they should suffer for eternity for the private actions that harm nobody? No, that just means that you bully them so constantly and you are defined by your hateful bullying, so that they aren't surprised by it. Telling someone that their actions are sinful is to tell them that they are damned and deserve to be damned. It's worse than anything those trans activists said to this guy. You're just saying that Christians are so constantly and predictably hateful, mean, and bullying that their victims should be used to it.

    But the evidence is overwhelming that your Christian treatment of gays causes tens of thousands of suicides every year.

    Your false equivalence to "robbers" presumes that punching a person who is trying to rob you is the same as punching a person because they are gay.Which just shows how dangerously immoral your worldview is.
    Who said I think they are damned forever? Who said I want that for gays? Who said I think they deserve to be damned? You're putting a lot of words into my mouth. Me believing that being gay is a sin (according to God) in no way implies any of those things. You have a lot to learn about Christianity.
    God doesn't exist, so all your beliefs about him are just shit you want to believe is true. Thus, everything you claim about God and homosexuality is nothing but your personal views. Any Christian who claims God thinks homosexuality is sinful and who thinks that sins will damn a person or prevent them from entering heaven is merely expressing their own personal bigotry against gays and their view that being gay makes them lesser and worthy of such treatment / exclusion. Theism is just a dishonest way to judge people and wish punishments on them without having the decency to take responsibility for it. The fact that you are so oblivious about your own selfish motives that you've conned yourself into actually believing that you're just following God's will rather than inventing God's will, doesn't in any way reduce your actual moral responsibility for those judgments and threats that you endorse in his name. Endorsing what "God thinks" or "The Bible says" is no different than saying "I think", except that the latter is more honest. If this wasn't true, then you would say "God/the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, but I think that is intolerant bigotry and we should tell God and the Bible to fuck off." That's what any decent person would do.

  5. Top | #55
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,926
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/16...en-story-hour/

    "The LGBT mob and media simply cannot see that they are the source of hatred and bullying. Their movement has built a toxic culture of political dissent."


    "A young man ends his own life, and hundreds of people cheer and laugh, confident in their assessment that he was a bad person and therefore, the world is better without him. It seems the internet has created a generation wherein cruel comments and self-righteous indignation are as freely posted and forgotten as emojis in a text. But these words last forever, and they show us the world in which we live. Cruelty as social justice? The leaders of the left stay silent."


    This is such a tragedy. This is a perfect example of leftists bullying someone to their death, but they complain it's the conservatives who are the bad ones.

    This conservative was gay and a part of the LGBT community and still, it wasn't enough for them just because he denounced drag queens. That's a reason to bully the kid to his death?

    Do any leftists on this board have remorse that he's gone? Will any of you guys change your tune and admit that maybe....just maybe...leftists go too far? Curious for your thoughts.
    I am waiting for our leader in the area of anti-bullying, our First Lady Herself, opine on this. waiting... waiting... waiting...

  6. Top | #56
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    16,553
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    19,587
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/16...en-story-hour/

    "The LGBT mob and media simply cannot see that they are the source of hatred and bullying. Their movement has built a toxic culture of political dissent."


    "A young man ends his own life, and hundreds of people cheer and laugh, confident in their assessment that he was a bad person and therefore, the world is better without him. It seems the internet has created a generation wherein cruel comments and self-righteous indignation are as freely posted and forgotten as emojis in a text. But these words last forever, and they show us the world in which we live. Cruelty as social justice? The leaders of the left stay silent."


    This is such a tragedy. This is a perfect example of leftists bullying someone to their death, but they complain it's the conservatives who are the bad ones.

    This conservative was gay and a part of the LGBT community and still, it wasn't enough for them just because he denounced drag queens. That's a reason to bully the kid to his death?

    Do any leftists on this board have remorse that he's gone? Will any of you guys change your tune and admit that maybe....just maybe...leftists go too far? Curious for your thoughts.
    I am waiting for our leader in the area of anti-bullying, our First Lady Herself, opine on this. waiting... waiting... waiting...
    I don't care. Do you?
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  7. Top | #57
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,046
    Rep Power
    26
    Besides the pathetic hypocrisy of any conservative Christian pretending to care about a gay person being bullied (claiming God objects to homosexuality is just blaming your bullying on someone else), there is the fact that this man wasn't bullied for being gay. He was verbally chastised and ridiculed for his specific actions that could cause tangible harm to others. That is not what the concept of "bullying" generally refers to, which is when a person is targeted b/c of some innate feature of themselves that is different or b/c they are weaker.

    He got up in people's faces and told them that they shouldn't be allowed to be around kids. And in the past, he has tried to rob gays of their basic equal civil rights. His actions are far closer to the meaning of bullying than the words spoken against him for his bullying and harmful actions.

    So, either this guy wasn't bullied b/c why the person was targeted is a defining feature of the concept, or "bullying" isn't inherently negative b/c it would apply equally to someone being chastised and criticized for harming other people.

    Some people should be chastised, shamed, and ridiculed for what they say and do to try and cause harm to others who have done nothing to harm anyone. It's an act of self defense and a ethical protection of others. Was telling him to kill himself (especially given the high suicide rate of gays due to bullying from right wingers) excessive? Probably, although plenty of people should be highly encouraged to kill themselves, including a large % of conservatives who do numerous things to try and cause harm to millions of innocent people. And the post-suicide comments about him actually killing himself over his own self-loathing for being gay are likely accurate, with the public shame over the viral video of him being a trigger. The shame caused to him his whole life by conservatives and Christians engaging in actual bullying of homosexuals likely had a far larger causal role in his suicide than what was said to him for his harmful actions and bigotry.

  8. Top | #58
    Veteran Member Lion IRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    18
    Victim blaming much?

  9. Top | #59
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,926
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/16...en-story-hour/

    "The LGBT mob and media simply cannot see that they are the source of hatred and bullying. Their movement has built a toxic culture of political dissent."


    "A young man ends his own life, and hundreds of people cheer and laugh, confident in their assessment that he was a bad person and therefore, the world is better without him. It seems the internet has created a generation wherein cruel comments and self-righteous indignation are as freely posted and forgotten as emojis in a text. But these words last forever, and they show us the world in which we live. Cruelty as social justice? The leaders of the left stay silent."


    This is such a tragedy. This is a perfect example of leftists bullying someone to their death, but they complain it's the conservatives who are the bad ones.

    This conservative was gay and a part of the LGBT community and still, it wasn't enough for them just because he denounced drag queens. That's a reason to bully the kid to his death?

    Do any leftists on this board have remorse that he's gone? Will any of you guys change your tune and admit that maybe....just maybe...leftists go too far? Curious for your thoughts.
    I am waiting for our leader in the area of anti-bullying, our First Lady Herself, opine on this. waiting... waiting... waiting...
    I don't care. Do you?
    My question was, "Does she".

  10. Top | #60
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,166
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,395
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

    I don't care. Do you?
    My question was, "Does she".
    *cough*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •