Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz accused of creating sex game with 'points' for sleeping with staff

1. Top | #11
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The thread is about hypocrisy, not strict standards.

I am not surprised Derec and Half-Life say the same thing though.

2. Top | #12
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    No thread is complete without a “whataboutism”.
    I didn't intend to whatabout. I was merely pointing out that for all the "party of family values" stereotypes, it is increasingly Democrats/the Left who are doing the pearl clutching over things sexual. Mostly due to the toxic feminism endemic there.

3. Top | #13
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    The thread is about hypocrisy, not strict standards.
    I do not know this Matt Gaetz guy. Did he say something before that makes him a hypocrite?
    I am not surprised Derec and Half-Life say the same thing though.
    We agree maybe 20%-25% of the time.

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    You guys realize games are fake, right?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. There's this game called Grand Theft Auto and you can shoot innocent people on the sidewalk in that game.

Oh no!!!

What's with the Democrats becoming the Puritans all of a sudden? They always claimed religious groups went out of control with what they got offended about. I guess you become what you hate....
    This. This is why I feed the trolls. Are you not entertained?
    I'm not being a troll. I'm making valid points. Democrats are beyond sensitive these days.
    Halfie, you spend quite a lot of time here posting what the Left thinks or believes.
    Do you think you could use this massive insight to tell us what, exactly, bothers 'The Left' about a sex game among state reps?

5. Top | #15
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    What I want to know is, what does the latest scoreboard show? Exactly who has how many points, and is there a breakdown of how they scored?

6. Top | #16
    Archived
    Total Posts

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. There's this game called Grand Theft Auto and you can shoot innocent people on the sidewalk in that game.

Oh no!!!

What's with the Democrats becoming the Puritans all of a sudden? They always claimed religious groups went out of control with what they got offended about. I guess you become what you hate....
    Sounds like an interesting game. As with any game, there must be strategies for scoring more points than your opponents. Since this is a game which involves real people and not pixels on a monitor, I imagine the gameplay would be a little different than GTA.

What do you think a good strategy might be, if you were an elected official, or on the staff of an elected official? Your targets are lobbyists, other staff and elected officials, with the most points awarded for having sex with someone whose career could be ended if it were discovered.

There's no saving the game and no starting over.

What's your first move?

7. Top | #17
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Oh no!!!
    With real cars, guns, and people? Cool!

8. Top | #18
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeage View Post
    It sounds like a scheme concocted by a group of high school boys who have no girl friends and a case of beer.
    I don't even want to imagine the skank who would have sex with that piece of shit.

9. Top | #19
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    I didn't intend to whatabout. I was merely pointing out that for all the "party of family values" stereotypes, it is increasingly Democrats/the Left who are doing the pearl clutching over things sexual. Mostly due to the toxic feminism endemic there.
    No. You fail. Entirely. Do not pass go, do not collect any fake internet points, go directly to fail.

Dems generally don't give a shit about most things sexual in terms of someone sleeping with someone consensually. The key point that democrats care about consent, something that doesn't exist in any situation involving a continuing imbalance of power, as consent requires symmetry of information and leverage.

The issue the left has with republicans is that they do not operate by their publicly stated principles. Republicans were the ones who decide to talk at length about "sexual morality" and "family values". If the republicans talked at length about cleaning and preserving the environment and then proceeded to dump oil in their back yards, we would talk about that instead. We're more about the hypocrisy than the sex.

Personally, I wouldn't give two shits if a politician came out publicly as being a diaper fetishist who liked his poopy bum spanked by a law Vegas prostitute, provided that they didn't attempt to pass legislation against any of those things.

This is mostly due to the fact that the GOP is rife with hypocrisy.

10. Top | #20
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    No. You fail. Entirely. Do not pass go, do not collect any fake internet points, go directly to fail.

Dems generally don't give a shit about most things sexual in terms of someone sleeping with someone consensually. The key point that democrats care about consent, something that doesn't exist in any situation involving a continuing imbalance of power, as consent requires symmetry of information and leverage.

The issue the left has with republicans is that they do not operate by their publicly stated principles. Republicans were the ones who decide to talk at length about "sexual morality" and "family values". If the republicans talked at length about cleaning and preserving the environment and then proceeded to dump oil in their back yards, we would talk about that instead. We're more about the hypocrisy than the sex.

Personally, I wouldn't give two shits if a politician came out publicly as being a diaper fetishist who liked his poopy bum spanked by a law Vegas prostitute, provided that they didn't attempt to pass legislation against any of those things.

This is mostly due to the fact that the GOP is rife with hypocrisy.
    He does have a point as relates to "sex work". Republicans want to say prostitution is bad even as they patronize hookers. Democrats just want to take money out of the equation, in a token nod to what Derec calls "toxic feminism". Neither party actually wants to examine or address the conditions that drive women to prostitution.