Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Breaking Video of Men Doing Ship-Breaking Jobs. What do the Feminists on this board think?

1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Heart Breaking Video of Men Doing Ship-Breaking Jobs. What do the Feminists on this board think?

This is a terrible video which shows the grueling conditions these men work in just to get a few dollars per day.

While watching this, I started noticing the hypocrisy of feminists. How come they don't fight to do jobs like these?

I saw this comment on the video and I realized other people can notice it right away too:

"Is this the male privilege feminists talk about? I wish feminists fought for equal representation in ship breaking yards, instead of equal representation in fortune 500 companies."

There's something deeply wrong with feminists saying that it's OK to leave the hard dirty jobs to the men while they only fight for the cushy air conditioned office jobs.

What are your thoughts on this?

(View video on YouTube)

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I think you're adorable.

3. Top | #3
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Hahaha. It's going to be funny when the usual suspects agree with him.

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    I think you're adorable.
    No point about it?

We can see why feminists wouldn't want to do the ship-breaking jobs. After all, they are complaining that air conditioning is sexist in office buildings now. Imagine the demands they would make at the shipyard if they can barely get through the work day in an office because the AC is a little too cold.

I am just trying to show people that feminism is a scam that was never about equality. I don't want men falling for it getting duped anymore. It's propaganda.

5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I am amazed that you can see videos like this and think gender rather than geography. Have you ever done a job like this, working in these sort of conditions? Come with me on my next trip to southeast asia and I'll hook you up. Philippines or Cambodia? Your choice. I have connections that'll land you a job like this in either.

6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    I think you're adorable.
    No point about it?

We can see why feminists wouldn't want to do the ship-breaking jobs. After all, they are complaining that air conditioning is sexist in office buildings now. Imagine the demands they would make at the shipyard if they can barely get through the work day in an office because the AC is a little too cold.

I am just trying to show people that feminism is a scam that was never about equality. I don't want men falling for it getting duped anymore. It's propaganda.
    I assure you, the women from the families these men are from are not sitting in offices complaining about the air conditioning being too much. Nor are they complaining about manspreading or mansplaining. I don't think you'd want to live the lives of the women who live in the location and at the economic status these men have. They very much DO need feminism. Not all feminism is the ridiculous stuff you see on buzzfeed or on this board.

7. Top | #7
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    I think you're adorable.
    No point about it?

I assure you, the women from the families these men are from are not sitting in offices complaining about the air conditioning being too much. Nor are they complaining about manspreading or mansplaining. I don't think you'd want to live the lives of the women who live in the location and at the economic status these men have. They very much DO need feminism. Not all feminism is the ridiculous stuff you see on buzzfeed or on this board.
    Many are probably forced into prostitution.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I am amazed that you can see videos like this and think gender rather than geography. Have you ever done a job like this, working in these sort of conditions? Come with me on my next trip to southeast asia and I'll hook you up. Philippines or Cambodia? Your choice. I have connections that'll land you a job like this in either.
    Of course I don't want to work this job. That's the point! Feminists don't want to do the job either. But, I am not the one complaining that "women can do anything men can do!" while never fighting to do jobs like these.

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I think you're adorable.
    No point about it?

You have yet to name a single man who wants to do this job as well. And I've heard men bitch about air conditioning as well, so what's your fucking point?

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I think you're adorable.
    No point about it?

Why aren't the women there fighting to work alongside their husbands in the shipyard? Maybe these specific women believe that only men can do jobs like these? But, this wold be sexist.

One thing's for sure, there is no male privilege in Bangladesh.