Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Breaking Video of Men Doing Ship-Breaking Jobs. What do the Feminists on this board think?

1. Top | #31
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Some court is going to decide that cashiers should be paid the same because it's supposedly "comparable work".

2. Top | #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Men don't have a monopoly on privileges. Traditionally women have had quite a few, and still do, especially in some societies. Generally and historically not having to do or being expected to do very dirty and/or dangerous jobs in order to make money (often to support a family) is one type of female privilege.

Those are my thoughts. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else has made the same point.
    "Let us hope that it is not so. Or if it is, let us pray that the fact does not become generally known."

3. Top | #33
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    Men don't have a monopoly on privileges. Traditionally women have had quite a few, and still do, especially in some societies. Generally and historically not having to do or being expected to do very dirty and/or dangerous jobs in order to make money (often to support a family) is one type of female privilege.

Those are my thoughts. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else has made the same point.
    At least you admit it. There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.

4. Top | #34
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

At least you admit it. There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.
    Psst...this is the part where you cite your claim.

5. Top | #35
    At least you admit it.
    It would be silly and one-sided not to, imo.

There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.
    I'm sure that for some, it is. Equality of opportunity would mean that those that it suited could opt for it without being criticised or pressured.

A citation for that study would be useful though.
    "Let us hope that it is not so. Or if it is, let us pray that the fact does not become generally known."

6. Top | #36
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

Sure, here you go:

https://pluralist.com/conservative-w...ists-ny-times/

Notice the picture of the feminist man at the top of the page.

7. Top | #37
    Sure, here you go:

Thanks. If, say, the findings of that study are accurate and reflect a general truth, then I would be good with that. I would only want women who prefer otherwise to also be free to choose not to be conservative, also without criticism or pressure.

Interesting to note that progressive men seem to be happier than conservative men, according to that. Are you a conservative man? If so, have you considered that on average your chances of being happier if you were more progressive might be higher? Though I would say the same thing again as above. If you personally are happier being conservative in gender terms, great.

I do, by the way, agree that sometimes, some feminists criticise conservative women unfairly. Ideally, it would be a free choice.

8. Top | #38
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post

Sure, here you go:

Here is the actual study, not the bastardized description in your link.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

9. Top | #39
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Sure, here you go:

Thanks. If, say, the findings of that study are accurate and reflect a general truth, then I would be good with that. I would only want women who prefer otherwise to also be free to choose not to be conservative, also without criticism or pressure.

Interesting to note that progressive men seem to be happier than conservative men, according to that. Are you a conservative man? If so, have you considered that on average your chances of being happier if you were more progressive might be higher? Though I would say the same thing again as above. If you personally are happier being conservative in gender terms, great.

I do, by the way, agree that sometimes, some feminists criticise conservative women unfairly. Ideally, it would be a free choice.
    Conservatives are progressive. We are just not progressive in the way of , "Everything is sexist, racist, and the fault of male privilege in the patriarchy!"
    Fox News had a liberal on who was arguing that math is racist. This is looney tunes.

10. Top | #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Here is the actual study, not the bastardized description in your link.
    So the study seems to be mainly about religion specifically, not necessarily conservatism generally, or gender conservatism. Though I imagine there's at least a positive correlation between being religious and being gender conservative.