Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Breaking Video of Men Doing Ship-Breaking Jobs. What do the Feminists on this board think?

1. Top | #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    We are just not progressive in the way of , "Everything is sexist, racist, and the fault of male privilege in the patriarchy!"
    Fox News had a liberal on who was arguing that math is racist. This is looney tunes.
    I agree that PC and woke can go too far (that said, there may be ways in which maths might have a slight racist aspect, depending, I don't know because I haven't studied the claim).

But, many liberals would not say such things. So you can't reasonably equate liberal with that.
    "Let us hope that it is not so. Or if it is, let us pray that the fact does not become generally known."

2. Top | #42
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Men don't have a monopoly on privileges. Traditionally women have had quite a few, and still do, especially in some societies. Generally and historically not having to do or being expected to do very dirty and/or dangerous jobs in order to make money (often to support a family) is one type of female privilege.

Those are my thoughts. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else has made the same point.
    At least you admit it. There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.
    A study? Or a survey?
    Or youtube comments?
    Links?

3. Top | #43
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby sparks View Post
    Sure, here you go:

https://pluralist.com/conservative-w...ists-ny-times/

Notice the picture of the feminist man at the top of the page.
    Thanks. If, say, the findings of that study are accurate and reflect a general truth, then I would be good with that. I would only want women who prefer otherwise to also be free to choose not to be conservative, also without criticism or pressure.

Interesting to note that progressive men seem to be happier than conservative men, according to that. Are you a conservative man? If so, have you considered that on average your chances of being happier if you were more progressive might be higher? Though I would say the same thing again as above. If you personally are happier being conservative in gender terms, great.

I do, by the way, agree that sometimes, some feminists criticise conservative women unfairly. Ideally, it would be a free choice.
    Conservatives are progressive. We are just not progressive in the way of , "Everything is sexist, racist, and the fault of male privilege in the patriarchy!"
    then what do you mean by the word 'progressive?'

4. Top | #44
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

Conservatives are progressive. We are just not progressive in the way of , "Everything is sexist, racist, and the fault of male privilege in the patriarchy!"
    Conservatives agree with women working. We agree (with few exceptions) with gay rights. We just don't want to call everything sexist and racist. That's stupid.

For example, we want blacks to be able to vote for anybody they want. But, when a black person votes for a conservative, leftists call them "Uncle Tom" or "race traitor" or "stick with your own kind." This is ironic coming from leftists who say race doesn't matter, yet they constantly try to keep blacks as a hive mind voting Democrat.

We also don't agree with progressives that certain races should get special treatment just for being a certain race.

5. Top | #45
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    We also don't agree with progressives that certain races should get special treatment just for being a certain race.
    Steven Miller and Donald Trump would disagree with you.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

6. Top | #46
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    I don't see Trump advocating anything against blacks. Black unemployment is at the lowest point in history.

Besides, Louis Farrakhan is a Democrat and he's a bigoted black supremacist. Does this mean everyone will abandon the Democrat party because they have Farrakhan in it? Of course not.

7. Top | #47
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I don't see Trump advocating anything against blacks. Black unemployment is at the lowest point in history.

Besides, Louis Farrakhan is a Democrat and he's a bigoted black supremacist. Does this mean everyone will abandon the Democrat party because they have Farrakhan in it? Of course not.
    You think that black people are the only race.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

8. Top | #48
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

You think that black people are the only race.
    I've heard "Race is a social construct. It means nothing," by leftists. Then if they vote conservative they say, "Why do they hate their own people?"

But if race is a social construct, then black people are not a "different kind of people." They are just as much white people's people as they are Asian people's people. This is where leftists end up going mask off. They say race is a social construct while maintaining that "black people should stick to their own kind."

I suppose it would be like asking, "Why don't blue eyed people just stick with blue eyed people?" Pretty insulting, right?

9. Top | #49
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post

Conservatives agree with women working. We agree (with few exceptions) with gay rights. We just don't want to call everything sexist and racist. That's stupid.

For example, we want blacks to be able to vote for anybody they want. But, when a black person votes for a conservative, leftists call them "Uncle Tom" or "race traitor" or "stick with your own kind." This is ironic coming from leftists who say race doesn't matter, yet they constantly try to keep blacks as a hive mind voting Democrat.

I asked you to define a word, you give examples.
    Do you never English?
    There may be no meaning to this world, but that does not mean that what I do is meaningless.
    -Mark Lawrence

10. Top | #50
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

You know that's exactly what you do, right? You find some random anonymous person off youtube, then equate what they say with the entire left.

All.
    The.
    Fucking.
    Time.