Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supreme Court Takes Up Publicly Funded Religious Schools

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    No, it isn't picking an choosing itself
    Correct. And that is the nail in your argument's coffin.

2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Digging into the actual decision:
    The court spends a lot of time in the beginning essentially saying that 'we allowed this shit in the 19th century, therefore it's ok now'.

Interestingly, I agree with the jist of this ruling, but I don't think the SCOTUS would like where it goes. The basic argument is that withholding government funds from these kinds of schools (and contrary to gun nuts bloviating
    .. and that is where I stopped reading your post. I'm sure you might have had a point you were getting to. I also agree with the ruling. Especially the part I referenced in paraphrase that echoed my exact position prior to the decision.

Why so rude? I just started reading Jimmy again and now I got another one to ignore..

3. Top | #23
    Archived
    Total Posts
    All schools is one thing and separation of church and state are quite another. Since money is a government function so too should be requirement for churches seeking such common function money to provide evidence that money it receives from government won't be used for religious purposes. Not asking that churches change practices to receive money only that churches provide evidence required that such money won't be funneled off for such as God seances. Expect suit to follow.

After all even though the government is entitled to tax every citizen it isn't allowed to inquire into the religion of each. Nor should the church be entitled to demand the money for support of children of those parishioners that went to government from the government without specifying what they will do from monies from such funds. To each beneficiary come requirements for identifying and justifying limitations thereof for the use for which they claim the money.

Solomon shouldn't need to cut the baby in half. Since the government can't require every teat to be identified it is up to churches to identify appropriate teat and to justify that it will be used legitimately.

4. Top | #24
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    All schools is one thing and separation of church and state are quite another. Since money is a government function so too should be requirement for churches seeking such common function money to provide evidence that money it receives from government won't be used for religious purposes. Not asking that churches change practices to receive money only that churches provide evidence required that such money won't be funneled off for such as God seances. Expect suit to follow.

After all even though the government is entitled to tax every citizen it isn't allowed to inquire into the religion of each. Nor should the church be entitled to demand the money for support of children of those parishioners that went to government from the government without specifying what they will do from monies from such funds. To each beneficiary come requirements for identifying and justifying limitations thereof for the use for which they claim the money.

Solomon shouldn't need to cut the baby in half. Since the government can't require every teat to be identified it is up to churches to identify appropriate teat and to justify that it will be used legitimately.
    yes, the evidence that the money that is credited TO THE INDIVIDUAL PARENTS is being used BY THE PARENTS as intended (for child's education) is the school's accreditation. Schools that are religiously based can also be accredited...

Quote Originally Posted by https://accreditedchristianschools.com/

Accredited Christian schools or programs are peer reviewed from outside their organizations by educators. An accredited Christian schools have basically had an audit of educational and organizational practices, structure, procedures, and tools. Most accrediting bodies first require a school to submit a self-evaluation report covering how they meet lengthy and detailed requirements for accreditation. They also need to submit curriculum. Then an educational team will visit the school to evaluate the school over one or two days....