Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: "Coronavirus and the US" or "We are all going to die!!!!"

1. Top | #501
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post

Everything about you says "healthy." I cannot say the same for the majority of people I see. Even if they appear healthy I can accurately presume that their diets are garbage. People have lost their connection with a healthy, sustaining diet. For the most part they think their is some kind of magical way your body obtains the nutrients it needs.

The best defense is to stay healthy, eat healthy, keep the weight off, exercise to exhaustion on a regularly basis, pick up heavy things, stretch, jump, do whatever it takes to mimic the lifestyle our bodies crave to be healthy. Use it or lose it, no matter your age.

I was reading that in China, although the virus took many lives, because of how people had to adjust many more lives were saved. That doesn't mean we can eat garbage and live like slugs, only that we have a lot to learn.

I heard that some European countries are hoping for 100% exposure to the virus, doing to nothing to stop its spread. People will die, but there will be no recurrence.
    How many countries are actually doing that? Belarus, Russia? Who else?

There is so much bs flying around, many more people are falling for it than usual. Kind of like the “disturbing trend” of teens coughing on vegetables in the grocery store.
    Sweden still plays life as normal.

2. Top | #502
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Looks like doctor Trump was right, anti-malaria drug works against corona-virus tremendously well.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920300996

Conclusion
    Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin.

3. Top | #503
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Looks like doctor Trump was right, anti-malaria drug works against corona-virus tremendously well.

Conclusion
    Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin.
    The best you can say is that the results look promising but are inconclusive, because those getting the drug knew that they were getting it and the doctors knew which patients were getting the drug. So there was likely some placebo effect. A double-blind study is needed to actually prove that the drug is effective. I believe that the French government has yet to accept the results of this study as proof of effectiveness.

4. Top | #504
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post

Conclusion
    The best you can say is that the results look promising but are inconclusive, because those getting the drug knew that they were getting it and the doctors knew which patients were getting the drug. So there was likely some placebo effect. A double-blind study is needed to actually prove that the drug is effective. I believe that the French government has yet to accept the results of this study as proof of effectiveness.
    Placebo cause virus count to drop?

5. Top | #505

No, that could be the immune system in patients who believe they are getting a cure. Hence the need for a double-blind study that uses placebos.

6. Top | #506
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts

Conclusion
    It's not a high quality study.

There's also the problem of the dose--this is a case where the cure might be worse than the disease.

7. Top | #507
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts

No, that could be the immune system in patients who believe they are getting a cure. Hence the need for a double-blind study that uses placebos.
    They're doing a larger study now involving multiple drugs, but it won't be double-blind.

8. Top | #508
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

They're doing a larger study now involving multiple drugs, but it won't be double-blind.
    It may take more time to set up a double-blind study, so the larger study makes sense. I have no medical credentials and fully admit that I am not qualified to judge that. I believe that other studies are taking place, and they should be using the standard double-blind method.

What I trust is advice from experts like Dr. Fauci, who did what he could to correct the misinformation spread by his boss. I hope that the man will not be fired for it. At one point, he did a facepalm during one of Trump's speeches. A reporter asked him if he had been scolded for it, and he said "No comment". He also said that he could not jump out in front of the microphone and "push him down". Fauci is too popular to fire immediately, but his days are probably numbered. Too much honesty.

9. Top | #509
    Now we have a new death from chloroquine that may get through to people trying to defend Trump's irresponsible, idiotic endorsement of an untested drug. This time it is an American in Arizona. Not from one of those shithole countries, apparently, and possibly just another American who took Trump seriously. He and his wife, both in their 60s, took some chloroquine phosphate, which is used to clean fish tanks, in order to stave off infection. Within an hour, he died and she ended up in emergency care.

See Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

10. Top | #510
    Archived
    Total Posts

No, that could be the immune system in patients who believe they are getting a cure.
    That would be even bigger discovery.