Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 166

Thread: Transphobia in Miami

  1. Top | #11
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,183
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,412
    Rep Power
    62
    If every man identified themselves as a woman, that would only incentivise me more on to becoming a lesbian. That you require such absurd hypotheticals to support your arguments should incentivise you into some introspection.

  2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,697
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    If every man identified themselves as a woman, that would only incentivise me more on to becoming a lesbian. That you require such absurd hypotheticals to support your arguments should incentivise you into some introspection.
    It's not absurd. It's a point. If nobody would agree that there's 0 men now on Earth, then how can you agree ANY trans women are real women?

  3. Top | #13
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,183
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,412
    Rep Power
    62
    There are men on earth, so your argument is meaningless.

  4. Top | #14
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,697
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    There are men on earth, so your argument is meaningless.
    ONLY because they identify as men, right?

    That's the ONLY REASON we have men on Earth, right?

  5. Top | #15
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    17,487
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    41,987
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    They claim you can change your gender on a whim
    Whim?

    Who says this? Seriously, whst trans person says they'll be a male today, might be a woman tomorrow?
    Anyone besides people who are not trans?
    Fine, Keith. Not "on a whim."

    But the brainbuster question still remains:

    If every man on Earth identified as a woman, would you agree that there are 0 men on Earth?
    You mean, if every woman on earth was allowed to identify as a woman, don't you?

  6. Top | #16
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    3,326
    Archived
    2,911
    Total Posts
    6,237
    Rep Power
    41
    What I find funny is how much Halfie cares about whether someone identifies as a gender that matches his narrow expectation of how behavior should pair to genitals.

    Like boo fucking hoo.

    As long as people who make sperm and people that make eggs make a decent number of babies overall, nobody should really need to care how the people who do so act, as long as they aren't shitty to one another, and raise children who similarly mix some chemicals often enough and treat each other well.

    I seriously wonder if they are questioning their own gender choices, as that would explain why they resent trans people so much: they are all in on "bot straight white male" religion-wise, and hate that trans people get to be what he wishes he was.

  7. Top | #17
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    16,637
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    19,671
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    What I find funny is how much Halfie cares about whether someone identifies as a gender that matches his narrow expectation of how behavior should pair to genitals.
    He does seem to have quite the interest in other men's genitals.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  8. Top | #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,697
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    What I find funny is how much Halfie cares about whether someone identifies as a gender that matches his narrow expectation of how behavior should pair to genitals.

    Like boo fucking hoo.

    As long as people who make sperm and people that make eggs make a decent number of babies overall, nobody should really need to care how the people who do so act, as long as they aren't shitty to one another, and raise children who similarly mix some chemicals often enough and treat each other well.

    I seriously wonder if they are questioning their own gender choices, as that would explain why they resent trans people so much: they are all in on "bot straight white male" religion-wise, and hate that trans people get to be what he wishes he was.
    No, it's quite simple really. I understand that there are people who want to "buck gender norms," but that's all they are doing. They are bucking gender norms. If a man wants to wear a skirt or women want to dress like lumberjacks, that's fine with me.

    But, don't go around saying, "I'm actually a woman because I like wearing a skirt" or "I'm a man because I like dressing like a lumberjack." In this case, you wouldn't be bucking gender norms, but instead be conforming to them.

    I think they are getting "gender roles/norms" confused with "gender." Gender norms can be changed. You can dress or act however you want. But you are NOT a different gender because of it. That is my point.

    It' the equivalent of saying, "I'm a shark because I love to always be swimming," or "I'm actually a cat because I love sleeping all day doing nothing," or "I'm actually a cheetah because I love to run fast."

  9. Top | #19
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,697
    Archived
    1,250
    Total Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post

    Fine, Keith. Not "on a whim."

    But the brainbuster question still remains:

    If every man on Earth identified as a woman, would you agree that there are 0 men on Earth?
    You mean, if every woman on earth was allowed to identify as a woman, don't you?
    Keith, if you are born with a penis, you are a male. If you are born with a vagina, you are a woman. Case closed. Period. Full stop. Whatever you decide to do after that, be it your style of dress, your style of talk, your style of hair, etc does not mean you have become the opposite sex/gender.

    The only exception you can make is for a hermaphrodite. Perhaps they can choose which sex/gender they want to be called. But, other than that, penis=male and vagina=female.

  10. Top | #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,183
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    2,412
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    What I find funny is how much Halfie cares about whether someone identifies as a gender that matches his narrow expectation of how behavior should pair to genitals.

    Like boo fucking hoo.

    As long as people who make sperm and people that make eggs make a decent number of babies overall, nobody should really need to care how the people who do so act, as long as they aren't shitty to one another, and raise children who similarly mix some chemicals often enough and treat each other well.

    I seriously wonder if they are questioning their own gender choices, as that would explain why they resent trans people so much: they are all in on "bot straight white male" religion-wise, and hate that trans people get to be what he wishes he was.
    No, it's quite simple really. I understand that there are people who want to "buck gender norms," but that's all they are doing. They are bucking gender norms. If a man wants to wear a skirt or women want to dress like lumberjacks, that's fine with me.

    But, don't go around saying, "I'm actually a woman because I like wearing a skirt" or "I'm a man because I like dressing like a lumberjack." In this case, you wouldn't be bucking gender norms, but instead be conforming to them.

    I think they are getting "gender roles/norms" confused with "gender." Gender norms can be changed. You can dress or act however you want. But you are NOT a different gender because of it. That is my point.

    It' the equivalent of saying, "I'm a shark because I love to always be swimming," or "I'm actually a cat because I love sleeping all day doing nothing," or "I'm actually a cheetah because I love to run fast."
    Lumberjacks put on women's clothing and hang around in bars, dude. They also sleep all night and work all day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •